THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael also greets Callum with a handwave as the man comes in and then turns back to Martha:

"I suppose William or some other employee will announce the start to keep things orderly."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Skeleton Keys: Closet

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 4/11
    Willpower: 1/4
    Health: [][][][][][][]

Skeleton Keys: Cotouri

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 6/11
    Willpower: 3/4
    Health: [_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    Current Vitae: 10/11
    Willpower: 4/4
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Curiosity..." Hildegarde shrugged: naturally for once. "I simply noticed the place and stepped inside for a peek. Now... I like the ambience. Yes. Yes, I do."
    Blood Potency 3|Vitae 11/1|Willpower 4/4|Health 7/7| Doll Face

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling to @William Evans and nodding to @Michael Redfill ; Martha decided to make her Masquerade worthwhile and tried the refreshing tea.

Sipping daintily at the drink she offered a satisfied smile to William and spent time quietly watching the various musicians on stage playing and singing. Watching Michael and hoped to gauge his feelings about the other artists and the overall mood of the event.

After a time the small creature took time to applaud when appropriate and tried to work up her courage to join them on stage.

Hoping her thoughts of Dillon would embolden her efforts. She wanted to do well.

"I...I suspect I should step up...as they say...and sing! Wish me luck, please!" she smiles to Michael. Grabbing her cane she limped to the stage and spoke with one of the young lady's there; borrowing a tambourine.

Martha took to the mic and, using the borrowed tambourine as her only and simple accompaniment, she sang a passable and sensible lo-fi version of 'Closer' by the Kings of Leon with a vocal style reminiscent of Mazzy Star.

It would never set a stadium alight with passion, but it did the job and got things moving.

"Stranded in this spooky town,
    Stop-lights are swaying and the 'phone lines are down.
    This floor is crackling cold,
    He took my heart,
    I think he took my soul.
    With the moon I run,
    Far from the carnage of the fiery sun.

Driven by the strangle of veins,
    Showing no mercy, I'll it again.
    Open up your eyes.
    You keep on crying, baby,
    and I’ll bleed you dry.

Skies - they blink at me.
    I see a storm bubbling up from the sea
    And it's coming closer..."

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-29 13:16:28 Martha Villiers rolls 13 to sing something (Pre+Music+SL+equip+not capped by Humanity) = 10 (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 5, 10, 7, 5, 7, 6, 5, 7, 7, 3, 3, 1, 2 1 success

Taking time to dip a modest curtsy and returns her instrument to Lisa the Tambourine lender and then the audience before limping hard and heavy back to her seat...

Someone had to be first, so... -1 Willpower to help try to make this work as that DR seems determined to lock onto low score results!
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Joseph Hartman
    Joseph Hartman

PRE

"MMA mostly. My father would take me to see fights when I was younger." James replies to the former champion. Callum McCann Taking a glance back at William, James shifts to face Callum.

"The new stuff is more people friendly. More sanitized." A small grin creeps across James's face.

NOS
    PRE

Brenn Lawrence trundled into the Temple, dressed all in black, a beret with a silver, fist shaped pin replacing her traditional beanie. She froze momentarily, jaw clenching as unfamiliar beasts met hers, but after a moment and a shake of the head she moved towards the counter.

"S'cuze me, pardon me...was an accident, just going to sign up," she offered as she bumped her way towards the clipboard. Once at the front of the line she grabbed the clip board and stepped off to the side so she wasn't blocking the flow of business. A fountain pen was produced, her name and act signed, and then the board was back on the counter. "Here, look, I'm a paying customer," Brenn quipped to William, throwing a wrinkled twenty on the counter. "Use it to pay for somebodies order, I don't care," she continued, waving a hand vaguely before moving to an empty table. Once she had a seat, she took a chance to look around, her eyes alighting on the Herald.

"Miss Villiers, hey! I'm sorry to have missed you on stage," she called, waving a hello.

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hildegarde inhaled the aroma of her tea before lifting the cup to her lips. "You mentioned you were impressed by the marketing technique? Are you in business yourself?" The Lord pressed, glancing inquiringly over her tea cup. The effect was ruined as she abruptly broke her pose to nod and smile appreciatively as tiny Martha held the stage.

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Unmistakably disappointed with the famous man's decision to ignore her, Claire brushes it off to continue her conversation with Hildegarde. "I work in finance, actually. There is a connection, of course, to such places as these, but I handle larger clients. And larger sums of capital. And yourself?"

Hildegarde Bingen,
    The Liberated Puppet
    Hildegarde
    Scene Info

Blood Potency 3

Blood Potency 3
    Resilience Active

Theatre Night

Blood Potency 3
    BLUSH Active

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh." Hildegarde sounded impressed, if not completely awed. "Me? I am idle rich. I was a trophy wife." Her lip curled in distaste. "But your ... ah... profession sounds very interesting."

S
    Sabeleth

James' comment elicited a wry smile from Callum. "Your Dad huh? Nice. Yeah, the new stuff makes for some amazing athletes. Not sure I'd say there's much that's ultimate about it though." Unless you liked watching men hugging each other, which to be fair some people did.

He couldn't help but pause his conversation when Martha appeared on stage to sing. It was a fun take on the song and he gave her an enthusiastic round of applause when she finished.

The gesture from Ms Tunt was returned. They'd never spoken before but she seemed to have been interested by his tea comments. Since she was in conversation with Hildegarde already, Cal decided to give her time to converse before going over. Besides, he hadn't spoken about his fighting career for a while now, and this guy seemed interested. He gave Claire Tunt a nod and indicated he'd be over for a chat shortly.

OOC:

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael takes a few deep breaths and steps up to the mic after Martha:

"This is one of my favorite melodies for the panflute. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do."

Just barely managed not to screw up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-08-04 09:57:24 Michael Redfill rolls 8 to play Flight of the Kondor (Pre + Expr + Equip + Willpower) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 2, 6, 1, 3, 2, 4, 4 1 success

The doctor manages to keep himself from frowning as he plays: apparently tonight is the night of mediocre performances. The notes come out right, but the feeling is nowhere near the one produced by Zamfir playing El Condor Pasa. Distraught, he steps off the scene, mentally wishing the next performer better luck.
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread