THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Another night. A fog drifts over the smokey lamps and torches of the Barbary Coast. Tonight the noises of the night time adventurers is muffled and subdued. Music clangs and dangles from the saloon across the street, rather than riotous brawl of fisticuff and gun. A dejected strumpet hangs from an upper story window, smoking a cigarillo. Three shifty looking fellows prowl, but they ignore Luna as she draws near Edmundo's establishment: they trail a thick set man who ambles, zig-zagging, humming to himself.

Luna enters the store to the chiming of a bell. A chinaman stands guard at the door, lithe of frame with a big hat pulled low, displaying a simple and well made belt with holstered revolvers at either hip. Unlike the last time, there is no nod of recognition from the gunslinger, only an easing of tension as they slowly return to their seat.

On this night, Edmundo is in the process of cleaning. He stands behind the counter dressed in a gorgeous raiment that would have been in vogue a decade before. With curt gesture and the exasperated pulling of side burns, he commands a pasty, hunch backed fellow who lumbers with exaggerated care, through the shelves.

"Why! Hello there!" Edmundo exclaims with evident relief.

"Er... Hello? Mister Edmundo, sir?" The hunch back stops, sounds suspicious.

"Not you! Legume! A customer has arrived!"

B
    Beej

The holster hangs low on her hip, the gun resting on her right thigh. On Luna's left shoulder is the unlocked chest, her right hand swings gently as she walks never too far from the handle of the revolver. The Wolf growls at the three men lurking after the drunk man. It wanted to spite their hunt, ruin whatever they had planned. After all if It couldn't have the prize, why should anyone else.

Luna whistles happily, a little spring her her step. The night prior she had come upon a most fun Spaniard with a delightful hat she just had to relieve the man of after she relieved of quite a bit of his tension and several mouthfuls of the delicious yummy. His poncho was very nice as well so that had to leave with the hat too. It was a quite a fair trade in her book. The man got to brag of bedding a fiery American and keep his life in exchange for few items of clothing and blood.

Arriving at Edmundo's she pushes open the door. CHING-A-LING! Stepping through her head swivels toward at the doorman and gives him a tiny nod when he relaxes and then heads toward the rear of the store. She eyes the hunchback but doesn't see Brandi. Must not be here yet. she muses as she walks up to the counter. Bending over she puts down the hefty trunk with a healthy THUD. Taking off her snazzy hat she puts it on the counter and runs her left hand through her now cascading long hair and pushing it back behind her left ear. "Evening Mr. Edmundo. You have the translator?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Edmundo poses himself and with the care of a showman, rakes his left hand through his hair. There is a gleam in his eye, as he smoothly retrieves a dog eared notebook from his coat. "Indeed I do, miss." The pawn broker's eyes are fixed on the chest for a moment. "Shall we begin? I could either take them away for a more rigorous appraisal, or a could take a look now, under your supervision, and give you some... rough... numbers." As he speaks, he draws a pince-nez from another pocket and artfully applies them to his nose.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-05 03:33:09 Edmundo does stuff rolls 7 to Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 6, 10, 10, 10, 4, 5, 3, 10, 5, 2, 7 4 successes

B
    Beej

She wasn't really of the mind of taking stuff away. But he does have a regular business and I can always kick the door in. But there is doorman with the 2 guns. But then again, I can just through him through the wall before he knows I'm there. How sturdy are the walls? "Rough...numbers?" she grins a little flirtatiously.

2suxx playful flirty
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-05 04:02:48 Luna rolls 5 to Pres+Pers (Flirty) (10 Again) 8, 2, 3, 5, 10, 1 2 successes

She bends down and opens the chest. The animal skull is first onto the counter, followed by the pot. Did I take the meat out of it? Good question. Yep. She quickly looks inside. Then she pulls up the wood slit scroll and flattened pages. Wait why did I bring the skull..damn realizing her mistakes she frowns and puts it back in the chest. Rooting around she finds the metal pointer thing and puts it on the counter last. "So..what do I have? And what does it all say?" she leans on the counter.

The bell chimed once again as Brandi entered the shop. This night she was not dressed as a women of the evening on display, but it could be argued that she cut a more memorable figure. She wore a split skirt that fell to mid-calf, a pair of sturdy boots, a high collard shirt, and a simple brimmed hat, which by themselves wouldn't be out of the ordinary except for the fact that Brandi's entire outfit was black. Even the satchel that hung heavily across her body was black.

She nodded to the gunman by the door and then approached the counter, flashing a contrastingly bright smile at Edmundo and Luna. "Well good evening to you both. I apologize if I'm a bit late, but don't let me interrupt you now."

OOC

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Edmundo watches as the chest is opened and Luna lays out its contents. A look of curiosity colours his face as he fixes on the skull but it dissipates once his gaze alights on the documents and the jar. He is already handling the artefacts when Brandi arrives; the old dandy shifts his posture to pose, holding the rod in both hands just so for the newcomers benefit. The pawn broker retains the presence of mind - and deftness of social subtly - to continue with his work.

He works slowly and with care, consulting his notebook regularly, turning each artefact over in his hands. Grunting and sighing, he makes his way through the artefacts, ending with much head scratching and a look of puzzlement when he concludes his assessment of the pot.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-06 04:45:30 Edmundo does stuff rolls 7 to 4 (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 4, 8, 7, 4, 9, 7 3 successes

"Very interesting. Unusual finds. Most of the documents appear to be some very well kept family records. Useful, no doubt, to a collector but not much to anyone else. Then you have some sort of magic books," he taps the wooden scroll and the torn vellum. "The pot and the rod are really interesting. I'd really like to know where you got them... they're like nothing I've ever seen before... the rod is some sort of badge of office, I can tell that much - but the characters are old. Very old. And there are other glyphs that I can't read. Same goes for the pot - its some kind of pottery. The chinese is... different to the rod. But those other glyphs are the same.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-06 04:59:09 Edmundo does something else rolls 6 to 6 (10 Again) 8, 8, 2, 2, 8, 6 3 successes

He leans on the counter with a calm, expressive air, waiting for a response from Luna.

B
    Beej

The bells chime and Luna looks over her shoulder and the muscles in her back work as the Wolf rises up and snares at the woman. "Hello." and nods to the other Walker before turning her attention back to Edmundo. She watchs intently as he looks over the items. After he is done she is certainly more interested in what it all really was. Magic books...hmmmm.

"Magic books, sounds interesting." She looks down at wood scroll. "What sort of magic?"

At the question where she came by the goods, Luna shrugs non-committally. "Compensation for work rendered. Where he got it, I can only assume China." Luna replies in a manner that she clearly wanted to keep where she got rare and possibly expensive items to herself and her pocket book. It was not entirely inaccurate answer though. She avenged the old couple's death and in return she got the chest of goods. All completely, not really legal. "Do you know who could translate the..glyths and all that? Sounds like it we could auction it for more if we knew what exactly it was." Now the question was was we referring to Luna and Brandi or Luna and Edmundo? It would all depend who could get her the most.

4suxx Lies like a boss!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-09-06 13:53:19 Luna rolls 5 to Man+Sub (10 Again, WillPower) 2, 9, 9, 8, 10, 1 4 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Edmundo dragged his eyes off Brandi and back to the business transaction at hand.

"Necromancy, of a sort." Edmundo said with a mysterious air. "Rituals to summon, bind, and ward against angry spirits. Must be a text from a far region of China; some very unusual idioms." He leaned closer, conspiratorially. "I know of some men in town who would be very interested, if you are looking to sell..."

B
    Beej

"Really...." Now isn't this interesting. "What sort of spirits? Spirits of men? Or spirits..of the world? Animal, plants, water...." The fact that these had fallen into her hands could not be chance. Perhaps the Left-Handed had guided her sets to that slum? The Gangrel's attention was now keenly focuses and the expression on Luna's face went from playful business to almost the express of a child sitting at a campfire listening to stories.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Spirits of men. Ancestor spirits and the like. Them Chinese are very, very big on their ancestors." Edmundo added sagely.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread