I booked it from the Raven like it was on fire! Did I go feral on their asses? That shit's heavy... Someone came out to check on them, he sounded mad... Bet the ambulance won't make it fast enough to stop that fat fuck's internal bleeding. Ha! That's a good one.

Cackling like an old crow all by herself in the dark Lori realizes she'd traveled and amazing distance in a short amount of time. Her undead body feels drained. It felt like she had been jolted to life by lightning for a moment and ran at full capacity until the charge wore out.

Looking around she puts it together that she's in an alley, there was a door in front of her. She tries it, its locked, of course. Nothing a bobby pin and a heavy fist wouldn't fix. She bends the pin straight, sticks it in the keyhole and pokes it around feeling how the innards of the lock are arranged. Its an easy one. She can feel the tumbler and she carefully sneaks the pin under it. CLICK! It slides back after she applied some pressure. She tries the door again, still locked, guess it didn't go all the way back. She slams her shoulder into the door and it pops open. She discovered it was a back door to a bar, probably for employees to use on cigarette breaks. Daring a peek inside she finds that no one could hear her break in over the music.

The bar's walls are covered with all sorts of random sports memorabilia and pointless crap like some cheesy chain restaurant. The bartenders are even forced to wear little flashing pins with beer ads on them. The weird thing was they were blaring some rap/hip-hop song that bars with dance floors play to get drunk girls to shake their stuff.

Wow, this place is douchebaggy... Sounds like someone here is trying to have fun at least.

It took a moment to take in all the stuff tacked to the wall. She slowly scans it all over it with a amused look on her face.

Hey, look at that..They actually cleared enough space on the wall for something useful.

There was a petite blond over by a touch screen that seemed to be scrolling album covers at the touch of her soft little fingers.

Ah, there you are. Did you get dragged here by some one boring? A boyfriend maybe. Need some EXCITEMENT!?

The girl she's watching turns away from the screen after picking another song.

You're coming over here? No.. There he is... Mr. Boring. Nice hair cut, you have your mom give you that?

'Oh, hey babe. I know you wanted to go shake your ass at the club but I'm just not comfortable with that kind of outward behavior.'

Pfft, loser...

The girl gave her boyfriend a kiss, told him that she'd be right back, asked if he would watch her purse, and approached the bar. Has a couple of words to the bartender, probably setting up the next round of drinks for her and her company.

I bet I know where you're off to...

Lori heads for the bathrooms and stands at the last sink. Looking at herself in the mirror made her realize that there were still specks of blood on her from the fight. Her clothes and hair looked pretty ragged to.

She has to trust you...Think of something sad...

There isn't much that gets to a cold, hardened, predator. She tried thinking of dead puppies, lost babies, forgotten velvet rabbits, and countless other things with no avail. It was when she started to remember how it felt to be alive that she started to feel emotional. The sun, frightening as it is to her now, seemed beautiful back then. Something in her missed it despite the overwhelming fear of it. What little blood she had left fueled real tears to fall and just as they started the door of the ladies room swung open.

Perfect... You can almost hear it falling into place.

The girl was immediately concerned. She came straight over to Lori and started fussing over her.

"What's the matter? Are you alright?"

Getting in closer the girl noticed all the blood, "oh, god, you're hurt. Should I call an ambulance?"

Lori just kept crying, her head bend down her hands pawing at the tears.

"Hey hon, it'll be ok..." The girl put her soft little hand on Lori's muscular shoulder.

Got ya'!

The sobbing stopped and the girl only leaned in to try to see Lori's face beneath her hands. She was grinning. It frightened her prey, the girl started to back away and her ears were filled with Lori's riotous laughter.

Lori reached out, grabbing for the locks of flowing gold hair and came up with a hand full of it. She pulled the girl off her feet by her hair, laughing the whole time. Then she slammed her face against the sink in an attempt to knock her out. It didn't work. It only made the girl scream and kick. Lori had to put a stop to it. She slapped her hand over the girl's mouth and dragged her into a stall by the hair.

As the girl struggled in Lori's strong grasp she leaned in close, "aren't you a nice little thing.. Coming in and helping me," she hissed it like a hungry snake to a mouse that's wrapped in its coils. "Well I don't need your charity." The blond thrashed and tried to scream some more but it was useless - the Kindred's grip felt strong as steel and all her screams were muffled by Lori's cold palm. It made her laugh to see the girl's fear.

"Don't worry, nothing bad ever happens in places like this."

Lori uses the lingering effects of the blush to take in a deep breath of the girl's sweet scent. Touch of Pink, so girly.

So sexy...

She bites the soft, lovely skin that her kiss had previously graced. This girl's blood seemed sweeter some how. Lori told herself that it was the hunger from being in frenzy.

Not the girl..She's just another mouse.

Lori left her in the stall, with her heart still beating, though pumping a feeble about of vital fluid. Licking the wound closed was a hard decision, she wanted every last drop of that sweet blood. The Beast had made her greedy.

My turn to pick a song...

Leaving the bathrooms she went over to the touchscreen and scrolled through the songs. No one seemed to have noticed the commotion in the bathroom, the blond's choice of music ensured that.

A whole damn dollar for this shit? Unbelievable... And there's hardly any good music in this thing!

Picking the first good song she came to, she fished a dollar out of her jeans and fed it to the machine. Just then she noticed -him- out of the corner of her eye and turned to look at him. That wicked little grin coming to her again. Her song came on as the last track ended.

Lori's Song Choice

Lori left the bar knowing the girl would wouldn't remember much of what happened with that bump on her head. The boyfriend was clueless, he just kept checking his watch and drinking his mixed drink. Lori took a bus and started the search for a good bit of earth where she could sleep the day away.