Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Open Mic at the Temple

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

William was working the counters at the Midtown Temple that night, he and only one other Barista were present that night but at least it was relatively quiet, for a night with an open mic set up. It was something new the Dutch-styled coffee shop was trying, he was okay with it, since it promoted local talent, and let him play soft music that he liked instead of the shitty mainstream that one of the other managers liked.

The black of his uniform and apron was complimented by the glasses on his nose and the coffee in his hand. He worked quickly and efficiently, each motion a piece of his own personal art.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Open Mic night! Something guaranteed to grab Martha's attention. Armed with a few decks of cards in her satchel...just in case the Muse takes her to show a few card tricks...she makes her way to see what's on at the Temple!

Tiny Martha limps into the Temple and looks around...trying to see whom is around...trying to identify the music...
    is that Widowspeak that was playing or the Cowboy Junkies...perhaps Mazzy Star?

She decided to ask someone soon and silently hoped Ariel Pink would be absent from the playlist...and looked to spot where the fire exits are.
    Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly...yes, she'd admit it..."Hipster" style...spectacles are perched daintily on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip which shows her crossed legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

A swift glance would reveal that most of her left leg is obviously a C-Leg prosthetic. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. She wears a useful looking school satchel and carries a simple metal walking cane. Though smelling of minty toothpaste and lemonade, she's shunned more obvious cosmetics.

She emits no Beast but and has invoked her Blush of Life.

Her petite presence may seem almost palpably sweet and innocent.

Limping over to the counter she offers William a shy, even gentle, smile and inspects the menu.

-1 Vitae for Blush of Life

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)
    Aspect of the Predator active outside Elysia

PRE

Michael arrives shortly after Chrisie. As always, he has an expensive dark Italian suit on him. What is different about him this night is a wooden case he carries. And the fact that the doctor appears to be quite nervous.

Walking inside, he spots the Herald and immedeately starts moving towards her. Waving his free hand he greets Martha with a smile:

"Miss Villiers, it's great to meet you here!"

-1 Vitae for Blush, Aspect of the Predator is on
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1
    Aspect of the Predator active everywhere because Deputy
    Status(Academia) 3 (PhD Scholar)
    Sanguine Scribe of Terror
    Default Vitae: 9/10

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha grips hard at her cane as she sense Michael's proximity. She tries a shy smile. "Good...good evening, sir!" she manages to squeak as her Beast is steadied.

"I...do hope you are well!" she offers sweetly. Her cheery demeanour returning after her Beast is calmed. She offers William another smile, then a swift glance to the box Michael is holding.

"Might I perhaps purchase a coffee for you, Doctor?"

She leans hard on her cane and peers happily at Michael over the rims of her spectacles.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael keeps smiling at Martha as he is slowly considering the safety of the neighbourhood and how abundant the hunting opportunities are in the area. In the end he decides that the dubious pleasure of throwing up isn't worth wasting some of his last Vitae.

Well, at least I can smell something and be too taken in by the conversation to actually drink.

"Oh, yes, quite well! Coffee makes me unable to slip though. Perhaps an 'Apple pie with crust' cocktail instead? I really like the smell of cinnamon in the evening." - he smiles somewhat mischievously.

"So, can I expect to hear you singing tonight? I hear you are quite good."
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blushes at Michael's suggestion people think she's perhaps worth listening to. With these raised expectations, she giggles merrily and modestly "Ah...well...with that in mind, Doctor, I might be tempted to sing!" and then she happily turns to William Evans

"Sir..." she asks William politely, "...may I have an apple pie crust cocktail and a large Coke-Cola please? I wonder too, sir, how does one go about entering into the open-mic evening?" another sweet smile as she begins to sort through her school satchel for her purse, taking time to pay attention to William...after all, he seems like such a nice young gentleman.

The arrival of Customers never really bothered the Barista, as he continued cleaning, of course he gave them the necessary smile and greeting of “Welcome to the Temple at Midtown, if I can get you anything, just let me know.

Especially since it just wasn’t good service to become over interested in a customer when they were not ready; but also improper to not show that he knew they were there and he could help them at a moment’s notice.

Though the order was a bit sideways for the Best Local Coffee Shop in town.

The Open Mic has a sign up here,” The barista said as he pushed a clipboard forward.

And I’m sorry, Ma’am but we don’t have cocktails here or coke-cola. But, perhaps, could I interest you in our Silver Needle tea? It’s a classic white tea with that was hand picked the Fuding Da Hao tea variety from Fujian, China. It is one of our more popular teas.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blinks as her order is batted aside and a far more elite attitude to food is explained, she was struck by the idea of such exotic teas.

Nodding as William talks, Martha takes up the clipboard and smiles,
    "Silver needle tea? That sounds interesting! I should like a cup of that, please..." she uses her ballpoint pen to indicate one of the more lush looking pastry items for sale, "...and one of those, please, sir!" she smiles sweetly.

Having filled in her name Martha replaces the clipboard to the counter and sorts through her purse for the money to pay for the food and drink.

"Silver needle tea, eh? I can't wait to try it! You sound most expert, sir! Thank you for your advice!" she offers with obvious and genuine praise.

Michael Redfill
    Michael Redfill

Pre2 (scholarly)

PRE

Michael actually looks abashed at William's comment about the menu.

The Temple. Right. I should have ordered a bucket of vodka.

"Ah, I see. I'm afraid it's my first time here", - he smiels at the man apologetically. - "I will have red tea. Whichever blend you'll recommend."

He hesitates for a few seconds, before signing his name on the clipboard. He also writes down that he'll be playing "Flight of the Condor".

"I hope that you have no problem with someone playing a flute?" - he smiles playfully and opens the case he has with him, showing the contents to Martha and William.

The contents
    Pre2 (scholarly), BP1

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire was bored in Midtown again, and she needed an after dinner activity with which to set aside how annoying this Cow Town seemed to be so often. But tonight, her vision was graced with the sight of a flyer for some coffee shop entertaining musicians. Maybe she should convince herself to enjoy the local culture more. At least she was comfortably clothed in her favorite striped dress.

She got back in her Rolls Royce, not wishing to allow some fool the opportunity to force her to torture him, even legally. She did seem to enjoy admiring the perfect white leather interior more than the company of most people - maybe she needed a dog. Regardless, her night should proceed more easily without such worries or temptations, as she parked just outside the Temple. She smiled as she read the name again on the building itself. A prophecy? she thought to herself with a smirk. If she had not written off the entire notion of providence long ago, her musing might not be sarcastic.

Strolling into the shop, she cannot help but notice her wonderful acquaintances Dr Redfill and Ms Villiers were already there. This, of course, presented a quandary of etiquette - acknowledge the shopkeeper or her compatriots first? She nodded to each of them, seeking the eye contact of clear recognition, but proceeded first to the counter to place her order.

Stalking over like her self-importance dictated, she offered a polite and subtle wave to the man behind the counter as she came up, taking a sweeping glance over the menu before she asked, "Which tea would you recommend if I should like to relax and enjoy the show this evening?"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread