Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A local coffee shop

THREADID
    J
    Jaling

It had been just a little over a week since Kalemleah had shown up in Sacramento and setup shop. He hadn't contacted the local order right away because he wanted to get everything else setup first, his job, his apartment, his security. All-in-all he was very happy with the location he had selected for his new Sanctum. A nice small apartment, one of thirty in the building, and very easy to lock down. Locking his door and heading towards the stairs Kalemleah checked his phone to make sure the cameras were operational before locking the screen and pocketing it. The man at the front desk smiled professionally and he nodded back in acknowledgement and headed out the door into the evening.

Taking to the sidewalk he placed his beanie upon his bald head and adjusted the duffel on his back. Summer evenings weren't cold, but he like the look so put up with the little extra heat. Summer nights are great. He thought to himself, able to get off of work and still have time to run a couple errands before the creatures of the night stirred from their slumber and started seeking out prey of their own. Not to say he was worried about being the prey, but most of his work did take place at night. The coffee shop was only a couple blocks away from his place anyways which was one of the reasons why he chose it. He wanted a constant reminder of his home, even if he couldn't go back.

Before entering, Kalemleah mutters the words of Atlantis beneath his breath and felt their empowerment before calling upon the Arcana with his natural power and touching his eyes to sense the auras of everyone within his sight. Smiling that the magic came through for him, he enters to order a coffee.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-01 12:43:44 Kalemleah rolls 5 to Aura Perception Gno+Mnd+HS (10 Again) 2, 5, 10, 9, 8, 4 3 successes

After ordering his coffee and looking around the room to take notice of the auras about, he went to a chair with a table and and moved the chair's back to the wall with a view of the entrance. Seeing as his phone hadn't notified him of a reply yet, he wasn't expecting anyone but liked to keep as much of the room visible as possible. With that he plugged in his laptop and sipped at coffee while browsing the local news for anything pertaining to his other line of work. If his order was doing it's job he wouldn't find anything, but he always liked to double-check in case something new was posted or missed.

J
    Jaling

The little clickity-clack of his fingers across the keyboard stopped when the phone on the table lit up and vibrated. The hand moved over to the phone and hovered above it hesitating for he knew what this meant. His vacation from the supernatural was over and the time to work was now. Snatching the phone up he looked at the illuminated screen expectantly and held his breath...

Yep, Granite Park tomorrow by the wetlands at noon.

An exasperated exhale escaped his lips a little louder then he had wanted and immediately he closed his laptop's lid and started wrapping his power cord up in embarrassment. I'm not sure what I expected. It's not like the guy was waiting on pins and needles for me. He probably has his own things to do and I'm lucky I get to see him as soon as tomorrow...or was it a her...oh well, guess I'll find out tomorrow either way. With everything packed up Kal threw his duffel over his shoulder and grabbed his coffee before heading out the door and home, thinking all the while of how he was going to make the approach tomorrow with a smile creasing his lips.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.