Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Taylor Sells His Soul

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Taylor had heard of Faustian Deals before, and he/she was no fool. He/she could walk away, but what good would that do? Why come this far with no results? Is that just his presence making me think this way? No, it couldn't be...

"I want a promise of no Faust-like hidden meanings or consequences. Yes, I accept that I will pay what I've agreed to. However, I do not want to be screwed over by a petty miswording or shady unforeseen loophole."

"In making an agreement, what you will receive and at what cost are clearly stated. This, too, is an inescapable condition of these agreements, the rules of which were set by entities powerful and ancient beyond your comprehension or mine. As to consequences, not being omniscient, I cannot anticipate what the future will bring, nor can I be held responsible for the consequences of another's choices, but the costs of the agreement will stated clearly. There are no hidden costs."

Samael lets Taylor consider that for a moment, then says "If you are ready to establish an agreement, state the degree to which you would like me to enhance the strength of your blood, and which of the blood powers you wish me to awaken or enhance."

Taylor remembers standing back in Clarke's office and feeling the intensity of his blood, he/she wanted to be that powerful. Taylor also remembered back to being instructed by his/her sire and seeing the much more powerful Galloi display the Nosferatu power of hiding one's self, but it didn't end there -- those of Galloi blood had the Daeva's emotional control ability too; Taylor wanted all of these things.

Although it was not Samael's preferred vice, Taylor gave in entirely to the sin of envy. "I want blood as strong as Prince Clarke's, my kind's ability to hide objects my beast and myself, and a mastery over the Daeva's emotional manipulation powers." Gripped in his/her own desire for the ability of others, these wants are blurted out.

"I do not know this Prince of whom you speak, and while I can find out who he is easily enough, that is not a useful way for us to spend our time here. I will shift your perceptions of me, causing you to perceive my own power as akin to the blood power of your kind. Tell me when it is of the same level as that of this Prince."

Samael then closes his eyes for a moment, and for a just an instant, Taylor's Beast recoils, terrified beyond its experience, urging him to flee this place and never return. That immediately passes, however, and Taylor is confronted with a beast equal to his own and - stranger - feeling much like his own, as if kin. Slowly, then, the impression he receives of Samael's own Beast becomes stronger, gradually more powerful and frightening, until it matches that he recalls of Prince Clarke.

Of course he doesn't know who he is. Think of a different way to explai-

The thought itself was interrupted by the sudden incredible force of power Samael was displaying. This thing of a man was something even more powerful than Taylor had originally perceived. What kind of ancient power could not only give itself the beast, but strengthen it at will? Taylor was scared shitless, but when the feeling was right he nodded. "Yes, that is the correct feeling."

Samael nods, and the impression of the Beast fades away.

He says "I need to take a few moments to contemplate the rest of what you are requesting." He closes his eyes and mumbles something in a harsh, guttural language, painful to the ears, then sits completely still for a minute or so before opening his eyes.

"You stated you desire mastery of the blood powers common to another category of creature like yourself. By mastery, I assume you mean you would like to possess that power at the fullestt degree possible for one of the blood strength you desire. Is that correct?"

The room becomes much more tolerable once Samael's imitation of the vampiric beast fades, but when he starts to speak in the guttural language Taylor cringes at the sound. "Yes, that's correct."

Brief answers, Taylor, keep them brief.

"Very well, then," Samael says. "I can grant that you wish, though the cost will not be small. But your willingness to pay it over time will make lessen the initial cost somewhat. Are you ready to fill in the details of our arrangement?"

"Yes, let's discuss the details. Depending on the results of that discussion, I will give you my answer."

Here's the good part.

Samael nods and begins to speak, his voice almost hypnotic.

"The first condition is non-negotiable. After our agreement is completed, you will be unable to communicate with anyone other than myself, in any manner, regarding the details of our agreement.

"The second is inherent to the pact to which we will bind ourselves. Such binding will make you a bit less what you once were."

in game terms...

"Finally, in exchange for an increase in the strength of your blood and granting you the requested blood powers, the following costs will be levied.

"First, power requires sacrifice. Though your blood will be stronger, you sacrifice to me the personal power that accompanies this strengthening of the blood. You will be required to keep that much blood in reserve in your system, and should it be expended and not replenished within the hour, you will start to suffer grievious wounds which will be fatal within minutes, though these can be healed quickly in the manner of your kind once the reserve has been refilled. This boon will be granted immediately upon the acceptance of our arrangement."

in game terms...

"Second, with power comes enemies. Within one month's time, you will locate a human couple, each truly in love with the other. You will put out the eye of one of them, then force that one to watch while you take the life of the other, dedicating the sacrifice to me. You must then let live the one that watched the sacrifice of his or her love, knowing that in doing so you have made a mortal enemy, and you can neither do harm to this individual or cause another to do harm to him or her until such time as this individual attacks or physically harms you. The blood powers you request will be yours when this task has been completed."

"Third and finally, you offer service eternal. Each half-month you will have to perform one of the following three duties. First, you can kill a living human or one of your own kind, dedicating the sacrifice to me. Second, you can convince some living human - by whatever means - to offer him- or herself to you, body and soul, and then give that person over to me. Or, finally, your service for the half-month will be considered met if you convince one of your kind to enter a permanent pact with me.

"Alternately, if you wish your ongoing service to be somewhat less demanding, allowing you more latitude for pursuing your personal goals, you will be required to fulfill one of the three previously-stated tasks only once a month if you agree to a greater sacrifice of the mystic power of your blood."

in game terms...

"Know, though, that failure to complete this required service will result in your complete and absolute thralldom to me for a period of one month. Should you fail in this service a third time, you then become my complete and utter thrall for the remainder of your existence. I pledge, however, that if you accept these conditions, I will neither take, or cause another to take, any action to interfere with your completing your required duties."

"These are the conditions I offer in exchange for what you wish. Do you accept these conditions in full?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread