Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The idea of passing by the funeral parlor to check up on Emma and her work had been on Velma’s mind since their last conversation during court.

The Ravager thought about calling to ask to meet the Savage but that would give the green eyed woman time to dig a grave for her… no, she didn't want to take that risk. Instead she opted to appear uninvited; she decided the trick was to make it look spontaneous.

After several minutes in front of her wardrobe the succubus decided to wear a sensible black dress. The only visible jewelry was a long string of pearls that gave the ensemble a classy touch. Her shoes were black to and with no heels, in her left hand was a bouquet of orange lilies. Apparently Velma was attending a funeral service. She asked the taxi driver who had taken her to the Cedar Fields Funeral Home to wait for her.

The songstress moved swiftly to the door, she rang the bell and smiled.

Hopefully someone would be inside to open the door for her!

Psychangel
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Emma French

PRE

Emma heard the bell ring and glanced at the clock. After a brief thought that perhaps they could have a camera set up with a buzzer to allow in those she wanted to let in, Emma stood and stretched. Maybe someone had a body to drop off and just didn't phone ahead. Exiting her office, Emma took a quick look in the morgue and in Lydia's office. She wasn't in so perhaps it was Lydia and she had forgotten her keys. Emma proceeded upstairs and looked out the side window. "Grrrr," She growled, "It's Velma." With a mental sigh Emma unlocked the door. "Good evening, Velma. Won't you come in?" Emma offered a smile and greeting while fighting with beast. don't trust the bitch... kill her beast growled in Emma's head. Her blood will be so sweet, taste it drain it kill it..... Emma shoved beast to a back corner as she stepped back from the entry way to allow Velma access. Emma did a quick inspection of the entery area, the polished warm wood panels and glass shelves gleemed. The staff really did take great pride in their work.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Oh, thank you Emma!” the songstress smiles after Emma invites her in.

“I wasn’t sure if anyone was in…” she begins, almost in an apologetic tone.

“I decided to knock and see how things are going on.”

“I hope I’m not interrupting! I should have called but I was passing nearby, so…”
    the succubus shrugs, her shoulders going upwards the palms of her hands turned upfront as she steps inside the parlor. She decided to remain silent after noticing she was apologizing too much.

After getting into the hall Velma takes an appraising look of the interior, it seemed well kept and maintained. Of course she would never see herself working in a funeral parlor, but that was something else entirely different.

“These are for you!” She extends the orange lilies to the Savage.

“You should put them in the water, they hold on for a few more weeks.” she informed after handing the flowers to Emma.
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma took the flowers, "These are lovely, thank you." Beast started in again about not trusting Velma. Emma agreed but decided to find out what she wanted. "We can go down to my office if you would like, it's more comfortable." Emma gave a warm smile. "Would you ike something to drink?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”I like what you did with the place.” Velma adds while following Emma to the office.

Into the Lion’s den. She thought.

”Drinking?”

“Oh, thank you! I already had my share tonight.”
    She adds amicably.

Thread carefully, this is her turf! Velma’s eyes kept appraising her surroundings, both admiring Emma’s work and searching for something too out of place.
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma gestured to a seating area of comfortable chairs around a low table with a vase of tulips. Emma slipped the flowers from Velma into the vase along with the tulips. "So, What can I do for you this evening. I am sure we are both aware that you weren't 'just in the neighborhood' nor are you just stopping by." Emma cocked a brow. "I am aware that you do not think of me as a companion of any sort." Emma may have been more blunt than intended but she and Velma were so different. Emma was bookish and loved the quietness funeral home, Velma prefered crowds and attention.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

The songstress quietly took her seat around the table. For a moment she just observed but after Emma spoke Velma just stood there silent, maybe slightly of put by the bluntness of the Savage…

Young savage, what you don’t understand you charge ahead and pray it breaks before you do… Velma sighs and then smiles kindly as if she understood what Emma was going through.

”Well, you’ve got me all figured out Emma. I give in!” The songstress raises her hands conceding defeat, grinning just slightly.

”Just before I answer you, please, allow me to ask you something…” The succubus lowers her hands and rests them over the chair’s arms.

”What do you think I came here to do?”
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma quietly sat with a smile on her face looking very calm. The image of Velma on the conference room table flashed through her mind. Velma was capable of anything, Emma needed to remember that. "Frankly, I don't know why you came here tonight. Pehaps you would care to enlighten me?" Emma folded her hands in her lap. Poison, daggers, more mind scrogging? Emma's lip twitched as she held back a giggle. For some strange reason she actually was glad Velma stopped by, it was fun watching her weave her... stories, lies, half-truths, true truths? That was the thing, one never knew with her and that was interesting in an otherwise boring world.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma chuckles lightly when Emma answers.

“Oh, don’t take me wrong, but that wasn’t really an answer was it?” She moves her hand upwards and backwards while still holding the chair’s arms.

”Doesn’t matter, I didn’t came here to play either… in fact what brings me here is important, at least for me.” The songstress wipes away any traces of her previous chuckle keeping only a show of politeness.

The succubus waits a moment before proceeding, as if thinking about the best way to approach the subject.

”Do you really know what happened in that room all these months ago?” there is seriousness in her question, as if it was meant to put Emma in context.
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma could pretend she didn't know what Valma was talking about but why play games. "What happened in that room was none of my business. I was not asked to clean the mess after so it was little concern to me." Emma answered. This was all true and if Dillion had wanted her to know what was going on he would have said something. Emma was just happy that she could see the aftermath, it made her feel better. Petty...yes. Childish....yes. Satisfying...yes. Win-win in her book. And no lasting harm was done. Emma tilted her head. "However, I assume you will be telling me your side of the story?" Emma asked with a touch of honest curiosity. Why would Velma want to tell her anything about the incident? What did she really want from Emma?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread