Watch

A Meeting of Egos

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Ms. Claire Tunt arrived precisely at the time and place when and where Ms. Ashley Cohen had indicated, bringing her Rolls Royce to a halt in an appropriate parking spot. With her in the car, a professionally dressed and humbly non-eccentric Asian American woman of about 30 years of age waited. They both sat in silence, waiting for a sign of the blonde Carthian, and hoping for a pleasant evening.

At least, they hoped it was not going to be horrible.

She knew she need not bother with instructing Ms. Park to remain utterly silent unless otherwise noted - that would be obvious enough from the mood Claire was in. Pensive, contemplative, and enjoying the silence of that evening.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    (Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

[ri]http://www.laluxurycarrental.com/fleet/Bentleygtc/LARGE/(L)2013%20Bentley%20GTC.JPG[/ri] A sleek Bently pulls up next to the parked Royce. The engine remains running as the driver begins to get out to open the door for Ashley. Before he even has a chance, she halts him with a wave of her hand. Ashley leans up, putting a foot onto the leather seat and quickly hops over the door of the convertible. She does not bother waiting for the driver of the Royce to open the door for her as she enters into the backseat with her cousin.

"Good evening!" Ashley says with a quick wave. "I hope my directions were not too hard to follow..."
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Claire relaxes entirely in the exquisitely appointed interior of her crisp, black and white vehicle. She eyes the Bentley, and the apparent Chauffeur, before remarking, "I had thought your party line was all about egalitarianism, was it not? I think I prefer your interpretation to others I have heard."

"And a very good evening to you, as well. We had no problem in the least, actually. It was a relaxing ride. Now, pray tell me, where should we begin?"
    Her eyes find Ashley's, then regard her manicure, before turning back again to her companion for the evening's conversation. She regards her with a mixture of curiosity, and the sort of self importance of someone who was wondering what this 'young upstart' wanted.

The Interior

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley clasps her hands together, as there is not much need to make this all last longer then it has to.

"Well down to business..." Ashley glances over to Claire, as her hands drop down to rest upon her knees. "Do you have any interest in becoming more resistant to our family's charm?"

Before Claire can respond she holds up a finger. "There is more..."

"We have been afraid to teach others, because we are afraid they may turn it back upon us; Fear is a weakness." Ashley smirks, giving a soft shrug.

"Picture us trading a secret that we have developed a resistance to. We would gain a lot more than we would lose...and none would be any wiser." Ashley falls into silence, as she lets Claire consider the implications.

Social Combat

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

The light of contemplation is present in Claire's eyes as she silently contemplates Ashley's theatrical suggestion. Silent and still for a few brief moments, she speaks with her accent moderated as she does in formal environments.

"I know that my own sire was rather resistant to such things. I had expected to pick that up in time, but it is entirely possible I might wish to accelerate such a process. With such a serious matter as your second clause, I do hope you have long considered all aspects of your proposal already. I, however, do not go into business with incomplete data. Who else have you discussed this with, which, ahem, customers might you be interested, and when and where can this be brought into effect? Please do not be shy with any other relevant information."

Her tone is level and formal throughout, and her eyes remain on Ashley's just before, during, and after her little speech.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley cannot help but smile as shakes her head softly. "Now where would the fun in that be?"

"Do you not find it better on my end to keep such details privy? There is no telling who is already resistant and who is not. That alone, is enough to make a girl paranoid..."

Ashley places the palms of her hands together for a moment. "Questions...questions...questions..."

"Let me ask your. What would you have to gain or lose by accepting and what would you have to gain or lose by declining?"

Social Combat

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

"I must admit your proposal is fascinating, but if you can not be bothered to provide details that significantly limits my interest in any form of partnership with you. It is, however, worth noting that the position of Clan Priscus is presently open. If such a position should become mine, I would most certainly be more favorable to renegotiating the position of our Clan in such matters."

Claire feigned disinterest in her words as she spoke them, figuring her diction to be obvious enough that Cohen could not possibly misread them.

"Come now. Where is your sense of intrigue?" Ashley laughs softly. "I offer a gift and am kind enough to explain motivations behind it. Your return is to ask blatantly obvious questions?" Ashley shrugs it off. "Then I am kind enough to give you clarity in the strength of position I am approaching you from...And your illogical counter is a bid for Clan Priscus."

"Dear Cousin, I am at a loss."
    Daeva | Unaligned | BP • |Striking Looks •••• (Hottie) |Presence •••• (Adaptable) |Night Life| WP ¾

Claire Edmonton
    Claire Edmonton

PRE

Because, just as I should have suspected, you are a fucking idiot. Why pray tell should I do business with such a moron, you street filth bitch? Alas. How does one say such a thing politely?

Claire's thoughts proceeded through her mind, before she decided it was better to simply spell things out. "What you are asking would distinctly undermine the will of the previously Prince appointed Priscus. The Prince represents one of the principle individuals in this city with something to lose from what you suggest. If you expect me, Ms. Cohen, to undermine anything within one degree of separation from the will of His Highness for a lark with you and your plans, I should be offered every single detail of what, exactly, you intend to do. Should I clarify any points that may have eluded you thus far? Or should we proceed with more substantive conversation again?"

You mindless, pointless rebel without a cause,
    she pointedly left unsaid. She did not like to be rude, but certain situations did seem to tempt such a thing more than others.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley nods softly as her hands come to rest back upon her thighs. "You are under the assumption that this family maneuver will not be sanctioned. That really is the beauty of it all..."

"You are trying to look for details and are oblivious to the big picture. You are either resistant, as others are...or you are not."

Social Combat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread