THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Nob Hill was filled with mansions. Made of wood and replete with beauty, austerity, opulence and power. This was the place where the early captains of industry, the landed wealth, and the first rail barons had laid their hearths. Times had changed somewhat, but power and wealth still concentrated on the slopes of the hill, where grand old mansions remained, and the streets were wide and lined with trees. By day, the wide streets were filled with the clip-clop of hooves, ambling wealthy men in their frock coats and their ladies with their chaperones and entourages. By night, the dark was banished by the new electric night - harnessed lightning firmly grasped in the hands of the new lords of Capital. The new century, they knew, was theirs.

Yet none of these later day princes could see the Eternal Predator in their midst: not even when it made such an open and ostentatious display of itself. Hyde and Clay was not a particularly big mansion, situated as it was on the corner of the streets that bore its name. It was washed in white paint, with contrasting blue paint picking out the windows and door in artful moderation; a moderation obliterated by the hideous monstrosity of a portico at the entrance. The portico was big and bursting with an exuberance of carving that bordered on the vulgar. The portico didn't just proclaim the families wealth and artistic vision (or lack thereof) - it served as a siren call to Kindred that bordered on good taste and pressed upon the boundary of the Masquerade itself. Hidden in the scroll-work, the art-nouvou vines, and cherubs, and imps, and skeletons, was the code of Invictus. This was the house of the Prince and clearly, he didn't care who knew.

Rather, this mysterious figure of Authority, welcomed it! The code was clear: come in, weary traveller, and gain admittance to the society of the damned...
    Jaling

J
    Jaling

2 suxx to obfs curved sword beneath coat
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-09 11:23:14 Larina rolls 3 to Touch of Shadow (Wit+Lar+Obf-2) (10 Again) 10, 3, 9, 5 2 successes

Larina had made the decision to make her appearance before the Prince the night before, deciding that she had waited long enough. There was no need to spit on the shoes of the ruling authority as she had no intention of leaving the city and from what she had heard from her sire, he could make her life hell if not outright have her killed. It was bizarre trying to wrap her head around the new political structure since it was so vastly different, but for her father's sake, she had to do her best. Dressing in her high-collared shirt and skinny tie with a long skirt and jacket she hid her personal sword on her person using the trick she was taught. Carrying one at all would get her in trouble with the law, but traveling at night brought about unsavory people who would like to take advantage of her lack of companionship and she was not about to be caught unprepared. Finally she added a wide-brimmed floral hat and walked out the door.

As she strolled along the streets in the rich side of town she looked at the new electric lights with a smile on her face. No fire. This is the future. She had considered lighting her home with this new technology, but with all the horror stories she had heard of with cris-crossed wires starting fires and bulbs exploding, she decided to wait for them to perfect it a bit. As it was she had to have her employees who manned the shop leave the custom-made lamps on during the night. It was a genius idea she had after nearly attacking an employee who had approached her with a lamp. Creating a casing of polished metal that both hid sight of the flame when elevated and reflected the light up at the ceiling to increase the light in the shop as a whole. If she dressed it up a bit and marketted it, she could probably sell it as a new lighting technique that was safer and brighter...

Before she knew it Larina was at the corner looking at the rather large house. The porch looked rather odd to her and her approach to the door was slow as she took it all in. Is it a story? Her fingers traced the lines of the 'art' as her slow approach towards the door continued. Eventually she found herself at the door and took a moment to compose herself. This was just another business meeting, that's all. Just another business meeting. Yeah, but the product in question is your life... Shaking her head she reached out and knocked on the door firmly three times.

Minnie Chang arrives at the place with her typical, indetectable attentions. She was ever so curious to see how the other side lives, and tonight she would find out.

Redundantly sneaking in with powers of the blood and mundane stealth, she creeps into place to observe any who entered or left this house tonight, and to observe every detail of the house's exterior, so that she might proceed with grace into tonight's potential research and dealings.

2 sux Obfuscate, 2 sux stealth
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-09 21:49:19 Minnie Chang rolls 7 to Stealth + Dex (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 3, 3, 10, 4, 5 2 successes
    2013-10-09 21:48:23 Minnie Chang rolls 10 to Cloak of Night (10 Again) 5, 5, 3, 7, 4, 6, 2, 1, 8, 8 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Larina

As Larina drew near the building she felt the first wash of another presence, a Beast whose imprint was stronger than her own, roll over her. Standing under the portico, she realises that the Beast lies within and probably on the ground floor. However, before the Savage can choose to withdraw, the door opens.

Larina's knock is answered promptly by an elderly man of colour. Hair, stark white, frames his head bald pate. His eyes initially show surprise, which flows into confusion and settles into suspicion. He is dressed as a butler or a footman with an austere simplicity that he carries almost regally.

"Yes, miss. Can I help you?" His voice is strong and chimes with the timbre of health. He may be aged, this man, but he is not bowed by it.

Minnie

Minnie feels the presence of the Beast as well. Safely veiled by the mysteries of her dread powers and her Blood, Minnie feels secure that her presence remains hidden. From her vantage point, she can see -and sense- Larina as a predator equal to herself.

@Princess Chang I'm assuming you'll be sticking reasonably close to Larina, in order to slip inside the house? If I'm wrong, please correct me. Thanks

J
    Jaling

As the sense of the stronger beast washed over, her first reaction wanted to be to steel her beast against it, to appear as strong as it. Such a reflex reaction she had been warned against though lest it be seen as a challenge or threat. Dealing with the unpleasantness while it lasted she turned her attention to the man who had just opened the door. His voice in spite of his age was not lost on her. He must have been a hard worker and still is in order not to be weary at the age he was. Smiling at the man she spoke in a quiet but firm voice, "Good evening sir. I was wondering if the Master of the House was in and open to visitors at this time. My name is Larina Catillia and I am here to make an introduction."

Chang lingers close enough to make her own discreet entrance into the house, with as little attention from the others as possible.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The butler cautiously invites Larina into the house. He led her to the drawing room with quiet efficiency.

"I'll inform the master. Are you inquiring after his Grace, the Prince? He is a nobleman from the Old Country, a long time friend of the master. We get a fair few callers who are after him, specifically. You'll forgive me for being forward and prying into your business, but I've found that clarity can avoid some... embarrassment."

Minne, enfolded in the cloaking aura of her arcane knowledge, is left with the free run of a small mansion. Its rooms and halls are filled with light; a small staff are carrying about their duties as the dinner is cleared away. The lady of her house retreats to her parlour; the master to his library and billiard table, with his eldest son. The younger son is pestering an effeminate dandy as he exits a smaller, private, room. "Please, sir, when will the Prince be coming back?"

J
    Jaling

Smiling a genuine smile when invited inside, Larina follows the man quietly and close so as not to be mistaken for wandering. Once led to the drawing room and the man spoke again she nodded. "Yes, thank you. I am here to see the Prince. And thank you also for saving me the embarrassment of finding out in their presence. I truly appreciate it." Something did seem a little off even since he laid eyes on her and she couldn't help but do a little prying herself. "Before that, if you don't mind. You have seemed ill at ease since you opened the door. Is something about me off-putting? I only ask so as not to give the Prince or Master the same impression."

With so many paths open to her, Minnie will begin her thorough inspection with whichever rooms seem to be most ignored at the moment. She has all the time in the world to unravel this place, after all.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Larina

"No, miss. Nothing like that and i apologise if that is the impression you've formed. Ah... His Grace keeps some mighty strange company and even stranger hours. I've learned to be careful around those that call on him, is all." He bowed slightly as he withdrew. "I will be back shortly with writing materials."

As she waits, Larina will feel the pressure of the other Beast moving toward her.

Chang

Wrapped in her arcane power, the entire house is open to her. To save time I'll outline the rooms available and Minnie Chang can explore where she chooses.

Ground Floor.
    Dining Room (servants clearing the table)
    Parlour (the Lady of the House)
    Library and Billiard Room (the Master of the House and Eldest Son)
    Drawing Room (Larina)
    Office (Door Closed. Dandy and Youngest Son at the door, moving away and heading toward the front entrance and Drawing Room)

First Floor.
    Master Bedroom
    Lady of the House Bedroom
    Eldest Son's Room
    Younger Son's Room
    Guest Room 1
    Guest Room 2

Notable "Downstairs" Locations.
    Kitchen (servants working)
    Servants Quarters

Minnie will notice the Dandy being pestered by the boy. The Dandy emits a Beast stronger than her own and is moving from the discretely placed Office. If Minnie watches, the Dandy and the butler will meet in the hall and have a brief, quiet, conversation.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread