Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Herald's Chamber: meeting...if anyone wanted one..

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

In the cellar vault beneath the Avalon nightclub, far away from the press of dancing Mortals, the lights are low.

Down in the cellar vault of the Avalon, away from the sweaty press of people and the nightclubs' bright lights it is quieter.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits on a couch within sight of The Stairs.

Martha is neatly attired in her usual modest English school uniform: a neat straw boater, a black blazer...a pair of scholarly spectacles are perched on the end of her nose, she wears a long gymslip which shows her legs to mid calf...her raven black hair is tied into two very long twin tails, each with the red ribbon bows.

A swift glance would reveal that most of her left leg is obviously a C-Leg prosthetic. She wears a white kneesock on her flesh leg and a pair of carefully polished black Oxford pattern shoes, a crisp white blouse is obvious where the Edwardian style gymslip reveals it, as is her red necktie tucked neatly into her gymslip. She wears a useful looking school satchel and a simple metal walking cane rests at her side. Though smelling of minty toothpaste and lemonade, she's shunned more obvious cosmetics for everything but bright red lipstick. The small creature is happily reading a copy of Hugo Young's "This Blessed Plot."

She emits no Beast but has shunned Blush of Life for the evening.

Her petite presence may seem almost palpably sweet and innocent.

Martha smiles to herself as looks up from her book to watch the Courtyard and keeps a careful eye on The Stairs...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy wasn't quite sure of his decision to see if the Herald was free for discussion tonight - for one thing, he didn't really have a point of business, just a collection of loose questions he'd collected over the last month and a desire to talk with the woman Catherine had talked so highly of. Regardless, he walked down below the Avalon to see if she was in her office, only to be surprised to find her on a couch in the open.

"Ah. Hello Herald Villiers. How are you tonight?" He gave a small bow and smiled. "I was actually hoping to get a chance to talk to you. Just small questions and nothing pressing, though." He straightens, and rubs his hands nervously on his pants

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha's attention had briefly returned to her book, as she detects the arrival of the fresh Beast, she looked up. Lay the book in her lap and rubbed hard, very hard, at her false knee joint.

She steadied a smile.

"Oh...oh, good evening...good evening..." she again refrained from any gender specific form of address until things became clearer.

As she studied Kassidy Martha made a small hand gesture and invited Kassidy to be seated in any chair he may select.

"Do please be seated! I do hope you are well!" she smiles sweetly, her confusing abating, her mood lifting.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kasidy noticed the odd gesture of her hand, but didn't comment, instead choosing a seat and offering a smile. "I am. Actually very well since Catherine offered me a place to sleep away my days. It's better than having to find a place on my own, and I've met the Circle... Ah, which brings up my first question, I suppose. I'm hoping to join the Circle, eventually, and, as I understand it their Temple is in Valencia? I'd like to look into ways to earn feeding rites there, considering."

Martha Villiers

PRE

As she watched Kassidy sit down Martha's mind was cast back to the days of Vaudeville and Music Hall and the long tradition of female 'male impersonators'...such as Miss Vesta Tilley, Miss Hetty King or Miss Ella Shields. Suddenly her various confusions melted away. She smiled and listened and nodded as Kassidy spoke,

"Ah...the Temple..." she nodded in familiarity, "...yes, I can see the requirement for you to have access to that Regency Zone."

As she spoke, Martha's hand now rubbed at where her stump might be.

"Hmmm...as you point out, Feeding Rights are typically awarded for having won the right by valour or meritorious service to the Domain or by promising to provide a more or less constant service to the Domain. As Valentia is under the control of His Grace the Duke, I wonder, while we discuss this matter..." she smiles sweetly, "did you have some service in mind?"

Her tone is one of being genuinely interesting rather than opening a cynical bargaining position.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy gave a hesitant nod. "Bailiff Sage -Keeper Sage now, I suppose - mentioned patrols. Though I think joining them is something I intend to do anyway. There's something else I might be able to help with... there's a bit of backstory though. Since about 1930 when I first came to America, I was travelling with a Gangrel named Efraim, who had been my Sire's haven-mate until she was ashed, and well, traveling is a bit of an understatement, we changed scenery almost every year. Thus, I tend to know a lot of people across America and Canada..." he trailed off, then shrugged.

"It's taught me how to pay attention to my surroundings. The motives of the people I'm talking to and to a certain extent, other domains." Not that it was an extraordinary service, there were likely plenty with such skills and connections. "Admittedly, that's not that impressive, but I feel a bit like earning feeding rights should be something a little different than what I'm most inclined to be doing."

He chuckled and rubbed at his neck and the side of his jaw. "Which would be the Patrolling. I'm used to earning things... physically, and safety tends to be one of those things that you can't collect for yourself and has to be secured for as many as possible..." he continued rubbing his jaw and chin, his hand eventually drifting to the other side with a clearly thoughtful look in his eyes.

Martha Villiers

PRE

This all made sense, though Martha hadn't been prepared for the amount of words she was to hear. She blinked and watched and listened with care. She smiled a lot though.

"Ah...I see! Well...we can always use such insight!" another smile and, once again, she rubbed at her stump, "your biography seems filled with unusual adventure! I have little doubt that such skills and experience will come in handy!"

"WIth this in mind, Kassidy, and this agreement in place, on behalf of His Grace the Duke, I shall exercise my prerogative and award you the Right to Feed and visit Valentia. Please make a plan to discuss with the Reeve the patrols of that Regency Zone. I daresay we can draw up a mutually sensible schedule." she smiles sweetly.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Kassidy gave a startled blink. "I... I have to say. I wasn't expecting to to be granted rites so soon. Thank you! I'll definitely contact Reeve Connery about patrols when I leave.... Uh... Hm. I believe that concludes the business I came with..." he looked a bit sheepish, than gave a crooked smile.

"Admittedly... I also wanted to talk with you because Catherine's spoke quite highly of you and quite often. If anyone else comes in with business I'd gladly leave, but if you have time I'd like a more relaxed conversation with you." He scrambled over his words in his attempt to reassure her that if she asked, he'd leave. He didn't want to be the kind of person who demanded anything from someone who didn't want to give it.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiles and seems happy. Content things can be solved so easily.

"Ah! How delightfully kind of her! Thank you! Well, I have time to talk now, Kassidy! What did you wish to speak upon?" she asks with interest; fascinated by trying to guess what topics may arise.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

The slight moorish man finds himself caught off guard for a bit, before recalling his encounter with Miss Star. "Ah! Well, I was recommended a while back to visit the Lilly and the Ember... I've met some of the girls who work at the Ember, so I know what that business is. However, What's the Lilly? Also... I couldn't help but feel like the person who recommended then was trying to self-promote a bit, is there someone who works at both?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread