s
    something random

2009-09-30 14:09:24
    Dave rolls 2 to Wits+Stealth (10 Again)
    5, 3
    failure

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Spotting Dave, his nervousness turns to fear. He breaks into a run, trying to get around Alex. A few passersby turn at the commotion to watch.

Alex can attempt either to trip the kid (contested dex+ath roll) or to grab him (str+brawl-2).

Grapple

Thinking quickly as the kid makes a break for it, Alex yells "Pickpocket!" and lunges for him, managing to grab the teenager's arm and torso in a quick and sloppy bearhug. As Alex grapples the boy, catching him as he tries to dart past, the two stumble a bit as Alex breaks the youth's budding momentum.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

caught!

The kid struggles ineffectually against Alex's grasp. "Let me go! What do you want with me?"

"We need to talk," Alex begins. "But not out here. Will you walk with me, or do we have to make this difficult?"

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Signs of an internal struggle play across the boy's face for several seconds. Finally, he responds. "I don't have much choice now, do I? I'll walk with you, if you let me go."

"Of course," Alex replies. Letting the youth go, he puts both hands in his pockets and walks slowly back towards Dave and the Alley. "This might sound a bit odd, but have you been feeling your usual self of late?"

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

The boy looks at Alex as if he's grown a third eye. "After what you just pulled, do you really expect me to just open up to you?" He occasionally throws a nervous glance toward the alley.

"Actually, yes."

Alex walks with the youth. "Whether you choose to believe me or not is up to you, but concern over possible recent changes in your health, behaviors, or ways of thinking are what prompted this in the first place. Suffice to say, there are different clues that a change in... condition... might have occurred. Some clues can only be picked up on if you're... properly qualified. And that brings me to you."

Alex glances down at the boy, but continues to walk.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

The youth stops walking. "Sorry, I don't believe in strangers just stopping by to enquire about my health. Especially when you have a man waiting in the alley."

Page 3 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last