Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Skulls and Bones) ABM Part I

Martha Villiers

PRE

"I'm not saying it's gonna be safe...I'm just saying it pays well..." he grunted as his powerful right blow drove the 65 lbs of solid punchbag back half a foot.

Fearing the clatter of a dozen weights and pulleys in motion had drowned out his grunted words, he repeated himself.

"...It'll pay well. I tell you, these guys are loaded!"

Deep into their long training session, he wiped the sweat away with the back of his strapped up hand; 'Muay Thai Ed' smiled at his training friend @James Petrovich to see what he had to say about this sudden job offer.

also tags Kelreth too

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

James looks from the punching bag to Ed with a grin. "Loaded is good." He steps to stand in front of the bag himself and takes a few quick punches before doing his best to push his right fist through the bag.

"Know anything about what the job is or is it just show up and listen to whoever has the money?" Money is good, connections better. Have to start somewhere though.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Nodding his approval at James' sudden aggression towards the punchbag, Ed smiles;

"Some rich kids looking for a bodyguard or two. From what I hear they're living the high life and...well...you know how people get when they got everything..." he nods to James.

"I got a meeting set up with two of 'em. Wednesday night at their office."

Ed beams a smile to his old friend;

"I did some recce on the place. Didn't want us to walk into no dumb-ass ambush. They got a whole fleet o' Lambo's in their parking!"

He sounded duly amazed...perhaps not impressed, but certainly amazed.

"I reckon yer right. Show up. Nod and smile and take the money!" he laughs happily, clearly glad his friend's in with the plan.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"Fleet of lambos?" James throws his friend an incredulous look. Another punch is lofted at the bag, James is clearly distracted however.

"Glad you checked the place out." He steps back from the bag and gives it a quick kick. "So just bodyguard work? They say for what?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Ed nods and takes his turn at slamming powerful blows at the punch bag.

"Ah...terrorists? Maybe the IRS. Who knows? Don't take much to get people with money scared. I guess we'll find out at the meet and greet; try an' figure out if they really need a bodyguard...or maybe it's just easy money..."

Ed lays rapid flurry of rabbit punches down then steps aside to let James take his turn at the bag.

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

James laughs as Ed goes over a list of bullshit. What's a bodyguard going to do the to IRS? Stare them? Ha.

"Ah whatever works man. Work and money are both good. Keeps me occupied and gives me time for other things." He steps in and throws a solid left. "Heh better every day" Stepping back he delivers a solid front kick to what would be a person's knee.

Martha Villiers

PRE

...and with the thump and thud of limbs on punch bags we can happily close this part of their encounter and move to the meeting! Many thanks, James!

Closed Thread