Ended
Watch

Meeting Aileen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha awaits Aileen. Patient and quiet, she sits in her chamber.

Sitting perched at the side of her desk and looking over some printed out spreadsheets, Martha wears a gown. There's a small dab of red lipstick...a careful application of rouge to the cheeks...Martha had even dyed her long hair and spent time arranging the regulation buns rather than resorting to a cosplay wig.

The door to the chamber is open. The space is large...packed with books and maps and all manner of paperwork.

There is cleanliness and order. But there is the usual mass of information all about.

On one wall there are three modern, if large, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in tutus holding a ballet poses against a dark background. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.'

Between these are three large maps of Sacramento are pinned to walls. They seem to detail various aspects of the Kindred domain annotated superimposed over that of the mortal map.

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. Her main desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Four bookcases are against the walls. Each is brimming and over filled with pre-owned books. They look, at first glance, to be entirely textbooks and non-fiction. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer on the desk too. A well cared for E-reader is also in evidence which carefully rests at the space on her desk.

There are also few comfortable chairs and a couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean and also has the aroma of fresh lemons.

@Bigpaw
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Back home, Aïleen had had the hardest time determine how to dress for her meeting with the sweetly innocent Herald. In the end, she had decided to wear her customary black dress in which she felt comfortable. No one would consider her a fashion victim.

As she walked toward the door, she wondered if she would feel unsettled as usual around Herald Villiers. Probably. She was one of the most influential Kindred in town, and yet seemed so devoid of the usual canninness associated with politicians... It wasn't so easy for Aïleen to reconcile so different facets.

Reaching the open door, she peaked inside, and noticed the huge amount of textbooks, the maps, the pictures - could she... -, the scent of lemon. It all helped define the character of Miss Villiers, after all. Staying in the doorframe, she called "Herald Villiers ? Good evening, this is Aïleen. We had an appointment."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha turns to the sound of Aileen's voice, smiling and lowering her paperwork to show Aileen had, for once, her undivided attentions. She un-perches from the edge of her desk and made a small hand gesture to invite Aileen to sit where she wished;

"Indeed! Indeed! Please do come in! Do please be seated!" she chirped. Taking up her cane Martha limps heavily over to the door to close it and provide privacy.

Her lame leg drags stiffly; the small lady seems to struggle.

Once the door is closed Martha smiles and limps back to perch once more at the side of her desk and pay full attention to Aileen.

"I do hope you are well, Miss! Would you wish to have some lemonade?" she asks with sincere friendliness.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen gauchely walked and sat as invited. The infirmity from the little woman was painful to see, but the Herald didn't seem affected by it. Nothing in her speech gave any indication of it, at least. The shy Mekhet had her hands carefully folded in her lap. Trying to overcome her feelings, she smiled back toward the other Mekhet.

"Thank you, thank you very much. I would gladly have some lemonade, please." it was a wasted drink on a Kindred, but admittedly the taste was pleasant, even if sometimes a sore reminiscer of the life they had lost.

"I will try and be brief, Herald... I don't want to abuse of your time when I can see how obviously busy you are..." and she gave a look through the room once again, impressed at the amount of things the woman was juggling with.

Martha Villiers

PRE

With a sweet smile Martha nods and reaches over her desk to gather the drink and a tall glass tumbler. Pouring Aileen a generous helping of lemonade, she hands the drink to her guest.

"You are kind...how might I be of assistance to you, Miss?"

Allowing Aileen time to accept and sample the drink, Martha supplies time and gaps in her replies. Her tone suggests sincerity and eagerness to help.

She is careful to build an atmosphere of friendliness and opportunity to speak with pressure on time.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Once offered her glass, Aïleen slowly smelled the sweet perfume of it, as much a display to please her host as a genuine enjoyement of an unusual but welcome odor for her. Opening her eyes, she focused back on the other tiny Mekhet, and smiled.

"You are the kind one, really..." she whispered, before straightening on her chair, and asking what she had come for.

"Well, you see, Herald... I've been here for more than a year already, and even though I had intended for my presence here to be short-lived, it probably won't be so. I'm not sure I even want it to be so. I want to settle in, and stay in this Domain. And flourish with it."
    she said with an acknowledging nod to all the woman had done, and was still doing.

She paused, sure that her intentions were now clear, but trying to be composed and polite about it.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Goodness!" she chirps and smiles, "A year already?" her questioning tone seems genuine. "Well, if you wish to settle more profoundly, how can I be of help with your plans?" she smiles and watches Aileen with gentle care.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"Well, I would like your advice on how best to beseech the Right of Tenancy in the Communal Hunting Ground..." she asked humbly. "I would like to run my own business. be my own mistress, so to speak..."

She waited a breath, then went on with what she knew to be inevitable.

"As for what I could bring to earn that... well, probably a very steady blood supply to those who would need it. And thanks to Supplicant Ankers, my rapidly increasing computer skills. As well as some hiding capability..." even though she knew the last one to be the least of her assets.

"Do you think that might be enough, Herald ?" She hoped so, but didn't hold her breath, metaphorically speaking.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Aileen was making a fair case, Martha listened in silence and listened carefully. While pondering her reply she rubbed at her hip.

Martha badly wanted to be playful and make some game out of this.

Perhaps a guessing game or some jest.

But, she saw Aileen was anxious and suddenly became aware her sense of humor might be mistaken for sadism; instead Martha resisted her impulse, offered a happy smile and chirped a reply;
    "The Communal Zone? Hmm..." another nod, "...I see! That sounds a most splendid notion! Have you selected a property?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"Selected ?" Aïleen didn't know what to make of the sentence. She didn't dare hope it was already an agreement, and carefully chose her words.

"I haven't... I didn't know ? I know it must be in the close vicinity of the American River, that's for sure. Apart from that... I would want it to double as my Haven and my business place, if possible, and have as much water as possible... I don't know, really... it's just been a dream, so far. Should I come back to you with a more detailed plan ?" and then, because she couldn't help but be optimistic.

"Should I take that as an approval, Herald Villiers ?" she asked, refraining from smiling widely back at her Cousin.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread