Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
On Patrol (OPEN; Attn: Jayant)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Deputy Reeve Konstantin sits at a corner bus stop on the Western edge of the Rack, waiting for Jayant to show and watching out for anything else of interest that might occur. Far away from places more popular with Kindred, such as the Lily, Asylum and the Avalon, this spot saw relatively little Kindred traffic, but Konstantin liked it for that reason. While personally he liked most of the local Kindred he'd had more than the briefest of interactings with, his inner Beast still roiled at the presence of so many other predators, even familiar ones, and pushed him to stake out his own hunting grounds.

A block away was the biker bar he and Twist had hunted at awhile back. He grinned to think about that. Seeing a couple bikers drive by on their big Harleys got him thinking about how it would be good for him to learn how to drive. Long a nomad, he'd avoided vehicles for most of his Requiem, not wanting to rely on the false sense of security they provide or be so connected to an item that could let you down or give enemies an idea where to find you. He was no longer a nomad, though, and his duties would sometimes require him to get around more quickly. During the Bloodhunt, Madison Wells had suggested he get some help learning more about modern technology, so perhaps she might be of help... or perhaps Headstrong, since the gigantic Dragon woman rode a motorcycle.

Once he realizes he's drifted into "what if?" rather than focusing on the immediate environment, he chided himself for getting complacent and sloppy, then refocused himself, waiting and watching.

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant quite liked taking the bus, a way to mingle with the kine and pretend to be normal if only for 20 minutes as he travelled from the outskirts of the city to the rack where he was meeting Konstantin. Watching the city pass by, Jayant thought about many things that had occured since his arrival in the city so many months ago, the kindred he had met, comrades mad and those lost on the journey, most of whom were taken during the Lost Nights, a time that still haunts the Mekhet with its absolute horror, a period in his existance he will never forget.

Another monster, my little Jayant

Jayant looks up from his reverie and sees that he has arrived far wuicker than expected, the late night traffic giving the bus no problems as it circles the city. Making his way to the exit, he politely thanks the driver and hops off. He was certain the driver said something racial back to him but Jayant paid the kine no heed.

Some thing's never change.

He spots Konstantin and grins wide, his cheeks raising and giving him a natrual cheeky glow. Extending his arm to the Gangrel Priscus, Jayant seems quite relieved to finally have this meeting.

"My friend, so good to see you again. I can only apologise for not arranging something earlier, how time passes us by these nights; as swift as a bat and twice as ugly."

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

Konstantin stands and shakes Jayant's hand in a firm grip, grinning. "It is good to see you. But no apology is necessary between friends. I have been most busy, you probably the same. We will just have to work to make that not an excuse."

"Walk while we speak," Konstantin says. "I have been thinking of the Prince's words at Court. A group of warriors, formed to fight our enemies, and to rescue O-Yama from whatever has happened to him. These are worthy things."

Konstantin's gaze follows a few young toughs as they walk along. When they are past, he continues. "I have started on this. I will work with Clan Gangrel, so my clanmates can stand at the fore of any battle and find victory. But a grouping across clans, across covenants... this would be a thing of great strength. There are many strong warriors among us. You. Me. Headstrong. Perhaps Roxie, if she is good with guns as with smart words. Twist. Arnold. Ishani. Lady Regina. Others, they will be strong with time, perhaps as strong as any. Some, they cannot do this thing, as they have other duties. But let us work together to forge a weapon to destroy our enemies and strike terror in any that think to move against us."

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Nodding in agreement and walking alongside the Priscus with his hands clasped at his back, Jayant cannot help but smile at the passion and directness in Konstantin's words. Truly, they were kindred spirits, brothers-in-arms and barons of death. But, he still felt it necessary to express his concerns with the Savage as he did with O-Yama.

"I have no doubts whatsoever my friend that our community requires a group such as this, especially with our brethren's untimely disappearance, but I will tell you the same thing I told Hatori when he disclosed his ideal to me; I am no assassin."

Allowing the words to hang in the air, the Khaibit looks around him to ensure their conversation was being kept clandestine. "A brotherhood such as this should be guardians first and foremost against threats both external and internal, and a place for training where we can practice those arts entrusted to us as warriors of honour and share our experiences without the skewed views of politics that demand so much of our time. I have enough blood on my hands as it is, comrade." Jayant keeps his eyes straight ahead, waiting for Konstantin to reply, his pace methodical and steady on the sidewalk.

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

"Politics, not so much an interest for me," Konstantin replies. "This... we will practice fighting arts, and fight those who threaten us. A brotherhood of warriors, not a cadre of assassins."

Konstantin does not add that should a situation call for it, he has absolutely no qualms about acting in the role of the assassin; he has done that before, on more than a few occasions, and his skill at Protean provides him unusual options for performing in that role. But that was not how he envisions this brotherhood.

"Then we are in agreement then, a brotherhood of warriors. Have you approached anyone else regarding this coterie? I myself have only spoken briefly with O-Yama."

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

"No, you are the first I have talked to about this," Konstantin says. "It has been on the mind. If Headstrong is not too busy with Dragons business, she would be good. Brave, tough, skilled. I will talk to Twist as well. She has duty to Prince Clarke, as do I, but both may be possible." He thinks for a moment. "The warrior of the Sanctified... Madison Wells. She was with me on the bloodhunt. She may be good for this."

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

Jayant nods in agreement, but only out of courtesy. The only name he recognizes is Twists, and would very much like to see her in action. However, the Gurkha keeps quiet as he walks beside the Gangrel, something obviously on his mind but unwilling to speak it.

Konstantin Malevich

PRE

It takes a bit, Konstantin sometimes not being very chatty himself, but eventually he figures out Jayant has something on his mind. "So, friend Jayant, was there some matter you wished to talk of tonight?"

Jayant Nagaraj

PRE

"Am I that transparent," Jayant remarks, jovially. "But yes, I do have something playing on my mind beyond O-Yama's disappearance and his vision of the brotherhood." As they walk, Jayant tries to rearrange the words in an order that he would find the most comfortable to say.

"At court, Circe," he begins, knowing that certain words should not be used in the presence of the kine, Hierophant being among them, "mentioned that the next gathering will be held at my allies last establishment, a place with a very painful and dark history for myself. Did you meet any of my allies from before the Lost Nights?" His mind easily trundles along the path of grief as he considers Little V, Mako and Hierophant Paresh.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread