Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Running in Granite Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Nova stretched on the side of the running path. Technically it was a dog run path, but she really wasn’t being too picky, she hadn’t tried running, really running since she had returned from...there. Instead she hoped that since she kept meeting people at Granite Park she might be able to find someone.

Besides Al-Adin had said something about running before, maybe he would show up in his giggle-induced manner and race around the track. But then maybe she would trip and shatter into a million million pieces of china.

There was always that fear.

It would be fun to run with someone though.

That way someone could pick up the pieces if she broke.

2suxx to make up
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-28 22:34:18 Nova rolls 8 to Make herself look pretty (10 Again) 6, 5, 10, 4, 1, 3, 7, 10, 5, 5 2 successes
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

"Astra!!!" Al-Adin calls out to her from the rail side of the park. He easily hops over the fence, ignoring the "No Trespassing" signs as he heads over to his newest friend!
    "Good to see you!" He comes up and gives her a big hug, picking her up for a bit, before setting her gently back down. A huge grin is covering his face.
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

M
    Mavspade

Life had not given Jack much, time for her self these days. There was work to be done after the four Seasons burned down.

But now was time for her to relax. Being cooped up in that motel room or behind a bar had done the Hares legs no favors. So today she was out in Granite park, on a jog.

Wearing a short sleeve shirt, shorts and armed with her mp3 player. The hare made her way around a bend, listening to her music and an idle smile on her face. The music and motion of her legs acted as a perfect distraction from the world, allowing for her to hide within her mind and simply enjoy that.

I have needed this and so had her awkwardly long legs, which for the first time in a while that they did not feel tense.

She heard something over her music up the way. Unaware of the other freehold members up ahead.

OOC

The sudden change in altitude totally took the doll by surprise. She froze, becoming truly nothing more than an inanimate doll. When the Monkey replaced her to her feet she crumpled, landing in the dust in a small pile, unable to support herself in her state of fear-freeze.

It took a moment before she finally snapped out of it, after she realized the monkey wasn’t going to hurt her. There was no thought that he wouldn’t, and it surprised her.

Um...hi.

Al-Adin was just so...So!

And then around the bend came a girl, with ears...and running...and...

It was all so confusing, as if the world had once again switched upside down.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Oops! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drop you. You're ok right?" He gives a sheepish grin as he offers her a hand to help her up.

He follows her gaze and sees the girl. He smiles as he waves with his other hand, trying to attract her attention. "Hey! Over Here!", he calls loudly to the other changeling. Maybe she can be a new friend?

M
    Mavspade

Jack blinked as she saw the two figures up ahead. Her feet begun to slow down, as her pace slowed she became aware of her deep breaths.

Is that the Doll from the spring Coronation jack had only saw Nova from a distance during the spring events.

Her eyes fell on to the other beast as the chorus of childern laughter entered her ears, cutting through her music. She slowly pulled out the ear buds tucking them in a pocket.

The hare gave a gentle wave as she approached.

"Afternoon" Declared the winter courtier as she got closer. She put on a soft smile, after all she was feeling great for the run and was in the mood to meet others.

"I am Jack" she offered as she came to a stop. She glanced down at her sweaty hand.

"Sorry i am a bit sweaty "

Sorry.” she began, “I was surprised, I don’t like being picked up like that. It...s...not...nice.” Her words had slowed as the rabbit came closer. Finally she took Al-Adin’s hand and pulled herself up with him.

Nova’s Grey-green storm eyes were watching the rabbit. “You’re a rabbit.” Once again the obvious words tumbled out of the Manikin’s mouth. “Do you...think...maybe I could use you?..for inspiration?

The last two words seemed tacked on, almost as if Nova recognized how her words sounded and needed to tap on an explanation.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

Al-Adin frowns, "but everyone else seems to like it.." he pouts, before nodding and smilling "ok, no more pickups for you."

"Hi Jack!" Al-Adin takes her hand, his own a little dirty from climbing all sorts of off-limits buildings, giving it a slightly overly-vigorous shake. "I'm Al-Adin, and this is Astra. And Astra, we don't say things like that in public, its bad for everyone." He whispers the last bit, though his whisper is a touch loud.
    "You look like you run a lot! That's great. I really really like running. And jumping and climbing and swimming and oooh, I should go to the river sometime this summer."

The normal confused face was no where near what she was making now. The monkey was telling her to not talk about weird stuff in public.

The fucking monkey -- the one with the tail, and the climbing, and the random picking up, and the (sometimes creepy) children laughter everywhere -- was telling her to not talk about the weird things that were right in front of her.

Ooookaaayyyyy

She rolled her eyes. “What if I was commenting on her Speed? like, runs like a rabbit: fast with a small jump every two or three steps?” That comment was to Al-Adin.

Jack, you bounce a little bit. It’s cute.” She gave her analysis with a nod and a smile (or what she thought was a smile, one side of her mouth was up, the other was down; but close enough).

M
    Mavspade

I am Hare Jack however did not say this. She had come to know that most did not know the difference and wasn't in the mood to be a jerk.

She opened her mouth to speak when Al-Adin took her hand and begun to shake it. Her eyes jittered a bit in her skull making her vision blur as a wave of words crashed against her ears. For a moment she was overwhelemed unsure how to process it all.

Letting go of the hand things settled down in her brain, and her vision rattled back into place. She shook her head, her eyes now rather dilated.

"Um Hi Al-adin...yeah I uh like to run."

She glanced to Astra. Her head tilting to the side. The Winter courtier a little nervous and perhaps a bit worried by such a question.

"...Inspiration?....I bounce?" Jack had never really noticed the way she ran but it than dawned on her and she went a shade of pink.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread