Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Glo) Stay in School

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Ambrose

Flint shrugs. "I reckon booze and a few nice words will work fine. We can try our luck with the girls if you want... But um, i'm not really good at, holding up with long conversations... Not really keen on it."

He gave a slight smile a the Mastigos' explanation of his skills. "I'm a wild-boy myself, but I have a few mind tricks." He replied. "Are you hungry? I'm gonna grab some food if you dont mind."

Filled with doubt at how to proceed, Flint and Epsilon find themselves debating between loitering and giving in to the base urges of hunger. As the eternal battle between Sloth and Gluttony proceeds, not much happens. Because it's the middle of the day at a school in summer. There is, however, what appears to be a cafe open nearby.

A
    Ambrose

Unless otherwise STed or stopped, Flint will simply buy some lunch, eat it, and take a nap in the car, waiting till night and the party before attempting any investigation.

Seeing that Flint needed a 'pit stop', he joined him up for lunch (he probably went for Chinese if that was available). After they were finished, Espilon went to the cafe nearby and checked out the local patrons, engaging in casual conversation, trying to get general information about the university, and, possibly, the latest gossip.

That of course assumed there was someone to socialize with ...

Our intrepid protagonists locate a small restaurant at the campus food court that is one of only two being staffed at the moment, serving the salty and greasy, and possibly MSG-ridden, fast food versions of San Francisco recipes that masquerade as "Chinese Cuisine" for the student-on-a-budget crowd. A couple of girls slowly eat what appears to be very cheap chow mein and orange chicken, both with long, messy hair and large, round, dark sunglasses. One of them is fixated on her phone, the other appears to be paying more attention to her food. It is not entirely clear whether her grimace is because of the food, or for the same reason that she's sitting in the shade and avoiding all unnecessary light.

A
    Ambrose

Flint walks into the chinese stall and looked at the board, settling on the cheapest looking dish on the menu. 3 Spring rolls it is. He pulled out a handful of change from one of his jacket pockets, mumbled his order to the server, and took his food to a seat. He took a cautious bite of one of the deep-fried goodies, before slouching back into the chair.

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

So far the day had been a little haphazard; Weavebreaker had woken up late and nearly missed making it to Chemistry on time. To make it on time, she had missed breakfast, which meant the whole time the professor talked about covalent bonds, all she could think about was anything edible. With class out, and no other on the block for the day she hit up the closest place possible for a quick bite, the Campus Food Court.

Due to the nature of the day, she ended up just quickly throwing on a random shirt with some jeans and her hair was quickly kept out of her face with a black hair band. With the threat of Banisher's around campus, she made the time to change her aura way before she ever left her dorm.

Fast food chinese...Ugh beggers can't be choosers...

The thought of spending another hour with her stomach growling greatly outweighed whatever this stuff was going to taste like. Hopefully...

Weavebreaker headed in, filing in line as the menu caught her full attention.

Lo mein it is... Weavebreaker decided rather quickly, as she felt it was probably one of the safer bets and she could not call upon the Supernal to prevent food poisoning...

With her mind made up, the next thing that caught her attention was the strange hair. But being on campus, she had seen a lot of weird shit. Weavebreaker shifted the backpack unconsciously, the weight was beginning to take a toll on her shoulders.

Transform Aura (Sleeper): Cast at dorm
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-06 10:37:24 Weavebreaker rolls 10 to Transform Aura (10 Again) 6, 8, 7, 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 1, 10, 3 2 successes
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

The fatigue was making tself felt and Espilon 'zoned out' for an indeterminate amount of time (at least indeterminate for him). When he emerged from the journey inside his head, he went toward the counter and ordered some food ( with a lot of strangely cut vegetable in it) and joined Flint.

He started eating silently for a moment and looked around. Noticing the new girl arriving in the establishment, he made a discreet comment to his partner-in-crime :

" That reminds me of my time in college. The morning were always kind of a drag, you know with the nights being so memorable and all. My Psych 101 college teacher was always complaining of the lack of presence in his class,but it was so early in the morning. "

He finished his plate before going on.

" Anyways, that student there might be able to give us a few pointers. I am thinking of trying to get her to sign a petition for the legalization of cannabis ... and engaging in some chit chat at the same time. If she's receptive to that kind of talk, she might be able to give us some pointers for our search. If not, we skip to the next student we see. Unless you have another suggestion of course."

He gave Flint a chance to react before putting his plan into motion.

A
    Ambrose

Flint nodded along to Epsilon's anedotes. He'd never studied anything or attended any lectures, so the concept of sitting through something boring was somewhat lost on him. At the suggestion of talking to the 'new girl', Flint gave a shrug and a flat "Sounds good." He nibbled unenthusiastically at the almost-chewy stale spring roll, feeling the oil and grease coating the snack clog his arteries with every mouthful. If Epsilon thought he could charm some information out of one of the girls on campus, Flint wasn't going to stop him... As long as he wasn't going to have to do the talking, that is. He observed the girl warily as he hunched over his meal. It was far too early in the morning for Flint to be awake, let alone being dragged into social situations.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread