Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Welcome to Hangtown) In a Strange Domain

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Reyes grabs the letter from Drake and quickly opens it, holding it aloft like an ancient herald reading a proclamation. "Ah yes, the gift...Perin must have...Regardless, I am glad it was well received," the Prince mumbles, reading the letter over once more before folding it and handing it to Perin dismissively. "You're domain is exceedingly polite and as a matter of course that will be reciprocated. If you do deliver upon your promises then I shall offer you each a case of blood-wine of your choice. In celebration of the end of this threat, of course. In the meantime, I shall give you full access to the resources of my court. Speak with Mr. Dean and Ms. Maynard, they shall give you the information you desire while I consult with my Seneschal." With that Reyes turns on his heal and disappears with Perin behind one of the curtains.

Drake, Luke, and Daniel are left facing the two Kindred that had remained seated and silent at the other end of the room. On the left sits Mr. Dean, a tall, sandy haired fellow wearing snakeskin cowboy boots, jeans, and a buttoned shirt. He lounges in his chair and offers a half-hearted wave to the envoys. Ms. Maynard is a thin, dark haired woman in a trench coat. She seems absorbed in whatever is on her tablet.

Daniel remained silent, following the others through the museum, noting the antique firearms with a face like someone who really wants to shoot that gun, at least once. He glanced about from item to item in the room until he was next to introduce himself to the imposing prince, which he did. "Likewise, I am Daniel Whitfield, Carthian. I look forward to resolving this situation quickly." He says, concisely and to the point. Repeatedly, it could be noticed, that Daniel was clenching and unclenching his right hand that hung at his side. A simple, constant reminder of his nature telling him to run, and keep running from the others in the room.

What. An. Asshole. What respect Daniel had for this man was fading by the minute. Part of it was probably having to deal with this whole situation, that was understandable. Daniel couldn't even imagine what kind of panic the "prince" must be experiencing right now, and another part of him enjoyed it. What he couldn't stand was the way he was treating his own kindred, the guys who were sticking with him and actually trying to help him when he needed it. Even if it wasn't by Raven and her goons, his gut told him someone would've overthrown this guy if he acted this way normally.

After the prince had left, he shook his head slowly and turned to the others, about to speak his discontent when he decided against it. Hell, he was a Mekhet, god knows how many ears could catch an ill-spoken word. After a moment of careful thinking, he asks the good doctor and Luke "So where do you want to start?" He had a few ideas of his own, but preferred to take other's input into consideration first before doing something stupid.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Well, let's get started, I guess. Luke took a step towards the pair before them, arms outstretched. "Well, its nice to meet you two. Anything you can tell us about our target? Any changes to their behavior before their uprising began?"

Mr. Dean gives a bark of a laugh. "I guess your friend wants to start right there." He chuckles and shakes his head. "Well, I s'pose it's nice to meet you boys, too. You'll be bailing us out, after all. And there's probably lots to tell, but it'll help if your'n a bit more specific."

Ms. Maynard rolls her eyes, though it's hard to tell whether it's at the question or her counterparts attitude. Maybe both. Despite Reyes supposed appreciation of manners, it looks like the inhabitants of Placerville aren't the most polite folk.

"To answer your question,"
    Maynard begins, "there were plenty of changes to their behavior. Well, maybe not Raven's, but the rest disappeared for a few days and then, when they came back, they started acting all bat-shit. Killed a few people, one of 'em being a coroner, another a cop, and then started going after us. We learned pretty quick there wasn't any point talking to them."

OOC

m
    moreau

Dr Drake let a hiss of air out through his teeth. Police attention, as if I don't have enough on my plate already. Feeling mildly annoyed that he was the one now having to deal with this mess, he eyed the two liasions they had been given. " Could you give an estimate on the numbers that we'll be facing, and if any of them are particularly dangerous to us, also, do any of them have prefered feeding grounds or known places of residence? It will be a lot easier to sort this mess out if we can get them isolated then pick them off."

"Raven's the most dangerous, but asides from her there's...what is it now, four others?" Dean asked, looking to Maynard, who gave a nod. "Right, her and four others. From what I know someone's been nesting at Raven's place, you can usually see the lights on there in the evening, but the others are trickier. I can't get a bead on them."

Maynard gave a snort and shook her head. "They aren't tricky so much as stupid. They aren't really following any particular behaviors. They seem to be wandering around randomly and occasionally attacking or destroying something. I honestly don't know what the hell they're trying to do but I doubt they have a plan. I also don't really know where you can find them, but my sources say that there are some disturbances up at the graveyard, one of the security guards is missing, and I think some animals were killed in Benham park. Those places, plus the Sheriff's house," she continued, gesturing to Dean, "are the best places to look."

m
    moreau

After we've established ouselves, the graveyard seems a good place to start, the park has to many avenues of escape and I don't want to even think about going for the Sheriff's house until we have everthing else accounted for." Dr Drake paused, thinking something through before speaking again. " How much of this stupidity is the Beast clouding their minds, if they've truly given in at least we won't have to worry about ghouls, only just have superior numbers at the moment and few minions might tip the scales."

"Well, they haven't been using their ghouls, but I guess they still have them," Dean said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

It's been 4 days. Please PM me if y'all are super busy or have any concerns/confusion about this thread. Otherwise, plez post.

m
    moreau

Dr Drake, rolling his eyes at the silence of his two companions, stepped forward.
    "Well, I think that covers everything really, all thats left is to set up, unless anyone else has any questions? Where exactly is our base of operations, Mr. Dean."
    OOC: is there any objections to moving the scene on a little?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread