Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Jose Chang's Hole in the Wall of Heaven

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9

Kaisa's face blanched and she gave a long blink, but after a moment she suddenly gave a sharp bark of a laugh. "Ouais! I've seen that before. That's pretty good, Nevada! Maybe I should take lessons from you. It would be useful to know how to do that. You must have had to practice that, non?"

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"I have to rely on softer methods. But I do seem to have had a number of phantasmal jealous lovers with violent tendencies always on their way to me," Mary replies with a wink to Nevada and Kaisa's exchange.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO PLEASE DON'T GET MAD!" The monkey quails in terror from the oppressive gaze of the winter courtier.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada started to respond to Kaisa, but Al's shouting distracted her. Immediately, her face softened. "Sorry, I wasn't actually mad at anyone; It was just a demonstration. Though. I don't think I could teach it to anyone." She shrank back, memories of her durance bubbling close.

"It's not a learned thing..."

"Oh...well, we all have our talents," she replied, more startled by Al's cry than anything else. A waiter, eyeing them strangely from the service stand, caught her attention and Kaisa shifted uncomfortably in her chair, unsure what to say and unsettled by the attention they were attracting.

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

Mary offered the wait staff a politely reassuring smile. No murders to see here, guv'na. She'll participate in some small talk for a little while longer before she feels the need to return home to Lou.

I believe our scene should come to a close.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin takes a few moments to recover, peaking out from behind his covered face that he had hidden behind a wall of arms.
    "Oh. Ok then. Sorry, but that was really really good!"
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

"It was...But it's probably time that I get on my way if I'm going to find Edna's today. Thanks for the company," Kaisa said, standing and digging a few bills out of her pocket. "If you ever find a place for singing and stories and such, let me know. Just send a message to the boarding house sometime." She counted out money for her part of the bill and then shouldered her duffel once again. She really should have found a better way to carry all her things, but there was too much for a pack and not enough to warrant a car. That's just the way of things, she thought, shrugging to settle the straps more comfortably.

"Take care," she called over her shoulder, passing out the door.

Kaisa exits the scene. Thanks for the thread, everyone!

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada smiled and nodded. "Thank you. Though I have to be going now, too. Perhaps I'll see you two around?" she follows Kaisa's example and leaves the money to pay for her meal on the table.

Nevada leaves the scene

Mary Lee
    Mary Lee

PRE

"Have fun, Al. Like you do," Mary remarks, on her way out the door and back home.

Mary exits the scene.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 5 6 7 8 9
Closed Thread