Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Pack Mentality

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Firebringer

PRE

Firebringer eyes Samantha for a long moment before shifting to Hishu, halberd set down at his feet. "The Anshega want us dead. Hell, half the spirits probably want the same. They saw us flee the city, tails between our legs, and they probably think us an easy target, a chance for retribution against those seen as their oppressors. We need to show them, immediately, that we are just as strong, just as dangerous as ever."

Flickering eyes sweep all present, a faint growl underscoring his words. "That means showing a united front. It means marking out and protecting our land, and acting as ever to preserve the balance of flesh and spirit. And it means binding a totem, even if we have to drag it into the relationship, kicking and screaming. We are Luna's chosen. The spirits can never be allowed to doubt that."

Samantha waited and listened, most specifically because it was interesting the reactions that one simple syllable could have on a group. But regardless of their fight (or Fights) together, they were still strangers at the most part. Yes the ties of blood shed were there, in addition to their embrace by Luna-Selene, their Mother, their goddess and creator of their downfall.

She let out a sigh, although she had wished the potential pack to start talking she had hoped it wouldn’t have been like this.

But at least they were talking.

Her eyes roamed the werewolves gathered before her eyes met Firebringer’s, She held his gaze for as long as he did, a silent point in her own mind towards the Predator.

I did not say for us to make a target of ourselves, only that we, as we are now are represented weak and on the run. We have shown our weaknesses, or perhaps a strength.

She paused as she started absently pacing again, her hand tapping against her leg. “We have a small patch of ground, but I’m sure I can speak for most here, in saying that this small clearing is not enough for all of us, and were more of Luna’s chosen appear we would be thicker than thieves.

That was an interesting turn of phrase.

What we do need to do, is put our weaknesses aside, learn more of the others here. Everyone here has Strengths, we -- as a group-- need to learn what they are and how to match people with their strengths and weaknesses. It won’t be easy, and we do still have to find something we can claim as a pack Totem, but for now, I agree with you, Firebringer,” she tipped her head to the elder wolf, “We need to reestablish who and what we are, but we need to do it intelligently.

She looked around again.

We belong to Luna, let’s not disappoint her by dying so soon into becoming something of a pack. We were unprepared at first, so many arriving, we can’t be like that.” she trailed off, feeling as if she had taken the spotlight for too long. It made her uncomfortable.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

+1
    SL
    PRE

A twitch in the eye and a low growl marked Tony's response to Jeremiah's Glory comment. He didn't say anything back though, because part of him had thought the same thing. On the flip side, at least the Alpha finally grew a pair. Definitely better then the silent mess from before.

He listened silently as Kevin and the others spoke, acknowledging Firebringer and Samantha with a nod of his head. "Firebringer is right." The rage slowly dwindles from his face. He looks back to the Sworn with an almost apologetic look, before scanning the rest of the assembled wolves. "Our strengths will become evident as we press forward. We should start by getting our house in order before returning to the front lines with the Anshega. Forcefully binding a totem will send a clear message to the local spirits not to fuck with us."
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

"This all suggests agreement, then," Elaine surmises, giving a look around to see if there were any dissenters. She hoped everyone gathered was smarter than that, or they'd have fled already.

"Which means we need two things. We need to know which local spirit we are after, and we need a semblance of order for how we are going to work together. We don't need anything permanent this instant, but we should definitely be more than a wandering mob." Having made her socio-political appraisal, Elaine allows anyone else to speak up with suggestions, before she has to guess who can do what.

"We would all benefit from assessing who can do what, and should be forthcoming in offering our talents. I'll offer my own first. I was a boxer, I'm also a runner, and I'm not too shabby at anything else sporty. Who are the other athletes, and brawlers?"

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

"Ah's gud at huntin' an' trackin'. At least ma says that... and Big Doug. And Tree Singer, too. She wus nice to me, she was... Ah like ta guard the sacred land, you know. An' stuff. Big Doug says ah's gud at that. He was so wise..." He patted his arm and chest absently, as if indicating brand marks.

Jeremiah Daniels
    Jeremiah Daniels

PRE

The Crescent doesn't react as Steel claps a hand on his shoulder. Unsure for a moment as to what the gesture means. Stephen saw it clearly. I won't be one of Skolis-Ur's children.

Jeremiah's head tilts to the side as Firebringer's gaze sweeps over him. Understood it says.

His lips purse at forcing a totem so quickly. Waiting seems like it would be better to him but he is not Alpha.

"I can bind a spirit in place if we find one that is suitable. It will take some work however unless someone has silver thread on them. Other than that I can fight and use computers well." The Ghost Wolf nods to Steel and lets out another breath. Focus

Steel acknowledges the nod with a crack of his knuckles.

"You need a frontline brawler, look no further," he boasts, taking a few practice jabs as he does. "I've got a fair bit of boxing training, plus the gifts to go with it."

He has a smile on his face again. The rough air around everyone is finally starting to break up, at least a bit. Now that they're all talking and planning it's at least starting to feel like a pack. A little.

At this point, every little bit helps.

T
    Thibodaux

Cord steps out of the shadows for a moment having listened to everyone assembled so far, "I am Cord Spinerunner, I am Irraka and Blood Talon. I run, and I am a bit scrappy, most of my talents come in the form of stupid bravery and doing what needs to be done whenever it needs happen." Cord smiles brightly, "Let me know what you need and I will throw my lot in with you. Promise"

Cord pauses a moment for those words to hang in the air. " We are The People, we live everyday loss and our victories come in many forms; this victory might seem minor because you just survived an encounter with an overwhelming force" Cord's voice portrays a bit of sarcasm with that statement.

He pauses and then gestures to the assembled.

"I would say its a major victory, you have made it to this starting point, this is chance for renewal of spirit and growth. Let's not dwell on the past mistakes, lets not let these tears haunt us, but let's allow them to water the earth here in such a way that we will become a strong united front ready to not only survive these next nights, but to fucking rise up and strike those down that would hunt us." His voice gets a bit more edgy as he finishes his little speech, "There will always be loss, but that loss can easily be turned into a force of fucking destruction and I will be here to help do what needs to be done to make it so." Cord looking around suddenly realizes that he crossed a line and steps backwards into the shadows again

Kevin Swift

PRE

"I'm not sure what I bring concerning Rituals, none of us have compared our knowledge in that area." Kevin states to the group. "I do know how to Create Talens, as well as Rite of Spirit Hunt and Rite of Sacred Hunt." He lists to the group, he's unsure if any of the others know either of those.

No point in pointing out that I know how to dedicate cloths and how to heal. He thinks as he adds, "I also know the Rite of Contrition."

"Personal wise, I hope to find a job in a mechanic shop." He includes as an after thought.

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

"I'm no ritualist, but I didn't survive this long without other strengths. I'm a hunter, relentless and sure even in the dark of moonless night. I can fight effectively in any form, and ensure prey never sees me coming."

He takes a deep breath, before pressing on. They needed to know. "But wolves were meant to hunt in packs. In a well-integrated pack, I can help each member perform at their best, but without that support, I am greatly diminished." Teeth flash in what, on a wolf, would have been an angered snarl. "That is only part of what the Anshega took from me, and they will pay dearly for it. Even if vengeance steals my final breath."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last