Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'I did enjoy Las Vegas for a while, but due to some personal drama... I hate it now.' Her greatest adventure ended there. Jeremy, maybe her first real post-Embrace love, dumped her there. Yes, that sounds childish and stupid, but it's true. 'I was just dealing with the wrong people there. Sacramento seems so much better.'

'She kept you from joining?' Alice is obviously surprised. Especially since she was forced to join a Covenant. When Adrian winks at her ghoul, Alice chuckles as well. Nicholas looks at Alice and they exchange several significant glances. Although it could be hard to analyse their meaning for someone who just met the couple. A moment later the Daeva also replies, 'Yeah, religion is not my thing either. But musicals, lovely! I must admit that my personal interest goes more to musical films like Chicago, and Moulin Rouge.'

'Luckily for you, I'm an estate agent.' Another chuckle. 'I could help you find a place, if you wish? But that's business for later.'
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

"Not so much that she kept me from joining, as her presentation of the organization made it unappealing to me." And by presentation he meant that she was a manipulative hypocritical bitch with a tendencies to corrupt or destroy everything she touched. Still, that was the past and Adrian preferred not to speak too ill of the dead.

Musical films. "I enjoyed Chicago quite a bit, but I've never seen Moulin Rouge. Most of what I studied related to what I perform; rhythm, blues, jazz, and the occasional rock piece. Nothing too extensive, but I used to read a fair bit on the subject." Adrian's face lights up. "Oh and I'm a singer, or at least I used to be. My career has been limited to bar performances since...I got older. But I did manage to release a small album a few years back. If there are any good performance venues here, I might pick back up again. Who knows?" After two years on the sleezy highway dive scene, an actual performance would be heaven. He hadn't even thought about it, the city is so new, but a true performance is penciled into Adrian's mental To-Do List.

Alice being an estate agent was a small surprise. "Yes, business for later. I need to get settled before I start plotting world domination." He offers a quiet chuckle.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'And with estate agent, I mean, I work with the estate...' Alice isn't sure if Adrian got what she meant. Sure he would now. Of course she wasn't a real estate agent, it seems an odd job for Kindred. When he speaks of performing, a sincere smile appears. 'Oh I sing as well, although only as a hobby. I once had dreams to be a worldwide known celebrity. But... every girl has those dreams.'

She looks away to the moon, thinking about all her dreams. They are at the same time memories of being human. Partially, they keep her more human-like. In a world where 'human' is a definition of something good, I suppose.

'World domination, heh.' Alice looks at the man again. She chuckles. 'I like ambition.'

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

]"Thank you for the clarification." Alice's affiliation hadnt been missed the first timw, but still it seemed rude to dismiss her concern with clarity.

Her admitting to giving up on a dream surprised him, though the life of a Kindred could end many dreams. For Adrian at least, it made certain things easier. "If you're ever in the mood for a duet, please let me know. It has been a long time since I had a decent partner." He smiles politely. "Perhaps Mr. Lemons could play the piano for us.

As for ambition, i wouldnt quite call it that."

No. Adrian was past that.

"Im looking for contentment and since I've been at the bottom the only way to go is up. I intend to climb as high as it takes to finally be able to just be...." He takes a deep breath and then speaks on the exhale. "Content."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'A duet? Who knows!' Alice chuckles, reminding herself the man before is not even acknowledged yet. 'But I'll also play the piano then, we better not leave that to my Nicholas here.'

The ghoul just smiles, not being used to participate in actual conversations between Kindred. 'Indeed.'

The Bacchante arches an eyebrow, 'If world domination is not ambitious, then what is it?' Then she laughs, obviously joking about her seriousness. 'Just contentment sounds boring though, to be completely honest.'

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

"The thing about contentment is that it is almost impossible to find." There is a distance in Adrian's words, like he is reliving a memory and a seriousness seeps into his face. Now he is looking Alice's direction but clearly his eyes aren't seeing her. "When you have it, there is nothing you crave because you have everything you could ever want. It's a dream you can live in forever."

Then Adrian realizes his demeanor and he smiles. Warmth returns to his face. "Sorry about that. I can get a bit preachy at times. Suffice it to say, that contentment, is difficult to come by. There is a great deal of climbing I have to do before I have a chance at it." A soft laugh escapes. "I promise I won't be boring for a long time yet."

He extinguishes the cigarette. "Though if we are both still around Sacramento when it happens, you are more than welcome to tease me for it." Another friendly smile is offered and any indicator of past seriousness has faded.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Well, you are talking about a state of complete contentment. That could be hard, though it would still be boring. Or filled with fun and happiness, however, my life is right now filled with only fun. So do I live with utter contentment?' Alice doesn't mind an intelligent conversation from time to time. As long as people don't start to act like smart-asses, some thinking can only be good.

'Oh don't worry, as soon as you bore me, you'll know.' A smirk appears on her face. She has experience with such situations. 'In fact "never get bored" is one of the key principles of my... my existence. Why do things you don't want to do?'

After a while, she adds: 'And yes, I'm influenced by Jean-Paul Sartre: "l'existence prιcθde l'essence".'

translation

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

"I wouldn't presume to tell you how you are living ma'am. You're the one to make that judgement."

Her French quotation was utterly over Adrian's head. He spoke the broken French of the Cajun South, rather than confess his ignorance, though, he just nods. "Is Sacramento the kind of city where you can stay entertained? It's big, but certainly not the biggest I've been in. Also, Entertainment for people like us can be a bit....dangerous at times." Adrian wasn't keen on the idea of being entertainment for elders, especially if it was putting his requiem in danger. Still, it could be worse.

"I suppose a little danger never hurt anyone though." A good humored smirk crosses his face. "Well not the people paying attention at least."

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sorry for the long wait!

'I wouldn't know if Sacramento is good at entertaining you, since I always have enough ways to entertain myself.' Alice shrugs with a nonchalant smile. 'This is definetely not Las Vegas, if that's what you mean. There are enough places to have fun...'

But about other things: 'And if by "entertained" you mean "occupied", I can promise you that enough exciting things come visit even this city from time to time.' A lot of bad things as well. Alice can remember several drama's in her past here.

'When you mean special treatment for us, Sacramento has an ongoing social nightlife. Don't worry.'

Played by Dark Passenger

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.