Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Acknowledgement: David Regan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps out any new arrivals by discreetly directly Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Here a calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully sitting, almost sentinel-like, by a coffee table laden with maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast.

Perhaps she's a Ghoul.

But there she sits; prettily, meekly and sweetly attired in an English school uniform: a black 'winter pattern' felt broad brimmed cap of the Edwardian English school fashion and of the traditional winter design...the small embroidered cap badge seems to be of some heraldic crest and matches that of the embroidered badge on her neat black blazer. A pair of scholarly wire-framed spectacles are perched on the end of her nose.

She wears a long black gymslip which shows her remaining slim leg to mid calf. Her ebony black hair is tied into long neat twin tails. Each twin tail is tied with a large red silken ribbon bow.

Martha wears a white kneesock on her trim and athletically slim flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Mary Jane shoes.

Martha is wearing her C-Leg this evening, but all the same, it is obvious to a casual glance that she has had a high level amputation of her left leg.

A crisp white blouse is obvious where the gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie which is tucked neatly into her gymslip. A satchel rests close to her simple and modest metal walking cane.

Though working hard at the maps, Martha knew she had to be attentive to her environment so she looked up from her copy of "War Powers: How The Imperial Presidency Hijacked The Constitution" by Prof. Peter Irons and looked again over to The Stairs which descend into the covert Elysian Field from the nightclub...just in case...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

Scythian empires, horsemen of the Russian steppe

Outside, there were mortals who went about their business. A swirling array of clothes, self-consciousness, and preening that David never really understood; even as the tableau moved in front of him, without him. Instead, David concentrated on the sound of the music. Errant notes that tumbled out of the club drowning out the constant chatter of the 'companion.' A hissing voice that reminded him constantly of the bottomless hunger, reminding him of his own failings and failures.

David Regan was a hairsbreadth from running from Avalon.

There were too many people. Even out in the fresh air, under the amber sodium light, he felt stifled. But, his companion reminded him of his hunger. And, even more so, Johan's exacting standard was to be obeyed. So, like a child made to eat their vegetables, David Regan stuffed his hands into his pockets and started across the street. Serendipity is an amazing thing, even as David believed (probably rightly) that it never looked his way, for as one of the Mortals ran into his shoulder and kept going; one of the servants of Elysium noticed him.

Scythian empires, archers of an afterthought

It was the scent of Lemons that greeted David first. It reminded him of the cleaning products one of the Dragons back home would use. It was never Pine-Sol, unfortunately, that Dragon believed the scent of Pine was first., overused in Minneapolis and second, bad luck. David never had evidence to the contrary, and so it went.

So, while fingers ran over his Fate Card in his pocket (kept for that aforementioned good luck), he meandered down the stairs. In that expectation of something familiar, David drew far more calm and the expression on his face drifted away towards curiosity.

He took to counting the stairs.

Routed by Sarmatians, thwarted by the Thracians

When the servant left, who might look at the unremarkable young man with a sense of envy, there was none but a young and old Dragon. 'Um, hi' was quickly dismissed as not something to say. He, like her, emitted no beast. His own companion having taken and usurped a pantomime of David's own penchant to hide himself away.

Shyness is crippling in times like this. Especially, when one is self-described as an INTJ. Never the initiator.

David shuffles his feet, just so. His eyes downcast, stealing a look at the young lady out of time.

"Hi," and David immediately chastises himself for the inelegance of his ability to rouse her attention. "They found me outside," and took one look at David knowing that he was one of them. But, the Mekhet himself is all stammers and silences, trying hard to rouse the words out of him. "I'd like to stay here... if that's okay. And eat, I guess."

Scythian Empires

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and watched the young man. A gentle smile. She laid her book aside and took care with her cane to stand. If he was a ghoul or stray...he might be a threat.

Had she known that Andrew Bird and the dust of long forgotten empires were on his mind, she may have reacted with less caution.

Instead Martha took the chance, while standing and making a show of rubbing at her crippled hip, to study his Aura...such a thing was, she liked to think, a sensible precaution.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-27 13:48:30 Martha Villiers rolls 7 to Investigate David's Aura (Int+Emp+Aus) -WP -1 for hues = 7 (10 Again) 4, 2, 9, 7, 10, 10, 9, 6, 5 4 successes

Seeing his Aura betrayed him for the Undead, she relaxed a little and smiled and then found a reason to rub again at her maimed hip.

Now, perhaps in an unconscious response to compensate for his Myers Briggs score, the small lady chirped an apparently sincere and warm welcome. Waving her cane free and delicate hand to invite him to sit near her sofa and books while speaking;

"Good evening, sir!" she smiled happily. Her English accent so very clear.

"They found you Outside, did they?" she asks with rhetorical playfulness.

Perhaps teasing with the idea of societies and their fringes.

"I daresay they did..." she giggled merrily, playfully. More to giggle with him than against him, "please, sir...you may sit and speak and, if you come in peace, I daresay we can find you something delightful too eat too!" she added with a cheery tone.

"My name is Martha Villiers, Miss Martha Villiers. I have the honour to serve His Grace, Asa Clarke, the Invictus Duke and Prince of this Domain, as his Herald and Seneschal and you are welcome if you come in peace."

Waving her cane to the seat again she took a moment to lean upon it and wait, quietly now after the sudden burst of words from her, to see what, if anything, this shy gentleman had to say for himself.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    Casitive

It was a trick that Johan would do on occasion. Off-handed remarks of 'You are White' today, would come from seemingly nowhere. Colors had signifigance which is why David didn't wear three. He wasn't allowed, it was expressed and impressed on the young Mekhet's mind. Colors that were for others, because they were signifigant. David liked to think that the Axe Sworn weren't Angry all the time.

Even so, on top of a cloud betraying his Death; there was an orangy-gray-slightly yellow cloud that formed a corona around him. Hopeful David, trying to make a good impression and considering himself to be failing in that enterprise.

Villiers' cane beckoned him forward. Like a skittish cat, David hesitated at first and then took the step forward, foloding himself on the chair's edge. Around and around he went in mind, to find the name Martha Villiers signifigant. It was safe. Well, as safe as it would be. His eyes darted back to the door and the ascent and their lemony-fresh scent before he answered.

"I do," Which is the first thing, David says. Going backwards, "David Regan, ma'am. Madam Herald-Seneshcal."

Another quick, darting sweep of his eyes. Another deep breath that David likely only did because the memory of it being calming remained with him. "Supplicant David Regan,of Dedicated Hunger. Mekhet and Unsworn."

Come in peace. That's a phrase. There were handshakes that did confirmed that. Romans usually liked to grasp all the way to the Elbow, David remembered. But, extra-terrestrials liked saying it. He wondered, idly, if they shook hands.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha offered what she hope was a reassuring smile and nod. Seeing his Aura made her change her posture in physical and verbal ways.

Taking care, she sat again. Smiling to David.

"A delight to meet you, Supplicant Regan." she sounded sincere. Once fully seated, she lay her cane across her lap, rubbed briskly at her false knee and smiled shyly to David.

"To make titles easier, Supplicant Regan, you may...if you wish...address me as Miss Villiers or Herald Villiers." a gentle sound to her words. Careful and gentle lest she startle David, "Or, if we speak of Covenant business, Grand Wyrm. Another form of address I answer to, you see, being Grand Wyrm Martha Villiers, Unsworn Scholar of the Sanguine Terror." she added this with obvious and sincere modesty.

"One of the first things you need to know, sir, is that I am here to help you." she decided to try to reassure. A nervous vampire could quickly, unpredictably, become a dangerous one.

She gripped at the joint of her false knee a moment and added;
    "If you wish to settle in this Domain...for I guess you have traveled far...then you will be welcome. I have a Presentation to show you, to help you get settled and then Acknowledged so you may Feed in the Communal Zone without fear of penalty." another sweet smile follows and she makes a small hand gesture to indicate the door of the meeting room before adding, "But...before that, sir, did you have any immediate questions? We needn't confine ourselves to matters of the Domain! I do enjoy to speak with people on topics that interest them!"

Taking care to now rest both her hands folded in her lap, she smiled sweetly once more to David. Watching him with her gentle and large blue eyes.

C
    Casitive

Martha Villiers' voice was sweet, even familiar. Like the accent Johan carried when he wasn't trying to blend into the 'doncha knows' of Minneapolis-St. Paul. But, David thought of the Byzantium above their heads and the lemony-sweet fragrance that permeated his present. It was almost a dream. There was a treatise on Dreams David read while at his old Chapterhouse. He didn't finish it by the time he was ordered to find his own way.

"I'm," David starts to say in response to where to start, "not very picky." There's an earnest sincerity to his words.

Looking at him, the word scruffy might come to mind. The beginnings of a receeding hairline, five o'clock shadow, and proper clothes that was just a touch askew. "I'd... like to settle into the Domain," David speaks softly, as though hearing his own voice might scare him. David took the time to mesh his fingers, staring at them and inwardly glad again that butterflies were just a memory. He wanted to mention that he wasn't a sir, like a cat isn't a tiger. But, that thought was killed quickly and with aplum. "I come from Minneapolis." A beat, "I guess it is far."

David shifts in his seat, nervously chuckling off his statement. He was not very confident to talk about his own research into the Great Work. Especially with a Scholar. Doubly so, the Grand Wyrm.

Or bringing up that he is categorized as The Star.

So, the last thing that comes to him is, paradoxically, the easiest: "My favorite film is La Jetée." Perhaps, that says something about David. A man out of time, searching, looking for something. David chances a glance up, catching the blue of Martha's eyes and dropping them back again. Tentatively, oh so tentativly, David asks "If I might know the closest cinemas? Or, maybe a video store?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha listened carefully. Her body language was such that David can be in no doubt that he has her sincere and undivided attentions.

"The Jetty?" she translates the title from the French, more for herself than anything...and with some obvious perplexity. Shaking her head and clearly puzzled she lights on that;

"The Jetty? I...I am showing my ignorance, sir, but it is not a motion picture with which I am familiar. Can you tell me more please...and while you do so, I shall jot down the addresses of several surviving video retail outlets for you." she smiles sweetly and takes from her inside blazer pocket a ballpoint pen and small reporters style notebook and begins to carefully write out the address of some game and video stores she knew of in the area.

"Well, the number of Blockbuster stores has decreased, but there is a most interesting store known as 'Records' on Broadway, just opposite the 'Tower Cafe.' They retail old long playing records and such like...along with Digital Video Discs and VHS tapes. It is, to those who know their subject matter, a true treasure trove!" she giggled merrily. "They remain open late into the evening too!"

"I am always excited to know of interesting motion pictures!" she adds as a happy coda while beginning to daintily write and listen. Resting her notebook on her knees. Attentive once more to David's words.

C
    Casitive

David is a bit like a sponge. On the edge of his seat, a quiet attentiveness that might be more to his credit than not. "Tower Café," the young Vampire repeats, "Records." The syllables are whispered more to himself, etching it into Memory Palaces that span incalculable miles. And then, then he remembers he's in the presence of a Seneschal, Herald, and Grand Wyrm and David streightens up a little, catching his slow slide into a slouch.

"La Jetée," David repeats, "Is about a future world, after the Third World War." David clears his throat, reassured by his own distress. Though, he inwardly chastises himself, on behalf of his absent sire, for his stuttering pauses and silences. "Scientists work on time-travel to send people to the past to rescue their present. After some trial and error," more code for failed experiments, "they find one who clings to a memory of his past. A memory of a woman on a pier."

David tried on a smile. But, in the end it was only a small tug on his lips.

He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Time Travel! It sounded amazing.

"Hmm...most fascinating!" she enthused quietly. She returned his smile and tried not to be too...exuberant.

"Time travel! Quite a remarkable and exciting concept! It may be a tedious and well worn question, but now you have raised the issue, sir, I wonder; which period of history would you wish to travel to...if you were given the choice?" she asked with genuine interest and seemed unhurried or impatient. Simply allowing David time to think. Perhaps, he may care to believe, even to slouch.

C
    Casitive

"It is only a half an hour," David volunteers, "the whole movie." Which, doesn't interfere much with how busy some Vampires are. Especially, someone like Martha Villiers. David shifts in his chair the way the still living do unconcsiously, unmeshing his fingers to tug on his vest. He wonders if his need to constantly tinker with himself is from his own self-consciousness. "It's done, almost like a dream. Still images like a person blinking." He wondered if he had an obcessive-memory like the Prisoner.

Is he a Prisoner?

"Oh, well," David remembers the second question. "The confluence between the Roman and Egyptian civilizations, late Ptomlomy." Well, that was easy. Is it possible to hold blood sympathy to a specific time-period? David nearly slouches in his chair again, catching himself and surripticiously glancing to Martha.

"I hope that's not too cliché," David demures quickly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread