Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Soldier Seeks Employment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    M

Freshly clothed, adequately armed and set on a mission, Sergeant Roderick Pearson ascends the steps from the subterranean court into the Avalon club which works as a mask for the secrets below. It was relatively empty when he reached the top. A few early birds (early night owls?) and the club staff worked their way around the club. If anyone gave him a second look, they didn't make it known before he was out the doors and into the city proper.

His time in the club helped Roderick prepare for his entrance into the Kindred Society of Sacramento. Dark jeans and a white button-up shirt with a black jacket over it were completed with a pair of matching shoes helped give a better impression than his last outfit. The Night, young and pleasant to be in, welcomed him to forgo a taxi and to walk the streets, letting himself familiarise with the city. With only one quick question to ensure he was on the right street, Roderick found himself before Club Ember.

True to it's name, it's lights burned softly into the night. However, the light was deceptive as it was yet unopen. The doors firmly locked. He did arrive early, intentionally to avoid interrupting when business was the heaviest, but didn't think they would keep the doors locked this early. He took a quick look around and moved to the alleyway, working his way around the building until he found an employee entrance.

Using the back of his hand, he gave the door several sharp knocks to get the attention of those inside. After waiting for a few moments, he looked around until he spotted a camera pearing in his direction. He gave it a wave and pointed to the door and then his wrist, showing that he was waiting. A few moments later, locks were released and the door opened, showing a burly man in attire that screamed 'Security'.

When he didn't speak, Roderick spoke first, "Miss Alice Brown or Miss Velma Star, please. I believe one of them was alerted to my coming arrival, my name is Roderick Pearson, Sergeant Roderick Pearson." The large security man gave him a long look before closing and locking the door, hopefully to go speak with his employer.

2. Likes Chrisie, Wod.Infant liked this post
    Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison can only describe the car ride back from Reno as, "Meh," and the overal trip did not rank much higher in her books. More than anything, Allison feels the pressing need to blow off some steam, and she figures a bar crawl is in order.

The first stop of the night is Ember, and though she does not often use the side entrace, sometimes a girl cannot help herself. Over the symphony of the city, she makes out a conversation before she even rounds the corner of the ally.

If the sound of her footsteps does not herald her presence, her soft and playful voice does the trick.

"Sup."

Allison can feel the torrent of emotions whirling around as she first lays eyes upon him. Her irrational self wants nothing more than to burst into motion to close whatever distance lay between them so she can rend him limb from limb for having the audacity of existing. The rational knows the dangers in picking a fight, especially a fight around witnesses; More importantly it knows not to give into those dark urges.

A smile flashes across Allison's face as the war rages within and subsides. She tilts her head to the side for a moment as she considers how this all changes the plans for the evening...

"I'll help you til one of them comes along..."

Allison does not skip a beat, as she comes to stop next to Roderick with her eyes glued to the door. Part of her hopes that he resists the urge to flee her presence, screaming into the night...or worse tries to eviscerate her on the spot. She finds comfort in the thought that either prospect..."Beats a road trip to Reno..."

Active - Heightened Senses | Nightlife
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

4. Likes Wod.Infant, Chrisie liked this post
    M

He had respected a response from the doorway, not coming from the alleyway. Roderick snapped around when he heard the woman approaching, instinctively checking for danger. However, when he saw who it was, time seemed to slow down. The first thing he took in was her beauty. The entire alley seemed to fall away for that time as only she existed. He took in her every move and feature and felt his own turn uglier in comparison. In his long life, he had very rarely seen such a sight that left him so weak. He couldn't resist the urge to let his eyes move up her legs and down her hair, even daring to look into those eyes.

It left him uncompared for the next passing of a moment when he felt her Beast. Her power. He knew it was bigger than he, she was stronger than him. The lust for blood was so much more than he could even desire. She could work him over and possibly not break a sweat or a nail doing it. This could just be his fear talking, but he wasn't eager to find out.

His body reacted appropriately for standing in the presence of a superior. His eyes went forward, staring straight at the door, his arms went to his sides, slightly bent at the elbow and fists in a loose ball. His heels came together as he put his shoulders back and brought in his gut. When he spoke, he made sure he was heard clearly. "Thank you, madam. I-I would be honored."

Now Roderick was stuck in a pinch. Her beauty called for him to look at her and pay her proper respect. But the Beast coming from her called for it's own respect. Leaving him trying to catch looks out of the corner of his eye while maintaining proper at attention stance.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

And eventually someone had to come from the doorway...

It was early in the night so the succubus hadn't yet started to prepare for tonight's presentation. Dressed up in jeans, snickers and with a light jacket over her shoulders she wondered who was asking for her at the side entrance, whoever he was he had managed to convince the security to come and ask for her so it was better to be careful...

Not today! The Daeva thought as she recalled the message the Herald had sent her.

She thought about changing just to meet and greet the new kindred but that would take time. Instead Velma decided to go and see if the Herald's words matched her own perception of the newcomer.

The door opened slowly as if to announce to whoever was on the other side that someone was coming their way, it was bad sneaking up on a kindred, that much Velma knew, and if this one was a former Ranger, more reasons not to.

When the succubus gets into the room she is assailed by a urge to kill and gorge in the stranger's blood... the fledgling was invading her territory. With her meek grip over her beast she has to reel hard not to give in to her cravings.

She had barely noticed the second beast in the room until her eyes fell over her... this one was familiar.

"Allison!" Her eyes open wide with surprise.

After that small moment the Daeva looks to the stranger wondering what his connection to the Harpy would be...

"Hello! I'm Velma." she offers to the stranger with a soft smile on her lips.

"Please, both of you, come inside... Velma urges them to follow her as she turns to lead them inside.

"I wasn't expecting you Allison... Martha had only told me that a "newcomer" was heading in my direction." The word newcomer clearly a substitute for a less masquerade safe term... thinking about it it was most disconcerting that she hadn't receive a prior warning regarding the Harpy.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Allison Black

Allison Black

Daeva •• | Domain • | Unaligned

BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP •••(•)
    Current Scenes

[Sac Noir]
    Vitae 4
    WP 3/4
    -Nightlife Active

+2
    SL
    PRE

Allison cannot help but smirk at his seemingly awkward comment, and she seems to perk up before Velma even comes near to open the door. Her face lights up with all the anticipation.

"Velma!" Allison squeaks out.

With her cousin's invitation, Allison follows Velma in. As she draws near to the other Daeva, Allison cannot help but tackle her with a quick hug that accompanies a soft whisper into her ear. "Missed you..."

Allison releases her embrace, and quickly makes a beeline through to the bar. She knows her way around a bit too well...
    Allison Black
    Daeva •• | Domain •• | Unaligned
    BP •• |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP 3/4

"Our eyes they cannot see..."
    "They're wasted on people just like me..."

Played by Whisper

8. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    M

For a moment, Roderick was almost ready to reconsider this idea and go see if the funeral home was still hiring. The pressure from Allison was bad enough, but then he felt Velma's and it doubled over. However, he steeled himself and accepted Velma's offer to pass through the doorway with a respectful, "Thank you." It helped that she had an air about her that made it very easy to just go along with her ideas.

Once inside and with Allison away, Roderick was able to relax enough that he could speak to Velma and play his role in the masquerade carefully. "I was a bit surprised that Martha had connections to a... gentleman's club? Though I am very thankful, it is sometimes hard for an old soldier to find employment in this market." He clears his throat, letting his apprehension about being so close to a more powerful Kindred assist in putting the right emotion in his voice and give the mortals the proper impression of the situation. "I, unfortunately, lost my credentials in a recent fire. But I can assure you that I am more than ready to take on this job."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

"I've missed you to... we must celebrate!" Velma says while her hand gently holds Allison's arm. It has definitely been a while.

"Let me just pour a drink for you as I show Mr. Roderick around!" the succubus politely adds before Allison moves to the adjoining bar to sate her thirst...

After a few footsteps they get there, no one seems to be around this soon, not even the staff. They could speak quietly and the songstress unceremoniously moves behind the counter to pour some drinks.

Casting her eyes again in the Sergeant Velma is now more intent on exploring the man's features with her own eyes.

"You were once a Sergeant right?"

Without waiting for the man's answer she lift's a bottle of Grey Goose and lines up three glasses.

"Allison?" The tone is rhetorical and soon the transparent liquid begins to fill in the small glasses...
    Velma Star*

M

Roderick took the chance to look around, familiarizing himself with the club. Although he wasn't officially hired at the moment, he had confidence. He kept a distance between himself and the two women, mostly out of instinct, up until they reached the bar where he took a seat fairly close so that he could speak in a quieter voice and not call any attention. When a glasses are filled with the drink, he took it and took a soft smell of it. "Hmm, never got a chance to try this. But I'm sure at this point in my life, it wouldn't be the same." He set the class down before answering her question.

"Formerly a Sergeant. I earned that rank before going into Afghanistan. Lead a Squad out terrorist hunting in the mountains and villages for a time before Iraqi Freedom was put into motion. Before then, I was so sure I was going to be the one to catch.. 'him'. But everyone thought that In the case of Iraq, I was on the ground even before the first missiles were being launched. Got a real jump on them." He tilts the glass in front of his around to watch the lights dance as he speaks. "Always assume the military has plans in motion before the media gets a whiff of it. And double assume that they are going to get it wrong somehow."

He looks up to Velma, a half smile on his face, "In short, yes, I was once a Sergeant."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

"Impressive." Velma answers after hearing the newcomer speaking. Her tone though was neutral and even, it was hard to place if she was truly impressed or just cautiously making conversation.

Her eyes move to look to the surroundings, the room, Club Ember's main room and stage showed all the luxury one might expect from an upscale high end strip club. Only now it was missing patrons, dancers and all the vibrant commotion that is so common in these places.

"Well Mr. Pearson, what are your expectations for this job? Anything you would prefer to be doing here at the Ember?" The succubus pauses for a moment and proceeds elaborating more.

"I mean, if I got it right you want to work here as security, and quite frankly you seem overqualified for this even if you lack the experience? But I guess we can find just what you might be looking for..."
    Velma Star*

M

Overqualified? Roderick hadn't considered that. He takes a moment to think on her questions, also looking around and taking note of the securty's activities. When he looked back to Velma, he had his answer. "I want to take up a position where I can use my training. While I was trained to kill, I was also trained to detain, disarm and takedown unarmed targets. I hear that sometimes things can get potentally dangerious in areas like this and having someone on your team with my skills can turn out to be highly advantiousus to you."

He leaned over the bar, his elbows resting on the table and his fingers interlaced as he continued. "However, I don't want to start anywhere but at the very bottom. I know how it was like for moral to have a youngster suddenly barking out orders and while I am well on in my age, I am young in experience. So, I want to avoid a similar situation here. No favortism, please.. Excusing extrinuating cercomstances, of course."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread