THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

It was quiet, down below. The darkness was a blissful mercy, made more exquisite by the pools of ruddy light emitted by cheap lanterns and guttering torches. The walls that pressed in on all sides were a comfort, like the enfolding arms of a parent or a lover, filled with strength and love. Even the constant drip of water was bliss: the liquid was soothing and Gorgon's vitae-cursed skin barely registered the incessant plop as it fell on his face.

He lay curled up in surplus blankets, purloined from the Presidio, in an alcove niche constructed by his own hands. The San Francisco necropolis was still very new: its twisting tunnels were not yet joined, and the Clan had not delved deep. Gorgon still fell into day sleep at the appointed hour (as he had discovered, carving this very niche, and when he had awoken he was still standing upright with his pick in his dead hand) but he found it easier to slide into a trance-like state, half awake yet half slumbering. Once, he fancied, he had dreamed...

This time he was roused with tentative roughness. Chang, childe of Tobias, leaned precariously over him, gnarled hands on his shoulder. There was a look of concern and confusion in his pallid, Asiatic face.

"I've been digging where you said," he drawled. "Something's up ahead. I hears things..."

Dennis

D
    Dennis

"There shouldn't be anything down here. The rats haven't even had time to migrate yet."

He stealthily proceeds ahead crowbar in hand, just in case, to check out whatever Tobias thinks he heard.

(sorry about the tardiness of getting going on this - been picking up extra hours at work and helping a friend with her house - being new and unsure
    of how this all works I wanted a block of time to make sure I could navigate the site and compose whatever I needed to with a proper frame of mind)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Chang led Gorgon down dim, half finished passages and ducked down into one in an even more parlous state. Narrow and twisting, this passage grew from a corner niche, to stretch and seek out an isolated section of tunnels acquired by another of the Clan. The need for unity outweighed the need for safety at present. Gorgon knew that must soon change. Once this tunnel had been completed.

"Here," Chang whispered sharply when the reached the blind end of the tunnel.

The area was poorly secured with a few supports of warped wood. Debris littered the rude, uneven, floor. A single, dented, paraffin lamp cast light into the dusty air. Chang shuffled out of the way as best he could in the cramped space, his face curious to see what Gorgon would do.

D
    Dennis

Gorgon stopped (examining the supports and the surrounding stone looking to make sure it was sound) then let his senses get a feel for his surroundings
    (the smell, pressure of the air, the sound of silence) and then all of a sudden quickly tapped the ceilings and walls in quick succession while just as quickly
    stepping back to see if the falling dust would reveal anything (crowbar in hand ready for anything unexpected).

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Please roll [Wits + Science + 1 (for Engineering specialty)]

D
    Dennis

I think I did it wrong but I rolled a 1 anyway so its an auto-failure.

D
    Dennis

OK got it - the number of dice actually matters.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-10-19 01:19:54 The Gorgon rolls 9 to [Wits + Science + 1 (for Engineering specialty)] (note - test) (10 Again) 5, 10, 2, 7, 1, 9, 5, 2, 7, 4 2 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

As far as Gorgon can tell, everything is as it should be. Watching the dust settle, he does form the opinion that the tunnel could be heading into less stable ground if it carries on for much longer. The knowledge dawns slowly, a mix of gut, intuition and training. He'd need to make some further investigations before he could conclusively say what is going on, but he thinks there might be another tunnel close by.

D
    Dennis

Once Gorgon feels 'relatively' secure that there shouldn't be any surprises Gorgon then lays down with one open palm and his ear to the ground (repeating
    the procedure if necessary to each wall) to see if he can hear/feel vibrations thru the earth that will provide some insight.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Can you please roll [Composure + Science + Engineering speciality]

ooc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread