Ended
Watch

Summer Night (Open)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke thinks for a moment a glimmer in his eye. "It's an integral part of what we are, it fuels us, it is the source of our power. But beyond the textbook answers that any vampire could provide, I believe it to be a dark panacea. It is a part of our curse, yet it's effects seem miraculous. I believe that vitae holds secrets that would give great power to one who learned to wield them."

B
    Beej

Racula listens intently to the the man's answer.

"I would say better description would be the blood is the..vehicle of our power. It is the arcane energy within the blood that is what fuels us. We know this in part because there are those among us who can sustain themselves off the essence of non-psychical entities such as spirits." It was something that Teo would dearly like to witness but had only ever read about. Such a practice spoke volumes about the true nature of the kindred. "And can we not alter blood with fontal rituals? Pouring in ley-line energies into blood to enhance it's qualities? Blood is common conductor of..life sustaining energy. We see it in the animal and plant worlds. As we ourselves are part of the material world, we require blood as well. Blood Alchemy is another aspect of the Great Work, we are taking part of ourselves and unlocking base element and moving it in new direction."

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke nods thoughtfully. "There is much documented on using alchemy to alter the effects of our vitae, but personally, it seems like using it to scrutinize vitae itself could be a path to understanding. The powers of vampiric vitae are for more than is present in the blood before we drink it, and understanding the method by which it gains it's miraculous qualities could be key to the great work."

B
    Beej

"I would disagree. I believe.....crude oil. Crude oil is good analogy. It is packed with energy. However once filtered into gasoline, the power is more efficiently tapped. Because the strogoi is closer to the metaphysical realm we are more..closer to that metaphysical energy within the blood." Talk of vitae and such jazz was archaic labels for things that most did not understand and served only to justify the stagnant culture and mentality of hte Kindred. "But you are correct, examining vitae is the thing, so to speak. It that form is more refined and easier to examine. Learning how it is refined by our bodies and how to improve it's excretion would be great step."

C
    Crafty Cultist

"Refinement, rather than enhancement? That certainly is a possibility." Luke closes his eyes for a moment, focusing himself. "I'd like to hear any other theories you have on the blood, Castellan."

B
    Beej

"The Coils of the Blood are just that, refining process. We change our bodies so we can process and extract more energy, for longer, out of blood. As with spoiling and the blood solutions, it is taking that power and using it to exert our will over the material world."

My quite demanding, aren't we?

"If I may, I am curious. You call it dark panacea. Why did you do that?" Teo asked, changing the subject.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke blinked. "Well alchemists have long sought the grand panacea, a powerful medicine said to cure all ills and provide everlasting life. When you see the effect that vitae has on ghouls, the similarities are quite apparent."

B
    Beej

"Dark. You used the term Dark. Why did you use that?" Teo clarifies.

m
    moreau

In a concealed nook in the library, a dusty Dr Drake worked through a pile of thick tomes, a stopwatch ticking next to him. next to him was a briefcase holding two drained bloodpacks, he wasn't going to let anything like thirst drag him away while he was this close, so near to understanding... But then the stopwatch buzzed. 22:30:00 it read, the time he had limited himself to studying. He knew what social deprivement would do to him eventually. He had seen it in his sire, and in what he had managed to dredge up about the last master of Amber Hills. Morotrophians alwayse ended up shuting themselves away, he remembered hearing from his sire about the Abbots who would not leave their monastaries even when they were crumbling ruins, he would not let that happen to him. He stood up, stiff limbs protesting and walked out from the stacks. He Heard faint music coming from the veranda, so headed over, curious as to who was out there.
    He opened the door and found Brother Raluca and an apparant new arrival to the order talking. Not wanting to interupt he leaned against the wall and closed his eyes, letting his mind drift back into the warm embrace of the chapterhouse. They would say something if they noticed him.

C
    Crafty Cultist

Luke shrugged slightly. "The cost associated with our vitae mainly. I doubt that the qualities envisioned by alchemists seeking the grand panacea would have included enslavement to the undead. It could even be called an imitation, a false path designed to ensnare those who seek power."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.