Ended
Watch

Summer Night (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke's eyes had a hunger too them. Not for blood, but for the knowledge his seniors possessed. Let's see if I can get them interested. "Well, I have a theory regarding the flow of vitae through the body, if you're interested. As I see it, while kindred bodies are clearly dead, but life can be imitated by forcing blood to the surface, it seems like an inefficient process. If we could learn to control our now redundant organs - primarily our heart - then it might be possible to maintain the blush of life through the flow of vitae rather than it's expenditure. The Coil of Souls already allows for similar techniques regarding facial tics and body language, and my theory follows the same principle."

B
    Beej

Racula's head dips slightly as he runs his hand fingers through his beard, pondering the question posed by Drake. He does not move his head but does shift his eyes in Caldon's direction at his proposed idea.

"The matter of..biology I would defer to Dr. Drake to correct any mistakes I might have in regards to it. The heart pumps to much more than just skin; bone marrow, muscles, organs and yes skin." His eyes flick to Drake for confirmation or correction. "It would seem to me that you would not need to just control the heart but the entire...vascular system?" he tests the word, not sure it is correct. "To make sure you were not pumping vitae to areas that did not require it. We do push vitae to other parts of our body yes, such as with Vigor we augment out muscles to increase our physical strength." It was not that he was opposed to the theory, it just was a matter that it delved into an area of biology that he did not have a great deal of mastery and was interested to hear Drake's take on it.

"As to your question Doctor I am not sure how you achieved Chastisement of the Beast but, for me the only part the blood played in it was what I spent to wake at dusk. My mind chackled the beast, not any vitae. That would be akine to saying that can masters yoga because of steak."

m
    moreau

Dr Drake thinned his lips, hearing Luke go on with his peudoscientific babble was getting a little annoying, you'd think that someone with hard science at the core of their argument would have bothered to do a little reaserch. " Where do you think our mind is, Brother. I can quite happily demonstrate with the aid of a handgun that its not in our brain. And forgive me, but when the cyrsilis is entered, the changes me make are clearly physical, as our mind is clearly no longer connected to our physical shell. I have had the dubious privilige of seeing what happens when the crysilis is unsucessful, the mind is gone, and what remains should be sent to join it in oblivion. And Mr. Caldon, how exactly do you propose we acomplish this..." Dr Drake took off his glasses and polished them with his tie while muttering under his breath. "Even I would struggle to conciously sustain bloodflow to all the major points of the vascular system and do anything else at the time. Do you understand complex that really is? The only reason I could maybe do it is my frankly obscenely good memory, if you can visulise a complete anotomical model of a functioning human body and enforce your own body to conform to it, and do that for every waking moment, then you may get some improvement, may being the important word."

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke scratched his chin. The blood as the vessel of our consciousness? It cold be worth looking into, but the supernatural nature of our condition makes the soul just as likely a resting place. "My theory is untested for a reason. I haven't had the time to devote to such an endeavor. I do believe it to be possible, however. Tasks become easier with experience and repetition. Once a kindred has learned to use their heart to pump vitae through their major arteries, then more of the vascular system could be unlocked. Death hasn't stopped us from using our eyes and ears, because they are still necessary for us, but it takes effort to appear truly alive because of our lack of practice. It might never become as easy as it was when we performed this task subconsciously, but a vampiric mind has time to learn. There are techniques to perfect memory, spot interference in our mental processes, and create fake thoughts to cover our real ones. Surely something such as this could be developed as well?"

B
    Beej

"What of spirit projection? The ability of Auspex to project one's consciousness out of the body and wander about the world? Of course one is still anchored to one's body but when one is projected, they have no preceptoin of the world around their body unless they are within visual range of themself." Teo cocked his head at Drake. "And what of the Dragulesco? There are those amongst them that no longer carry vitae at all in them but ectoplasim. Or the Protean ability to merge with solid matter? The vitae and body partial shifts to...nother physical realm of existence?"

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.