Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1307) Alice Brown and Claire Tunt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Good evening, Madam Bailiff. How have the nights been treating you? I hoped we might be able to speak with one another, if that does not offend your interests?" Her tone is respectful, and she even pulls back some of her usual egotism.

Presuming Alice does not excuse herself, Claire continues, quietly, "I had wished to discuss matters of the Invictus with you, actually. If you have the time?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Good evening Miss Tunt.' Alice smiles while looking at the woman from top to toe, in a second. 'Let's say they're treating me better than the days.'

What a stupid joke. Happens when she's bored.

'Of course not, please let us speak. I was standing here all alone, after all.' The Bacchante shrugs, of course that happened by choice, but still. Her smile widens, 'The Invictus you say? I always have time for the First Estate.' Then she invites the Ventrue to speak with a simple elegant gesture.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Excellent," Claire replies, and despite the fact that her posture was already perfect, she perks up a bit. Her voice, however, remains low, calm, and directed specifically for Alice's ears. "I have already spoken with Lady Sage regarding my intent to join the Invictus here, in Sacramento, and I should like to hear any thoughts you may have to offer on the subject."

She pauses, before offering, "I should like very much if we could be of mutual use to one another, Madam Bailiff."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Join the Invictus?' Alice can't help being a bit surprised. 'I must admit... I don't know a lot about you, Miss Tunt, but aren't you with another Covenant?'

A bigger First Estate is always better, but it needs to be good if Alice gets involved.

'Why would you want to join?'

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Actually, I hold an office with another Covenant. I fear I am not a particularly good fit with their philosophy, however. We want such very different things." Her response is matched with a clear, business-like eye contact with Alice. She waits for her first sentences to sink in, and continues speaking.

"And given our very different wants, I believe I should be on my way to something more appropriate for my own talents, and something more appropriate for my own desires. Was there any particular point I should clarify?"

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It is clear Alice lets the words sink in. It's not everyday that you hear this.

'I see.' She's not sure about this situation, there are many things she should ask before making any decisions. First things first. 'What do you believe that the First Estate has to offer you? What exactly makes it so appealing you want to leave another Covenant. Such things can be quite a big deal.'

Speaking from personal experience, that is.

Being in a different continent is quite comforting though.

Played by Dark Passenger

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"There's a social element, I hope, that I should quite like to find. One with a secular bent to it, of course. And then, there is the matter of power, money, stability, and the like. I should much prefer stability to idealism."

Claire's answer was entirely sincere, if it did lack in extensive details. And her next remark is entirely candid. "I will be performing a final service on my way out. I will be missed, I imagine, but the present leader of said organization is an entirely reasonable person, and I have no secrets about him I could possibly spill, even if I wanted to for some barbarous reason. Thus, there is no incentive for any feelings more potent than slight disappointment."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice nods some more. She sees no reason to react to everything, since she perfectly understands Claire's reasons.

'It all sounds promising, Miss Tunt! But why exactly did you come to me, if I may ask? Do you want me to sponsor you, if you know what that is?'

Played by Dark Passenger

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"Indeed, I am aware of that practice. I would ask that you please sincerely consider me for sponsorship, if you are able, Madam Bailiff. And I should be glad to answer any further questions you may have which might ease such a decision," she replies, smile stretched to the precise extent of polite conversation, and her eyes punctuate her speech.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Excellent.' At least Claire thought it all through, apparently.

Alice smiles politely as well. 'I will consider sponsoring you, however, it'll require a day sleep to clear my mind. I would love to meet you privately once you've officially left your current Covenant.'

A pause, then she realizes something. 'And just for my clarification, would you care to share your Clan affiliation, Miss Tunt?' It is always good to know who and what she's dealing with.

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread