Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Employment Means Tacos!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Elaine had found herself a job as a - big surprise - personal trainer. Admittedly, she was the huskiest of their female trainers on staff, but she was also better with Martial Arts routines than the rest.. Her 'winning personality' of not questioning anything and agreeing to the initial offer sealed the deal.

The time had come for celebration, and what said celebration better than cheap tacos? She even tagged on some nachos to make the occasion special. "Special" in an "inner fat girl" sort of way, which was possibly also why she picked the park closest to the taco place. Between work and werewolvery, she'd already gotten plenty of exercise lately. Input needed to catch up with output or she would need a whole new wardrobe, which might prove costlier than these snacks.

This park, however, does not offer inspiring views. It is more dirt than grass, but she shrugs and rests herself and her cheesy plunder down in one of the better looking spots to laze away the afternoon. She stretches out on her back and places a large plate of nachos on her stomach to start digging in.

All of the other Forsaken she's met are welcome to join her, and she'd made phone calls to every number she has from the recent groupings to get the word out.

Kevin Swift

PRE

Kevin studies the fast food place for a few seconds, he's been trying to get work at a mechanic shop as, well anything. Heck, he'd even take a post of stock boy. Soon, he'll branch out into other kinds of shops. It's not like he can resume his schooling and at this point, he doesn't really want to as the University would be reminding him of the time before his exile and those who died.

There's a park near here that he heard about from Elaine that he can eat in peace at. So, he enters into the MacDonalds and soon enough he's walking out with about six Bacon Cheese Burgers and three medium fries plus a large Sprite. He walks towards the park and as he tours it, the blond Itheaur notices Elaine relaxing on the grass.

"Hey Elaine, how's your day been?" He asks as he wanders over and stands near.

"I'm alright," she replies, craning around her nachos to look at Kevin, and regard his own spoils. "I'd thought I brought enough for everyone, but if you are covered, more for me," she replies with a big toothy smile. Her teeth are remarkably clean for having just dug into her sauce-laden meal, but perhaps she ate more thoroughly than most.

Her nostrils flare as she distinguishes the scent of his food from hers, and she asks, "Is that bacon?"

She takes in another long scent of her carnitas, and adds, "Mine's better," matter-of-factly.

Kevin Swift

PRE

"Ah, well, I saw a MacDonalds and remembered their cheap menu." Kevin replies as he takes a seat upon the grass. As he pulls one out, his fingers also carry a few fries, which he uses his other hand to pop into his mouth.

"It better be, it's what I ordered after all, Bacon Cheese Burger." He answers her question as he finishes unwrapping it. He chuckles softly as he bring the burger to his mouth and takes a bite.

He savors the texture as he chews. Swallowing, he grabs a few fries from the bag and pops them into his mouth. "You want any fries?" He asks Elaine.

Of course I do. Has he not seen me? she thinks to herself, nodding as she places the already half eaten plate of nachos down beside her so she can reach over for fries, saying, "Definitely. Want a taco?"

She pauses to lick some cheese off of her lips, brushing one finger across her mouth as the other hand was reaching into one of the many bags she has for a crumpled napkin. "Nice day to eat. But when is it ever not?" She retrieves the napkin with a victorious, "Ah-ha!" and cleans her mouth and hands off before putting out a palm for some fries. Her other hand places the napkin with the food she's already tucked into, and reaches for a potential trade offering.

T
    Thibodaux

Cord walks up off the street, the thoughts of food and conversation enticing him. He watches the two of them from a distance for a minute. he was never very good at this being social thing, but here goes.
    "Hey guys." He smiles slightly and raises his hand slightly to waive. He is a bit nervous and you can see in the lack of confidence in his gestures. "Have room for another?"

Kevin Swift

PRE

"Sure and thanks." Kevin says, taking the offered taco while moving the bag closer to Elaine so she as easier access to the fries. "True, it's a beautiful day to have a picnic and I counter with rainy days." He remarks before he continues to eat his burger while the taco he has been given rests on his left hip.

"Hey and yea, I believe you can choose between tacos and Bacon Cheese Burgers, plus fries." He says to Cord once he swallows what's in his mouth. "I think you'd need to make a drink run if you want something to wash it down."

"Yeah, come on over and help yourself. Nobody told you about this gathering?" Elaine says loudly and clearly to the German Guy. As Kevin points out the drink situation, she chimes in, "There's a big jug of water in one of the bags I brought. I didn't recognize the drinks at the Mexican place and was not feeling adventurous today, so anything sweet will require some legwork. But seriously, eat some of this so I don't have to sit here until I'm finished with everything. And then sit here for another day before I can move. I have work in the morning."

Having said her piece, she grabs some fries to munch on before returning to her nacho conquest.

Aeneas
    Aeneas

PRE

The wolf must hunt. For everything else there is...

KFC

So when Aeneas had found no game on his off reservation jaunt to the parks and wild life refuges of Yolo County, he packed up stumps and drove (as fast as he could) back to Sac Town. As he drew near he stopped at a little KFC place to obtain supplies. A bit further down the road he found a rather uninspiring park. Still, the day was warm and he was feeling a little fatigue from his night out and the long drive.

Pulling up in his travel worn pickup, he saw some of the others gathering. The irraka stopped and stared.

"Awww heck," he warbled. He was already sliding out of the vehicle and gathering his plastic wrapped goodies as he spoke.

T
    Thibodaux

Cord smiles brightly at the invitation. "Thank you so much for the opportunity to break bread and talk a bit." He sits and reaches some nachos and a burrito. He closes his eyes for a moment and then digs in. "This must have been the best burrito in the world."

"So, I am Cord,I know we haven't all really met but it is great to meet you. Looking at the events I've seen so far, I am a bit confused as to really what is going on, I heard this place was strong for our people. Its seems to me like things are in a bit of flux though." Cord knows that this line of questioning will flare some emotions, but he knows to really find out what happened he needs to ask.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last