Ended
Watch

(On the Trail) Folsom Ghost Town Blues

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

Marty and Todd had driven out of Sacramento and through Citrus Heights to reach Folsom.

Parking up at Folsom along Trader Lane at the dark and quiet rear of the historic Sutter Street district they took time to relax and check their cell-phones.

After a few moments Marty began to fiddle impatiently with the various items of exploration kit in his backpack.

Todd, meanwhile, checked his phone to see if there was word from Aileen. They'd arranged to meet and keen to see if she'd cancelled.

Marty was pretty sure the beautiful Coffee Shop Aileen didn't exist. Just another of Todd's tall-tales; so he checked his battery level on his phone and reviewed the printed-out map of the location of the old Wells Fargo Bank.

Todd looked up from his phone and tried to picture Sutter Street as it had been over a century ago.

Folsom was larger, more famous now...thanks to Johnny Cash...but Todd had an eye on more on the mysteries the bank possibly held than lingering thoughts on Cash or the prison.

@Bigpaw
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

While she cared little about Urban Exploring, Aïleen cared about feeding. It was an inconvenient fact of her nature that she had to feed, and she wanted to do it as efficiently and effortlessly as possible. A gang of Urban Explorers could do a very convenient addition to her herd in her opinion, and so there she was, driving toward Sutter St, Folsom, wearing sturdy clothes and boots, with a maglight and gloves in a backpack...

The Mekhet parked on Trader Lane as agreed with Todd, and cut off her engine. She got out of her vehicle, and grabbed her backpack, and took the phone to dial Todd's number.

"Hi Todd, it's Aïleen. I'm parked, you're nearby ?" she asked while turning on herself, looking for anyone who would answer her call, or wave her.

Martha Villiers

PRE

A warm breeze lifts some dust on the sidewalk.

Todd and Marty look to each other as Todd's phone rings.

"Aileen! Hi! Yep..." he can be heard to be walking and a few moments later he appears from the dark alley at the side of the old bank, carefully waving to Aileen.

"I can see you now." he smiles, turning to nod Marty as if proving his friend's silent suspicions very wrong.

Another discreet wave from the shadows of the alleyway at the side of the Wells Fargo bank. Aileen can be seen to be dressed in sturdy clothes. Boots. Gloves. Army fatigues. Backpacks.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Turning a bit to her side till she saw him move, Aïleen idly wondered what it would be like to the Sight. She waved the mortal back, and hung up, before resolutly walking toward him. As soon as she was nearby, she shook his hand with a broad smile.

"Hiya Todd, how are you doing ?" and she then turned to the other man, extending a hand too. "Hi, I'm Aïleen, pleased to meet you."

Martha Villiers

PRE

The three meet amid the shadows of the lonely and quiet street.

Todd was delighted to see Aileen and beamed a smile in return. Shaking her offered hand.

Marty offered his hand while shifting the weight of his backpack about. It's an awkward, but friendly, gesture.

"Hi, Aileen, I'm Marty. Pleased to meetcha."

Todd is just about to add something when Marty jumps in with;
    "...you done this sort of thing before?" as he scopes out her choice of clothes. His inspection has an air of satisfaction though.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

"Marty." she replied with a greeting nod.

His question wasn't unexpected in the least, and she had no intent to hide anything, quite the contrary. The more harmless they'll think she is, the better. "No, never. I hope you won't mind if I tag along ? I'll try not to be too much of a bother." and she gave her most innocent smile.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Dazzled by Aileen, both Todd and Marty exclaim in unison, "Oh, you'll be no bother!"

Sharing a smile and trying to keep their laughter down to a whisper; Todd and Marty soon begin to get their expedition underway. Taking great care to wear gloves they handle all their kit with caution and try to keep the noise down.

"Just stick with us..." Marty smiles with a hushed, but friendly, tone.

Todd and Marty begin to move over to study the exterior walls of the bank. Then the windows.

It's quickly clear they are both trying to find a way in and keeping hidden in the shadows from the street.

If Aileen wishes to help...and Todd and Marty probably would be pleased to see her join in...then she can make a Per+Investigation roll...

Aileen can also deploy Dream Vision too, if she wishes...

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

OOC

The petite Mekhet smiled and nodded, but otherwise kept silent, glad that she seemed to be readily accepted in their company. Taking her cues from them, she mimicked their attitudes as best she could. Hiding in shadows came easily to her, and she didn't have to push herself to stick with the young men. Nor to find a way in from the street either. She prodded Todd on the shoulder, and pointed out her idea to him, all in silence.

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Aileen makes her way closer to the bank, she looks up to the sky (why she felt the need to do this, she may never be certain) but as she does so Aileen can identify, bold against the sky painted by the afterglow of city lamplight, the unmistakable shape of an eagle soaring aloft in the warm night air.

While Marty was briefly out of sight and making certain that the back door wasn't open, Aileen looked down from the majestic eagle and saw a small open window along the wall. Maybe someone had left the window open for ventilation. However it was so, and the aperture was small enough she felt she might be able to squeeze through...

Todd, alerted to it by her gesture, nodded as he tried to assess his own chances of getting in.

"I don't think I'd get in there..." his voice trailed off as he noted Aileen's more slender physique.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

A soaring eagle... again... Aïleen shuddered at the sight. How not to understand the Omen it was ? But was it an ill omen, or a good one ? The Mekhet had only one way to know, and to get rid of those uncontrolled Dreams plaguing her. She had to push forward.

She had noticed too how she, and only she, seemed to fit into the opened window... steeling herself, she nodded to Todd. Her voice may well have been shaking, but he would probably put it on another emotion, which suited her just fine for now. "But I will. Give me a leg up, please." she said as she walked toward it.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-20 14:12:53 Aïleen rolls 4 to Dex 2 + Athletics 2 (10 Again) 9, 5, 4, 10, 6 2 successes

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread