Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

A load snap can be heard as Daniel closes the book and quickly stands up. He walks up to the group and looks Cord in the eyes:

"The world changes, as do the spirits, true. But the reasons for our duty still exist, our values still exist and Luna watches over us. The Herd doesn't only violate and destroy, it creates new spirits in Hisil and beautiful things in the material world. Do you really see only meaningless destruction or think that our position has become worse since we killed Father Wolf and became feared and ostracised both by the Herd and the Spirits?"

T
    Thibodaux

Cord is not the kind of wolf who backs down, So standing firmly as Daniel approaches and meeting his gaze he gets a large smile on his face, then he looks at Firebringer and the rest, obviously choosing his words carefully for the next part of this dangerous conversation.

"You ask if there is anything sacred in this heart of mine, I ask in turn that if territory is your only real investment in this?"

Cord pulls out a small notebook, "Let me read something to you that really hit home for me, its by this guy named Edward Abbey, Something like a shadow has fallen between present and past, an abyss wide as war that cannot be bridged by any tangible connection, so that memory is undermined and the image of our beginnings is betrayed, dissolved, rendered not mythical but illusory. We have connived in the murder of our own origins." He lets it sink in a moment, and then continues.

"How much is sacred ground worth when the hearts of the people are scattered and broken, How much is your territory worth when every night your demons keep you from opening up a meaningful relationship with the person next you. How much can your sacred ground keep your PTSD in check?" Cord looks around at everyone for a moment, "Understand, I am in this to win it, but instead of sacred territory, I choose that these people that stand with you are sacred. I am willing to mend the heart, challenge the mind, and test the body to ensure that we can continue with enough passion to protect your sacred lands."

Cord smiles slightly and waits...

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas draws near after yet another silent patrol: in a territory this small, the Irraka has begun to wonder if he should just invite his bird friend in and just camp the site. On this night, the Menina had been hoping to find a little peace and silence to quiet his stormy emotions. Instead he finds People.

"Huh? Hey there. Wus happenin'?" The Irraka drawled. Somewhere along the way, he took the time to dip his head to the gathered company (his nod being especially low and respectful toward Firebringer). Whether or not he had heard much of the conversation was hard to say, between his furrowed brow, surly eyes and overblown pout.

Firebringer

PRE

A low snarl, as the Meninna's gaze bores into Cord. "Tread lightly. You make assumptions and act, without testing soundness. A dangerous habit, especially when you choose to lecture your elders as if we were mere pups. Territory means many different things. The Anshega will burn not because of the harm they did to the land, but for the lives they destroyed and the packs they tore asunder. Don't ever think you were the first of us to grasp that distinction."

5. Likes Key liked this post

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

"So you don't care if your den is pillaged? What things you have destroyed?" Jeremiah asks back to the Blood Talon. Wondering just where exactly his perception of sacred and not reaches a limit.

"Would you allow your home to be invaded if it meant sure victory? Sacrifice everything but yourself and your pack?"

T
    Thibodaux

Cord thinks about the line of questions a moment, "Firebringer, if I am disrespectful, I beg forgiveness my line of questions are not to lecture or disrespect you of any of the other elders. I mostly question to understand you and those around me, since I am the newest of the wolves to come calling to your home." Cord smiles, "Mostly I need to look for a pack in the future and I need to know personally where I will be most effective."

Cord hums slightly, narrowing his eyes for a moment thinking about how to respond further but decides to speak to Jeremiah, "Jeremiah, I would not care or seek vendetta if my den, if I established one were pillaged. I would also not wish to list the things I have destroyed in my life, I don't honestly feel its necessary to take inventory of the destruction and blood that these hands have taken place in." cord gets a low resolute tone in his voice, and a serious look in his eyes, "I would absolutely let my home be destroyed if victory could be ensure. Sacrifice is not a flimsy shell that we hold on our backs and hope we never have to carry the burden, sacrifice is everything you and I are. Without the willingness to sacrifice ourselves how can we ensure victory against a force stronger, and more numerous than ours?"

Cord pauses a moment, "The question to you is, do you believe in sacrifice?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (Timid), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

Daniel visibly winces at Cord's words, but keeps silent. The Urdraga around him are of much higher Renown and it is their place to educate, not his.

So he swallows the arrogance that he hears in the other wolf's voice and waits for Firebringer to reply.

Firebringer

PRE

Firebringer snorts, despite the awkwardness of the reaction in Hishu. "I've lost everything to the Pure, yet still I fight. Do you think I do not understand sacrifice? Yet you seem convinced it is always the correct course. It's not. One does not throw away one's best sword in pursuit of a single opponent, lest the next find one defenseless. If you would throw away all that anchors you, every reminder of who you are, then you have given up that which separates us from our enemy. Do not fall down that path!" Eyes continue boring into Cord, weighing, challenging.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

Aeneas struggled to follow the conversation till the talk shifted to "sacrifice". He found himself grunting in agreement with Firebringer. "Big Doug - he say the same thang..." he muttered, more to himself than anyone else.

T
    Thibodaux

Cord laughs slightly as he lowers his head, his demeanor relaxes and he smiles brightly looking back up at the assembled group,[COLOR="#DAA520"] "A old wise man once told me "If I lose my sword, I still have my claws; If I lose my claws, I still have my teeth; If I lose my teeth, I still have my mind; If I lose my mind, I still have my spirit, but If I lose my spirit I have lost everything." Thank you for reminding me of that old bastard, it has been a long time since I thought about him and you are right, sacrifice should be remembered but should always be the last option before you give up."

Cord reaches down into his well-used back pack and pulls out a tarnished and beaten flask. "I don't have much left but would you all share a drink with me?" He hands the flask to Firebringer first as a sign of respect.

OOC: Flask has about 3 drinks left, so pass it along!

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last