Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Tea Time at the Boarding House (att: Thistle and crew)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

After being up for 2 days straight- or was it 3?- time is so confusing in the Hedge- our heroes sleep soundly. They awaken and it is 4:00 in the afternoon.

Betony started awake from a pleasant dream she couldn't remember. She looked around. Was it still the same day? She felt distinctly disconnect from time somehow. At least she felt rested now.
    She got up and started checking on things. Carefully changing the bandages on the Crandall girl's hands, making sure the sock monkey had a clear view of teh room to keep watch, checking the wound she had made on the Knicaid child's arm, adjusting blankets, setting up more food preperation.

Alicia Crandall stirred, stretched, and sat up slowly and weakly. Her eyes darted around the room, and then she spotted Jasper the Sock Monkey and held him tightly to her scarred face. She looked around the room, and saw a woman. I'm thirsty, she said in a tiny, cracked voice.

Betony Rue looked up from what she was doing. "It is good you are awake Crandall child." It was an unnessacary thing to say but it might help. She got a cup she had already filled and handed it to her.
    "I am the Jasons woman."
    The water was nearer room temperature than not but chill water might not be best for another several days.

Alicia sipped from the cup, continuing to look around the room with vigilant eyes.

Is he here? she whispered.

"No," she said simply, taking a seat on the bed. She tried to make sure her gaze wasn't too unnerving.
    "Tell me how you are feeling." she 'asked'.

Alicia clutched Jasper tighter as Betony Rue approached, and didn't look her directly in the eye as she answered. I feel like when I had the flu last winter. I just woke up, and I'm already tired.

She asked, Where's mommy and daddy? Did the bad man take them, too?

"No, the Bagman did not take them," Betony Rue wished simplicity served best again but this topic was not going to go away. She delayed pressing forward herself though, going over to get food and a pitcher of water for when the Crandall child finished. While she knew her sanity had already suffered for keeping the children from their parents, she was loath to explain it to one of the children herself.

PRE

Derek wakes after sleeping later than usual for him. He was so exhausted he was less tormented by nightmares than is usually the case. Waking up, he calls his ensorcelled boss, Adrienne West. Getting his voice mail, he says he is back from his trip and will look forward to telling her about it.

He puts on the same clothes he's been wearing for what feels like forever, foregoing a shower until he can get home. He then goes to check on Betony Rue and the kids, knocking very llightly at the door.

Betony Rue looked up at the sound, then back at the child to judge her reaction.
    "You're safe. There are two other men here."
    She got up and answered the door to find Derek.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread