Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
A Side Conversation

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

“We still have leads to follow." Kite mentioned the point as he stared straight ahead, his mind clearly focused. "I’m still fairly sure that Triquetra was driving a car when she was abducted… and now that we know it was her, we might be able to find it… provided that we know which alias she was driving it under” he suggested. “And not to beat a dead horse, but I still would like to rule out CYS - that amateur sleuth organization that stomped through the crime scene that very morning... supposedly for their 'game.'” Kite turned his head aside as he frowned in exasperation. “They arrived at the scene far too quickly for my taste. I mean.... I suppose there is an outside chance it could be a coincidence, but I would really like to know the origin of the supposed ‘clue’ that sent them there." Still frowning, clearly far from satisfied, Kite turned in turn to each person at the table. "I know it's not much, but I think that - at this moment - investigating CYS holds the greatest promise... provided that you don't turn up anything new.” he added to Halo.

“Before I forget,” Kite added, almost as an afterthought, “could I please hear the voice mail message that was left on the phone? I would like to hear it at least once… just so I can rule out some of the older thoughts and ideas I've been considering…”

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo started with a simple smile and a "Hey" to his fellow Thuergist. Something was bothering him but Leo had the sense not to ask him here.

Leo slid the phone down the table to Kite. "Why don't you and Hypnos investigate the CYS? Call me crazy, but I think we can pursue more then one lead at a time."

He turns to Animus next. "As for Triquetra herself, If you know how to find her where would you propose we start?"

It wasn't that Leo wanted to split the group up, but he wasn't convinced Kite and Animus were capable of cooperating over a prolonged investigation. Animus had only just arrived and they had already butted heads. Plus there was the very real possibility that Triquetra might be dead, and Leo had no way of predicting how Animus might respond to that revelation. The thought of giving Animus a friend to direct his rage into was a risk Leo decided they didn't need to take.

Leo starts to turn back to Halo, but then turns back to Animus. "Actually, Kite has a point. Triquetra was walking somewhere because her car got a flat. Do you know what she drove or the ID on her tags?"

R
    Rinny

Hypnos was a little taken back by Leo's idea. "Investigating an entire organization like that...uh, well..." She hesitated for a moment, looking briefly to Kite, then back at Leo. "You've got a point...We have a fairly sizable-ish group of people here, so I think that yeah, it would be a good idea to split up...what kind of a group is it? Just a bunch of wannabe Sherlock Holmes types?" Her hands were on her face now, elbows touching her knees as she bent over them. "Or are they fairly capable? What if things go south? Are they thuggish?" Hypnos was full of questions now.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The sleuths, always the sleuths. Why should they be the most important piece? He spares a low growl for Kite before forcing his attention back to Leo, offering a quick description of the car: make, model, color, and the small snatch he remembered from the license plate.

He shakes his head, fidgeting at the need to stop talking and actually do something. And he knew what; however hard, however uncertain. "I'm going to scry for her."

The Shaman takes a deep breath, trying to calm his uncertainty. Distance is nothing. All life is intertwined. For now, he needed the focus of Atlantean, no matter how restrictive it felt. Words of High Speech come to his tongue haltingly from disuse, but the act draws his consciousness away from the surroundings, helping to set the mental image of his beloved.

2 suxx to scry Triquetra; -2 mana, 1 rB from backlash
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-02 13:47:52 Animus rolls 5 to Gno + Spa + HS - 4 (known) -1 'dox (10 Again) 8, 2, 8, 5, 6 2 successes
    2013-08-02 13:47:11 Animus rolls 3 to 'dox (10 Again) 7, 10, 2, 6 1 success

As the sounds of Animus’ halting chanting seems to fill the room echoed only by the Wolf Howl that Ripped through the room, resounding in the ears of the Mages present. Before the Thrysus, and to anyone who currently has Space Sight up a silver disk opens in the air in front of him.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

No. Tears stream down the Thysrsus' face, as he curls up in his chair, overwhelmed with grief and pain. He wanted to scream, plead with the others, just say something. But his throat constricted with the turbulent emotions, and his voice failed him completely. He couldn't ...

Deep within him, something primal awakens, tearing at the Supernal, demanding that the higher realms obey. The wolf's howl again cuts through the room, as a second spell screams after the first before rapidly vanishing. Animus remains huddled up, sobbing brokenly, seemingly oblivious to his surroundings.

second spell; -1 mana, rB from backlash
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-02 15:49:48 Animus rolls 11 to Gno + Lif + 2 Dest - 4 (known) - 1 'dox (10 Again, WillPower) 6, 9, 5, 9, 6, 6, 3, 9, 4, 1, 7 3 successes
    2013-08-02 15:48:15 Animus rolls 4 to 'dox + 1 (10 Again) 5, 1, 6, 9 1 success

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo pulls out a handkerchief, placing it on the table in front of Animus. The feeling of concern for Animus and Triquetra shifts to general concern at the second wolf howl.

'And the second spell was for?'

"Animus, we need to know what you saw." Though Leo was trying to remain calm, there was a growing sense of urgency as Animus's sobbing continues. "Is she alive? What condition is she in? And Do you know where she is?"

S
    Sabeleth

"Don't mention it man. Me too." Halo waved away Animus' attitude, feeling he didn't need to pick a fight over it. Of course then all hell felt as if it was breaking loose.

He knew what it all meant. Another murder, this time one of his own, not that he knew her. A little shard of rage crystallized in Halo's heart as his need to beat these fuckers became a thing he could touch.

"Shit. Someone's gonna pay..."

Vigil
    Moros, Adamantine Arrow

Words. He could tell the others were making a fuss, but it was all a blur. He wanted, needed to tell them what he'd seen, but the emotional backlash held him too deep in its clutches, and the only sounds that escaped his throat were more choked sobs. Eyes still scrunched shut, he turns his face desperately toward Kite, index finger tapping his own temple, his entire body trembling.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo looks from Animus to Kite ( DaveJ ).

"I think that gesture is meant for you."

Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread