Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

Blush of Life active in public
    AotP disabled in Court

PRE

The engine of a jet black '68 El Camino can be heard idling with a quiet rumble out by the front of the Avalon. The windows are up, but the sounds of Bad Company can be heard clearly reverberating within the cab of the vehicle.

That is, the song Bad Company. This is actually a cover by Five Finger Death Punch. Likely the most recently recorded song these speakers have played for more than the few seconds it takes to skip through radio stations.

The Kindred inside the vehicle, lightly finger-drumming the beat where his hands lay on the steering wheel and along the back of the couch seat, singing along, is the Reeve, Dillon Connery. His pitch isn't dead perfect, but no one can really hear him from here anyway. Not unless they're a Mekhet with hypersensitive hearing, that is.

Which exactly who Dillon is waiting on. Well, one of them, anyway.

Dressed in a similar casual outfit to the one he was caught in leaving Elysium some time ago, Dillon sports rugged attire suited to a patrol. He doesn't exactly expect or predict danger, but he is aware, prepared, and vigilant for it.

The guys by the door of the club might have asked someone else to move, by now. Needless to say, they've come to know the Gangrel Reeve, somewhat. Not that they know that about him, but they know enough to realize his job is way, way above their pay grade.

While he waits on the Bailiff to arrive or exit, whichever the case may be, Dillon can't help but smile at the line of patrons waiting to get into the packed and popular night spot. Several of them, women and men alike, are eyeballing him for various reasons of their own.

Hunting in The Rack is almost disgustingly easy.

Not quite caterwauling
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-23 08:03:00 Dillon Connery rolls 5 to sing along; Presence + Expression + 1(SL2) (10 Again) 6, 3, 9, 5, 6 1 success
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)
    Striking •• (Boyish Good looks)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella made her way out of Avalon, having taken care of a few things before her meeting with Dillon. She had felt odd walking around Avalon, doing safely checks dressed in jeans. Jeans were definitely more casual than she was usually comfortable with, usually favoring dresses and skirts. But she was more comfortable being around Dillon casually dressed, though she felt self-conscious of her lack of height without her trademark heels.

It doesn’t take her long to spot the gangrel Reeve, smiling and approaching the car. Seemed he liked to sing, her sensitive ears picking up on that. Stopping a couple feet away, she allows her Beast a moment to settle before speaking, “Good evening Mr Connery.” Said Daniella, “Is singing another hidden talent?” she asked playfully.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Bishop of the Lancea et Sanctum
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Dillon is out of the car, and reducing the volume of the music, by the time Daniella speaks. Having invoked the Blush to be near so many mortals inconspicuously, his ears actually turn a little pink at her comment.

"Oh," he begins without missing a beat, "This just an attempt to regain my masculinity after last year's Movie Madness party." There is no inflection hinting that he swapped out the word Court for party, because that in itself is drawing as much attention to the cover. Dillon knows Dani will pick it up.

It was last year, wasn't it?

With over a hundred and seventy of them behind him, it's hard to keep some individual years straight.

Cheeky comments aside, Dillon greets her more appropriately. One might think that her having her legs covered would make it easier to refrain from staring at them. Alas, no. "Good evening to you as well, Miss Sage. Even in jeans, you have such lovely class."

The compliment and wink gives him enough time to slip around the front of the idling car and open the door. Several women over on the walk awaiting entrance to the club giggle at this chivalry. Dillon is pretty good at catching on to modern social norms, but he's also pretty stubborn about his manners.
    Be polite. Be courteous. Show professionalism. And have a plan to kill everyone in the room.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella smiles, “A successful attempt it is, though if memory serves me correctly you looked quite dashing at the party.” She compliments him. Though it was hard to believe it was last year already, where does the time go, she thinks.

She was a little taken aback by the compliment, smiling shyly, “Thank you, very kind of you to say. I figured jeans would be a better fit for this evening then my usual attire.” She felt like she was rambling at this point. But the Reeves compliment and charm put her at ease with her selection for the evening.

If there was one thing of many that Daniella enjoyed about Dillon it was that he was always the gentleman. Tonight proved no different as he opened her door for her, smiling to him, “Thank you.” She said, sliding into the car.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Adept at communicating with his smile, Dillon's warm grin is more effective gratitude for Daniella's continued praise than more thank yous would be. He adds a humble nod, though.

"I imagine that jeans will make any pursuit or obstacle-vaulting we are forced to do much more comfortable, and less of a spectacle," Dillon quips as he begins to shut Daniella's door. Not that any man in his right mind would complain about watching Daniella doing that, either way. "But hopefully that won't end up on the agenda, tonight."

Crossing back around to his own side of the car, the Reeve begins speaking more freely once he is inside, and both doors are shut.

"I am actually curious if there are any elements making use of Sacramento's unique waterways to get around or through the city unnoticed. I'm not sure if you're aware, but a very popular nomad tactic is to bury or fasten oneself at the bottom of a body of water, or at least, deep enough that the Daystar's light cannot penetrate, in order to survive the Sleep.

"In theory, one could make Haven in the river. Only coming out to hunt."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella nods her head, “They do have a certain comfortable quality to them. Perhaps I will conduct my patrols from now on wearing them.” She said in a carefree tone, deciding it couldn’t hurt to wear jeans a little more often. Perhaps people would find her more approachable in such attire.

She turns her head to watch and listen to Dillon as he spoke. “I wasn’t aware; this could certainly present quite a security concern. It is actually quite genius in way, a good way to go undetected. How big of a security concern does this present to the Domain? Should patrols be increased among the waterways? I know I am willing to step up my current patrols to help keep an eye on this should it be needed.”

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

After seat belts are secured, Dillon shifts the powerful vehicle into Drive and checks positions of pedestrians and other cars. He is speaking casually while he does this. The movements are so practiced that they are second nature.

"It was a nasty problem in Chicago, because Lake Michigan is right there."
    One hand lifts from the wheel an inch for an open gesture toward the windshield, as though placing an imaginary body of water right in front of them in the street. "There is so much space, right beside the Domain, that is nigh impossible to police and patrol. And unlike coastal cities, there is usually very moderate tide or surf.

"For Kindred, you can walk right in, find a place to sleep, and walk right out again with hardly any danger of being disturbed."

As they begin their journey through the side streets, the Reeve offers a small shrug. "The only way we we able to keep eyes on the situation is to maintain influence on all of the lakeside property we could, in addition to having people of our own down there. Such things might be worth considering here, as well as up toward Folsom Lake.

"But I'm not convinced that it's already a concern in Sacramento. I'd just like to investigate the very real possibility that it might be in the future."

With an another mischievous twist to his smile, Dillon quips, "I should have asked you to bring a bathing suit or something you didn't mind getting wet. We could just look for ourselves."

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She listened as he spoke, finding the whole idea amazing. It had never occurred to her that Kindred could use waterways in such a manner. “How was it handled in Chicago? With the new Kindred in town certainly we could figure out some way to spread our resources around? I just hate the thought of unacknowledged Kindred roaming around the Domain.” She said, “Though I have unwavering faith in your ability to keep the Domain safe.” She added.

She nodded, his words offering a little relief to her. “It is a relief to hear that you are not convinced that is a concern yet. Better we are prepared for the possibility of this then sit around and hope it doesn’t happen.” If they increased patrols along the water front, it would be a step in the right direction. They had plenty of new faces who were eager to step up and help.

At the mention of a bathing suit she grins, “I wish you had! It would have certainly been an interesting way to spend an evening. Perhaps another night?” it would make for an interesting patrol to say the least.

Onward Christian Soldier
    DILLON CONNERY

Regent of Valencia
    Reeve of Sacramento
    Priscus of Clan Gangrel
    Aspect of the Predator

Sacramento ••••
    Lancea Sanctum •
    Gangrel ••••

AotP disabled in Court

PRE

Answering the question of Chicago’s policy directly, Dillon rattles a few things off the top of his head, like a grocery list, while heading them steadily toward the highway onramp. ”Ah, a number of policies were implemented. Numerous ghoul-owned properties along the shorelines, influence and ownership of some of the ports and marinas, as well as Kindred agents who made Haven there as well.”

It would be a bit of an undertaking to put such a plan of action in place here is Sacramento, but Dillon doesn’t believe the multiple redundant systems will be necessary outside of Domains the size of Chicago.

“Just imagine how it is on Manhattan,” he supplies merely as a food-for-thought.

There is a measured, loaded beat before he offers further comment on the subject of bathing suits. “Yeah, I suppose jumping into the river in our underwear is totally out of the question, huh?”

His grin has a bit of a wince to it for just a small instant after that. Possibly second-guessing the wisdom of tossing such frivolity in a conversation with the lovely Keeper.

Blood Potency •••••
    Presence ••• (Disarming)

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

Daniella listened as he explained what was done in Chicago. “Well I hope it doesn’t become such an issue here. Though there is something to be said for making your home near the water, and it wouldn’t hurt my feelings to make my home at such a place.” She added with a smile. She always had a soft spot in her dead heart for the water, finding it to be relaxing.

“It is certainly something we can examine more if it presents to be an issue.”

She was a bit surprised by Dillons words, but not offended or upset. Gently shaking her head, “I’m not sure that would be very professional to do.” She says as a grin appears on her face, “Though I am awfully tempted especially with how lovely the weather has been and a growing curiosity of the waterways.” She adds playfully, after all, bathing suits looked just like underwear these days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread