Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Welcome to Hangtown) In a Strange Domain

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Placerville, California, one of the decaying monuments of the Gold Rush. Once a town named after its fondness for the gallows it now sits as the seat of El Dorado County, a tourist trap dotted with the brick husks of a dead era. Seneschal Perin stands outside of one these brick shells, waiting for the Sacramento convoy to arrive. A large sign hanging over the door boldly proclaims "Welcome to Hangtown". Golden font on the building's door identifies it as a museum of "Illustrious Gold Rush History". It seems this is the place where the Sacramento envoys will meet what remains of the Placerville Domain. Fitting, perhaps.

Feel welcome to post your entrances and state all items of importance on your persons

m
    moreau

Dr Drake strolled towards the museum, his eternal faded suit blending into the dusty night as he walked from the where the car that was hurriedly getting clear of the wreck of a town had parked briefly, people are always inclined to do favours for the man that knew their medical licence had been faked. A leather bag holding all he'd seen fit to bring, namely, a second suit, ironed and pressed until you could shave with the creases. One of the utility boxes handed around at the briefing. Another box, filled with all the surgical equipment he could filtch from the stores, 2 bottles of ethanol disinfectant,one O- bloodpack congealing slightly in the heat, and 5 syringes, 3 with the most vicious chemotherapy drugs he could get his hands on back at Heritage Oaks, and 2 others, both with a frankly lethal level of morphine, and all blended at a 2:1 ratio with hepatitis contaminated O-. Honestly he didn't know what would happen if he stuck a kindred with one of them, but he doubted it would be pretty and would certainly be a learning experience. This wince-inducing arsenal was topped off with two pairs of stainless steel cuffs and a shiny new stun baton with some spare batteries. He nodded to seneschal Perin as he drew closer.
    "First one here, am I?"
    Equpment

"That is correct, good Doctor. There was an unusual bit of traffic on the road, but I'm sure your companions will be arriving shortly," Perin offered, nodding to Drake. He glanced at his wristwatch, his expression remaining carefully neutral.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke strolled down the street toward the meeting point, his clothing functional but rough. He has the look of a backpacker out to see the world, though his backpack is smaller than is typical. He waves to the pair in front of the building as he gets near.

"Sorry I'm late, I had trouble finding a vehicle heading this way."

Equipment

Not far behind Luke strolled the apparently unhappy figure of Daniel, meeting up with the others, he says "'Evening. Apologies for my tardiness." Finding some of the gear he wanted to grab first was a bit of the pain given the chaotic state of his Haven, but he got everything he had that he deemed necessary. He's dressed rather lightly, in running shirt, jeans, and a slightly worn pair of running shoes. Over his back is a sling style backpack filled with the stuff he had grabbed, part of him knew he was going to be unprepared for something, but that didn't excuse not being as prepared as can be. Of course, some of the stuff he grabbed he wasn't sure if there would be a use for, the box the herald handed out covered most of what he'd need aside from perhaps a weapon, and that was taken care of with the flare gun resting at the top of the pack, secretly he hoped he wouldn't have to use it. Fire is bad.

Stuffins'

"That is quite alright. A few minutes will not damage our situation overmuch. Please, follow me and I shall introduce you to what remains of my people. I'll send someone to wait for the last member of your party, but I won't wait any longer," Perin declared, nodding to the Sacramento kindred. He unlocked the museum door and strode inside, his steps purposeful. The darkness inside and the pace of their host doesn't allow the Sacramento envoys much chance to examine the artifacts on display but the shapes of stage coaches, mining carts, and a miniature gallows are unmistakable in their silhouettes. The creak of worn floorboards echoes up with their steps as Perin leads them deep into the building and finally to a staircase leading underneath the building. A collection of antique firearms, collecting dust in the gloom, hangs over the kindred as they descend into the bowels of the Hangtown museum.

They take a few more turns down dimly lit brick hallways and finally arrive at the Court of Augusto Reyes, the Prince of Placerville. The room is lushly carpeted and lit by a gas chandelier. Curtains hang over the brick walls, softening the room and embracing it's inhabitants in the attempt of decadence. Three Kindred sit at the end of the room in hand carved wooden chairs. One sits above the two others, a striking man with pale skin and dark features. His eyes gleam oddly in the lantern light and his lips peel back in a grin. He stands and the Sacramento envoys find their eyes drawn with the gravity of his presence. There is little doubt that this must be the Prince.

"Ah, Dominick, you have come bearing guests! Excellent. To what do we owe this pleasure of fresh...company?" Reyes says, chuckling slightly.

Perin clears his throat. "Your majesty, these are the envoys from Sacramento, coming to lend their..."

"This I know," Reyes suddenly shouts, interrupting the Seneschal. "I thought it would be polite for our guests to answer for themselves! That would be best, don't you think, for us to present a courteous face to those who have come to solve your incompetence...NOW THEN. Who...are you?" The prince demands, looking to the Envoys.

For Cherry

7. Likes Chrisie liked this post
    C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke takes a step forward. "Pleased to meet you, your majesty. I'm Luke Caldon, Dragon in good standing. I look forward to sinking my teeth into the renegade kindred here in Placerville."

m
    moreau

Dr Drake clasps his hands behind his back and says "Your presence honours me, your majesty. I am Dr Anthony Drake, and like Mr Caldon, I am a Member of the Ordo Dracul. I have little doubt that this matter will be resolved will all due haste." Pausing momentarily, he said "I apologise for our leader's lateness, she must be detained eslewhere."

"Sink your teeth into them?" The prince hisses, stepping forward. "I hope you speak metaphorically for I shall not tolerate diablerie in my Domain." His eyes narrow dangerously, but after a tense moment he smiles. "At least your manners are sufficient. I do hope that you solve this matter in due haste for if you do not then our most powerful defense will disappear like mist in the morning sun. I usually do not abide by Dragons. Things with scales are not to be trusted, but I do know that if there is one thing that your ilk is good at, it's keeping secrets." Reyes hisses the last word with surprising vehemence but then, once again, his face falls into a pantomime smile.

"You will protect our most important secret, won't you? You do realize that others besides you Dragons are worthy of secrets, don't you?

OOC

m
    moreau

"Our silence is assured, your majesty, if any should break it, they can look forward to a long stint as a lab rat of mine, and I can assure you that Final Death would be a picnic compared to that. " Dr Drake said impassivly, hiding his suprise at the Prince's occilating emotions. Begining to see how serious the whole issue was if it reduced the most powerful kindred in Placerville to this. Pulling a creased letter out of his suits breast pocket he offered it to the Prince. "Our letter of credence, your majesty."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread