Ended
Watch

(Private) On the Guiding Hand

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen smiled at the man's questions. Of course she had thought about it herself before, but it was proof he was interested, and that warmed her cold dead heart.

"Well... as far as similarity goes, I've always had nightmares about fire. But it was no ordinary nightmare, pray believe me. Those were Nightmares." the capital was obvious.

"Fire is bad enough for mortals, but for us... when I learned it was one of our bane, I really thought those Nightmares were a forewarning. As for differences... Shortly after my Embrace, I started feeling that maybe, just maybe, there could be a way out of those Nightmares, and that's what lead me here, now, to Sacramento.

And so far, all my Dreams have been frighteningly accurate. I can't think of a time when they've not been... and I don't want to meet the Final Death by Fire, Brother !"
    she added, shaking at the recollection of some of those Dreams.

B
    Beej

"Calm yourself, no one will be burning to death this evening. At least not with the sprinkler system we have installed." he chuckles softly, trying to reassure her. "The fact they are all accurate is a bless at least. You know that if you see something you do not have to second guess what you are shown. That would be horrendous. As for who is sending them..." Teo hunches slightly and begins stroking his beard. "That is question that I do not think anyone I would trust could answer. Blessing and test perhaps." As to looking for an escape to her nightmares, that could be problematic. "The Coil of Banes will certainly help even if it does not eliminate the danger. I wonder.." he taps a finger against his chin. He then banishes the thought. "Well, I would caution you at least to be mindful of how you see yourself avoiding this foreshadowing. Literature and history is replete with tales of people fore-warned or anticipating disaster and going to great lengths to avoid it, only to trigger the disaster that dooms them."

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Aïleen shook her head as the advice given aligned with her own thoughts.

"I know, I know only too well the danger lying with prophecies... I have read many of those legends, trying to find a catch... It wasn't so bad when I was convinced it was all part of His Plan. At least, there was a meaning, and it made it all bearable. Especially for His purpose.

But I have lost that confidence, and I am now struggling to come up with a satisfactory backbone to bear the weight of those Dreams. Currently, the Ordo is my backbone. I am working on said Coil of Banes, as well as the gift of Resilience. As you may or may not know, I work at a swimming pool, too..."

She then looked at him as a rope to hang on. "But most of all, I'm looking for any and all advice about purpose... and ways to root out the cause of those Dreams, Brother.

I hear our Family is prone to such... experience... and am now trying to learn more about it. Perhaps it's in the Blood ?"

B
    Beej

"Mmm." Teodor frowns slightly as he thinks. "Yes our clan produce many who have visions. And I would agree, your theory about them being rooted in..blood is under normal circumstances good one. Our natural affinity with Auspex would back it up. But.." he purses his lips. "What you are describing, is fairly unusual to my knowledge. There have been kindred who had unique..supernatural abilities which ended when they were embraced. For yours...to continue after the Embrace is..it is something much more fundamental. Some part of you is in sync with the metaphysical world. To alter that..I am not sure how one would about doing that." He says frankly and honestly. "I have heard second hand of individuals attempting to force some measure of control of them..what was it?" he mutters, running his thumb and fore finger through his beard. "As I recall they described it as someone with asthma inducing an attack so they could then go about their day. They did not specify what they were trying, drugs and meditation I would imagine." He shrugs slightly, trying to offer up as much information he could.

"But why do you feel your are straying from what the Lord has planned for you?" Teo adds quickly hoping he has dashed her hopes. "Would not the Ordo be part of the path he wishes you to follow?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"I'm meditating on a nearly daily basis, and while I have found it helps, it hasn't prevented them. Conner Greyson once suggested I developed a greater control over my senses through mastery of Auspex, but I dare not study this Discipline lest it exposes me even more..." she said, uncertain whether to feel cowardly, or prudent. The line between the two of them was sometimes paper thin.

Brother Raluca's question about her feeling was once again in synch with her own, so perhaps their two minds could come with an answer, when her own alone hadn't been enough. "I started fearing I may have lost the path of God after reading a very thought provoking book advised by the Grand Wyrm. It certainly reached that purpose ! So yes, perhaps it's all part of the plan..." she finished with a smile she hoped to be wry.

B
    Beej

Greyson's suggestion to develop the Sight was one Teo had to agree with. But there was the factor of the condition existing before the Embrace. That was the tricky part. "It is possible that the two are related but not..functionally related. Are there physical symptoms related to the visions? Any different from when you were alive and now? There is no substantive difference then I am not sure development or lack of there of in regards the Sight affecting your visions." It was all quite fascinating really.

Teo was not entirely sure which Grand Wrym Aileen was talking about. All he could hope for was that whatever book it was, it did not cause too much stress for the woman. "Well at times we...loose the forest amongst the trees." he smiles. "Is there moment recently that has troubled you recently? Something that might have made you question your choices?"

ooc

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While it wasn't hard to summon back the memories of her Dreams, it wasn't something Aïleen usually did, because it greatly unsettled her. Yet, at Teodor's behest, she did so. Taking some time to calmly collect back the feelings she had had at those times, she finally answered him. "No physical symptoms I'm aware of, no." Yet another idea down the flush.

The man didn't seemed fazed by their lack of progress, though, and his resolve greatly helped Aïleen to lean on him more than she usually did. "I don't know..." was her first reply at his question about her choice. "I wouldn't say so, but let me think about it..." she said, before once again sifting trough her memories. "I don't think there's been a special turning point, apart from the book. It really dawned on me at that time that I should really think twice about the path I was walking."

ooc

B
    Beej

The hour dragged on as Teo carefully pulled and prodded at Aileen's thoughts on where she was in her Reqium. In particular he highlights the virtuousness of the Coil of Hunger. For if a Dragon no longer need feed on Kine, then one was less likely to fall prey to the sin of Pride and Gluttony when dealing with them.

10suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-10 18:46:26 [03] Reverb rolls 8 to Absolve the Man (Pres3Emp3Eux20 (10 Again) 8, 9, 8, 6, 2, 7, 3, 6 3 successes
    2013-08-10 18:46:26 [02] Reverb rolls 8 to Absolve the Man (Pres3Emp3Eux20 (10 Again) 5, 7, 3, 3, 10, 9, 10, 1, 10, 6, 3 4 successes
    2013-08-10 18:46:26 [01] Reverb rolls 8 to Absolve the Man (Pres3Emp3Eux20 (10 Again) 3, 8, 9, 2, 4, 3, 7, 9 3 successes

Aileen can regenerate 1 WP or remove one short term derangement

Whatever Aileen might feel about Teo's theological explanations, she undeniably feels refreshed by their long talk.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

1WP recovered. Thanks

While Aïleen hadn't really thought about the Coil of Hunger, it was an interesting idea pushed forward by Brother Raluca, and as a Sworn of the Dying Light, she felt the need to think hard on his advice. No matter how you looked at it, the man really had a soothing way to put things in perspective, and while she still felt undecided, it was still good to know she could count on his support.

OOC

B
    Beej

While he was not expecting some great conversion or epiphany Teo did perceive that their talk had eased her burden a little. That was all he could really hope for and was the mandate of his bloodline. Her Requiem becoming a little easier to bare was all the satisfaction he needed.

A wood shaving off to the side caught his eye and the monk remembered that he had a ritual to finish preparing for. "Ah! I must apologize Supplicant, but I am afraid I must cut our talk short. Time has gotten away from me and I promised Supplicant Bingen I would have her..materials ready for her ritual tomorrow." Teo says apologetically. He was not in the habit of throwing people out the door but he did have work to get done. He was tempted to ask if she would like to join but he doubted she would find the work as soothing as he did.

ooc

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread