Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Letter to Grand Wyrm Villiers

THREADID
    B
    Beej

A letter with the name Grand Wyrm Villiers in Racula's handwriting on the envelope is left at the chapterhouse....

Grand Wyrm Villiers,

I regret I must inform you that I have concerns regarding Supplicant Bingen's mental stability. Last evening I encountered the Supplicant in the upstairs library deep in research. I greeted her and offered advice and assistance if she wished and she accepted. After a confusing back and forth about what precisely she was attempting to research, Supplicant Bingen explained she wishes to learn how to remotely communicate with her Sire and Grand Sire through the Blood. She then briefly spoke with invisible individuals she identified as her Sire and Grandsire. I did not sense nor preceived any evidence that hinted that we were not alone in the room. The way she reacted to and interacted with these 'individuals' suggests to me that this may be a recurring event for her.

While there are certain psychic and arcane phenomena that exhibit shades of what she spoke of, and I am searching my private notes for any information I may have on the topic, I am not sure these are what she is experiencing. Her personal behavior and her clan's weakness to certain mental afflictions lead me to believe she may be suffering a mental milady. I would ask how you wish to proceed in regarding this matter. While I pray I am wrong in this assessment I feel obligated to inform you. It is far better to prepare and be wrong than to do nothing and precipitate disaster.

May the Lord Keep your Studies,
    Castellan Raluca

@Chrisie

Martha Villiers

PRE

Teo will find, by way of reply, an envelope addressed to him (sealed with the sigil of the Grand Wyrm) which contains a neatly hand written letter from Martha.

Dear Castellan Raluca,

Praemonitus praemunitus!

I am most grateful for your letter and was attentive to the contents. I do not recall witnessing a similar exhibition of behavior in Supplicant Bingen. So we must hope it is a transitory incident. Let us be charitable and consider the initial possibility that you witnessed a side-effect of some arduous study of the Coils.

However, you are correct in your thinking relating to her Clan. With this in mind, I am alert to potential threats to security and safety - be the threat to Domain, Clan, the Ordo Dracul and to Supplicant Bingen herself.

With this in mind, perhaps we may assign her some form of guardian or sentry? To spare her inconvenience and embarrassment, such a sentinel need not be obvious. Though I feel strongly that we shall be well advised to have someone, be they overt or covert, watch over her and make sure she neither imperils herself nor the wider security of the Domain by careless utterances made whilst in a state of unhappy dissociative fugue.

In this we demonstrate a purposeful and useful alliance with our fellows in a time of crisis and hope to help her overcome whatever may be inflicting, doubtless unjust, malady. With discreet and united action she may be helped to become master of her own Psyche, rather than its penitent servant.

Such solidarity is, I like to feel, a true hallmark of all our collective efforts in the study the Grand Work.

I welcome your practical insights and any suggestions you may have relating to possible security and remedial action that may alleviate her possible plight.

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Grand Wyrm Martha Villiers
    Scholar of Sanguine Terror

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

B
    Beej

A note with the name Grand Wyrm Villiers in Racula's handwriting on the envelope is left at the chapterhouse....

Grand Wyrm Villiers,

I have meditated on your letter and in the course of pondering possible courses of action, solution has presented itself. Supplicant McFarlane approached me, asking if she believed Supplicant Bingen would be amenable to joint Studies concerning properties of the blood. I stated I believed she would and encouraged Supplicant McFarlane to seek out her out. In the course of their joint work, Supplicant McFarlane will have plenty of time to observe the woman and draw independent conclusions on the state of the Supplicant. Should she witness and report behavior similar to what I have, we will know we have to have more serious discussion on the topic.

May the Lord light your path
    Castellan Raluca

Martha Villiers

PRE

A letter by way of reply is waiting for Teo' when next he checks his mail at the Chapter House...

Dear Castellan Raluca,

All of these are most excellent observations and eminently practical suggestions.

We shall, as they say in the Navy, make it so!

Veritas Nobis Lumen

Grand Wyrm Martha Villiers
    Scholar of Sanguine Terror

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.