Smoking Passions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy didn't always repeat outfits but t wasn't like Passion had seen this dress before. And Kassidy had changed it up for the night, dying his hair back to it's original color and putting it up in a thick braid. He'd been eyeing a longer gown for the evening, but it was better to save such a thing for an Official Court.

He'd taken a cab there - walking wouldn't work for this location. Stepping into the building, he gave a pleasant smile to the concierge. "I'm with Erich Passions this evening."

Kassidy wasn't surprised when he was asked to wait. Either he'd gotten to the Lily before Mr. Passions, or they wanted to double check with him that Kassidy was indeed his guest. The more cynical part of him suggested another option, but he ignored it for now.

Mike

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich finally enters...

more than fashionably late.

"Kassidy glad you could make it. Let's grab a seat."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy raised an eyebrow, but stood and quickly joined the other Daeva. "Business run late?" He smiled, and debated slipping a hand onto Passion's arm, but the wealthier man hadn't offered, so Kassidy kept his hands on his clutch.

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich followed the hostess to a circular booth. Sliding in, he offered Kassidy a smile.

"Business always runs late. You don't make money without putting in the time. He chuckles at his own joke. "And I've put in lots of time."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy gives a nod, though his eyes drift towards the door that the Hostess was last visible through with a strained smile. Well, at least putting in time is easier since midnight curfews for 'colored' people became illegal...'

he shook of those cynical thoughts and focused on Erich, his smile becoming more genuine as he did. "Oh? And what were you working on if I can ask?" he paused, then added, "Or is 'who' a better word in this case?"

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich's eyes glimmer at the question.

"Making money of course...

Well in this case I was spending money to make it. Still working opening my country club. I never imagined this venture would be so time consuming when I stared... Ah well. Such is life."

He smiles at the man and leans back in his seat. "So tell me, what have you been working on since you moved here?"

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy gave a small shrug and shook his head. "Small things, mostly. I have a mortal job that I've been working on, nothing too strenuous, but I have room for improvement there. Ms. Keyes invited me to room with her, and I've joined a neighborhood watch in North Natomas." Kassidy kept his words on a Kine level, not quite sure how much privacy booth offered. Mr. Passions was most likely familiar enough with Real estate to recognize the neighborhood that most lined up with the Domain's Valencia region.

"Mostly, I've been settling in."

Angel of Darkness
    M

"Settling in..." The words roll of his tongue and seem to hang in the air for a moment as if he was studying their physical presence.

"An annoyingly time consuming task. Things can be so slow going at first in a new city. Making contacts, finding trustworthy associates, learning who your enemies are. It's a shameful, but necessary part of life. I'm a terribly inpatient man. A flaw I recognize. And one that commonly gets me in trouble."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy chuckled. "I'm quite fortunate that Cat and I have been friends for so long, it certainly cuts down on the time for that. Then again, I've never tried staying in one place long enough that I strictly had to. This is the first time I entered a city without any plans for leaving it."

Which was true, depressingly true. Kassidy had gone from planning to runaway from Efraim, to realizing that the old Jewish gangrel had his own reasons for changing cities like the Kine might change bedsheets and simply resigning to be dragged around with The Bear. Somehow, Kassidy still couldn't reconcile that Efraim was Spanish when he had choosen the ability to turn into, of all things, a Bear.

"Bit unfortunate that impatience causes you so much trouble... Tell me more about this country club of yours and the work you're doing? you must be eager to open the doors."

Angel of Darkness
    M

Erich smiled.

"Eager is an understatement. I'm tired of spending money on the place and am looking forward to making some. But the timing must be perfect. That's the way it is business, much like a courtroom. Timing is everything. Perhaps I could find a use for you there..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread