1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

It's Just Lunch

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Tracey and Peter continue their walk back to the office, having celebrated a recent client payoff with absolute luxury: Subway sandwiches. They are still several blocks from the office, as thats the problem with cheap rates... its far from everything.

Please make Wits+Composure rolls, and otherwise, feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

Moon phase is Crescent.
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

2 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-07 13:31:24 Peter Morgan rolls 5 to Wits (3) + Composure (2) (10 Again) 8, 4, 3, 1, 9 2 successes

Peter happily took a bite out of his sandwich, careful not to get any crumbs on his clothes as he walks with Tracey. So far the move to Sacramento had been a welcome change of pace. He wolfed down a bit more of his meal before turning to his colleague.

"It's good to finally have a moment where the only pressing concerns are court issues. I'm almost happy to have lawyers breathing down my neck about case studies and reports instead of..." He shrugs. "You know how it is. What about you? Or is all the paperwork too much?" The People were hunters and warriors by nature, not pencil-pushers. Sometimes the monotony of reading through case reports could get to Peter and he expected the same applied even more so to his Rahu companion.

Morello walked next to Peter, carrying her sandwich, along with a cookie, in a plastic subway bag that swung lightly in time with her stride. She was enjoying the brief walk. Her thoughts always flowed better when she was in motion and being able to see the sky and the sun and feel the air move around her was it's own pleasure. Precious few people realized what they sacrificed by sitting inside for most of the day.

When her companion spoke she shrugged and turned to him. "Overall I don't mind it. Paperwork can be time consuming but it's all stuff that I know, things that I've studied and read about. On the other hand, it can be easy to lose sight of the impact I'm making... Everything has its positives and its negatives," she replied tranquilly.

"I am glad to hear you're enjoying the labyrinth of the law, though," Morello finished, offering Peter a smile.

5 successes

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Peter notices how they never seem to need to move out of the way, as other people insinctly seem to make a hole for the two of them as they continue their walk back to the office. On the one hand, it is a handy trick, but other times its quite annoying.

Morello notices though that there is a woman walking in the distance who seems to have her own hole that she moves through. She is slowly walking towards the group.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Peter chuckles a little at his friend's response. "Well, 'enjoying' is a bit of a strong word for it. I'd say it's more that I'm tolerating it. But, I agree with you. Actions and reactions and all that. It's an easy thing to forget when you spend most of your time swamped in papers."

Strangely enough, there seemed to be less foot-traffic than usual. Not that he minded not having to navigate large crowds of people, but Peter found it somewhat strange that people were giving the two of them such distance. It didn't bother him enough to warrant a comment however and he simply went back to eating his sandwich. At this rate, he'd probably finish eating lunch before they even got back to the office.

He started to talk to his companion, realized his mouth was full, swallowed, then tried again. "So, I've been meaning to ask you... have you met anyone interesting since coming here?" 'Interesting' wasn't the most descriptive of terms, but he was fairly certain Tracey knew what he meant by it.

"Tolerating's not so good, you know. We'll have to work on moving you towards acceptance before you start to burn out," she joked back, determined not to let him off the hook too easily. He was a lawyer, after all. Semantics were his stock and trade.

"And no, I haven't met anyone interesting. I've had my nose pretty close to the grindstone, lately. Haven't even given my sister a call yet," she sighed, misinterpreting his comment, though just for a moment. The odd traffic patterns around them jogged her back from the brink of reflection, and when she caught sight of the woman walking towards them she realized what he had meant. "Oh, that kind of interesting. Well, we might meet someone 'interesting' pretty soon," she said, trying to point out the woman stalking towards them.

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

Now that they are approaching, Tracey can make out more of the woman who is approaching them. She is dirty, looking like a street rat with tattered clothes and a knapsack filled with the bare basics - it's clear she's been traveling on foot for some time. She's wary of her surroundings, but isn't making an effort to conceal herself.
    She hasn't yet noticed Tracey or Peter yet.

D
    DamoclesImpaled

Peter nodded his head and looked at where Tracey had pointed from the corner of his eye. He only made out a vague shape, but he could make out a single person who seemed to be as repulsive to crowds as the two Wolves were. "Don't draw attention." He whispered. "If they get closer, then we can deal with it. For now, just keep an eye out." What ever the reason was that they were being followed, Peter was fairly certain that you weren't supposed to let the person following you know that you noticed them following you. Who knows? Maybe it has nothing to do with us.

Trying to believe himself, something not easily done, he tried to change the subject. "So... what did you think I had meant when I said 'interesting', hmm?" He hadn't tried very hard to suppress his smile.

"I'd rather talk about it later," the Rahu replied automatically, her stride slowing. She took a deep breath and brought her attention to the immediate physical moment, noting the sounds of the people trooping past them, the cars rolling down the street, the feel of her clothing and the direction the wind was blowing. From this acknowledgement of the moment she began to find her center and from her center she would be ready for whatever was coming at them down the sidewalk. Once the moment was past she would be gladly chat, but for now her awareness was needed.

C
    Cathulhu

For all her effort to keep a watchful eye on the events around her, Jamie had completely missed the pair ahead, and so she continued her shamble forward, a smirk on her lips as the crowd seemed to make way for her entrance - whether it was from her hoodlum looks, or something more innate, she didn't know, but it was one less pain in the ass she had to deal with.

All she needed now was a warm bed, a bathe to wash off the grime, and a little luck that she hadn't trespassed on some trigger-happy pack's land.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last