DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada was fighting off a roaring headache as she walked down the street. The headache had woken her up this morning with the determined pounding of someone trapped in a shrinking, sinking trunk. Twice the normal dose of painkillers later, is had settled into the rolling roar of the ocean. Insanely, the albino Chinese-American put on her tinted bifocals and braved the day… she had textbooks to buy.

She’d been trudging her way to the bookstore when the most amazing scent called to her from an open door. Ginger, Cumin, Chilis, peppers, five spice and slow-roasted meats wafted deliciously to her nose and Nevada took a look at the door. Painted on it were the words “Jose Chang’s”.

Nevada bit her lower lip and decided that she was hungry. She slipped in and sat down, picking up a menu and drooling over the dishes like General Tao’s Tacos, Jalapeno Wontons, soups, Sesame Burritos, Teas and more...

”I think I found heaven” she murmured as she tried to figure out her order.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"Sesame burrito extra spicy with 2 kung Pao Tacos!" A loud voice echoes behind Nevada as she struggles with the Menu. She notes that both of those orders are at the top of their respective sections.
    "And a coke! A big one!" He amends, before plopping down a lot of coins and small bills to try to pay for this delicious meal. She sees a big fluffy monkey tail swish back and forth, and large comical ears swinging along to the incessant bouncing his body is doing. He turns to her, a big smile on his face. "Hi! Sorry I cut you, but I was really hungry."
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada couldn't help but smile at the forceful cheer in his voice. "N-no, don't worry, it's fine. I'm still choosing..." She glanced at the money on the counter, all those quarters and ones... a busker? He was definitely a beast from his tale. And suddenly she realized that she hadn't hardened her mask today. She hadn't expected to meet any fellow changelings today, but she was fairly certain she'd caught a glimpse of this one at the Summer Coronation, so he might be safe.

So she turned back to her menu and looked through the items again, and waited until the waiter was ready to take her order. "I'd like the milk tea, and the Asada Chow Mein."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

Al-Adin bounces back and forth impatiently waiting for his food. It seems that the 6 mile run he just did has had absolutely no effect on his energy levels.
    Booooooooored.
    He turns back to the really really really white lady. "I'm Al-Adin, and i think I saw you the other day at the thing? What was your name?"
    There is a faintly percepible giggling of children as the monkey-man makes his introduction.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

The Fairest's smile freezes, falters, and droops at the sound of giggling children. Dizziness tries to drag her out of her seat, and her eyes blink in anticipation of tears -

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-09 21:22:48 Nevada Neige rolls 9 to Your mantle isn't making me panic (Manip+Subt+Spec+SL bonus) (10 Again) 6, 1, 1, 2, 2, 6, 7, 10, 2, 6 1 success

But then she's smiling brighter, sitting straighter leaning towards the excitably man and nodding enthusiastically before tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Yes! I thought I saw you too. I'm Nevada Neige." There's a chance he might notice such a dramatic shift, but she'd rather distract him from her distress.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

YAY! She's really friendly!
    Al-Adin's smile gets even wider, defying several statutes of physics, before he nods at her introduction. "Its really nice to meet you! I've never eaten here before, but this has got to be a great food idea, don't you think?" The Monkey-man continues to bounce, impatiently waiting for his food to arrive.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"It definitely smells amazing." She flashed a broad grin, continuing with the lie that everything was fine for her. "So what were you just doing to work up so much of an appetite?" The albino leaned forward a bit more and rested a calming hand on the bouncing man's arm. The grin softened into a warm and inquisitive smile.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

Al-Adin nods, taking a deep smell himself. He grins happily.
    "Oooh, I run. A lot. Lets see. Ummm, I started over by sac state on the north side, then ran a couple miles into midtown so I could get high up enough to run on the roofs, then I did some flipping jumping sliding fun stuff on the roofs for a few hours, before I got hungry, so I followed my nose for a while and found myself here!" He gesticulates wildly, demonstrating the turns and jumps and slides with whole body effort.
    "Order up!" Al-Adin's hands grab for the food snake-quick, and he carries his tray over to a table. "Do ou want to eat with me? What do you like to do? Do you run? Or maybe something not exercisy? Like dancing?" Al-Adin congratulates himself as he remembers to ask about something that other people like to do. Nightfall liked to dance, a long time ago. And he was a winter too!

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Nevada's eyes widen in surprise as he excitedly talks of his run as a child might speak of adventure. A pang stabs at her heart, half guilt and half fear of herself tears at her, but to give up and leave this conversation in such a state is unacceptable.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-11 00:39:06 Nevada Neige rolls 9 to Lying again (10 Again) 4, 2, 10, 4, 9, 3, 5, 2, 6, 4 2 successes
    She soldiers on, tucking her pain and concerns behind engaged cheer. "Sure, that sounds good. I don't run, but I do like reading, and camping. I'll be going to Sacramento State College for the fall semester."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Oooh, camping. I haven't done camping outdoors in a while. We should go camping sometime! It'll be fun. And you go to Sac State? They have a really nice campus, lost of green stuff and cool buildings. What are you going to be learning there?" Al-Adin asks, before tearing into his tacos, letting the flavors of the burrito meld together just a bit longer.
    "Mmm, so good. Is your food ready yet? Do you want a taco while you wait?" He offers his other taco to her.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread