Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
1306 Thyrsus Meeting

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

It took nothing more than the scuttling back of the small cat and the centaur tensed, before launching himself over the small mages and after the tiny creature, into the woods it’s chase begun.

In the space that the Centaur once held, the small speck of a black fox lifted it’s head and looked in the direction of the hunt. Then at the wolf Spirit that was growling at it. In a moment he was off running in a different direction, no words spoken.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Somewhat perplexed, Kite looked back and forth between the Centaur and Hypnos, then the other spirits and the other willworkers present. His brow creased in thought, in clear concentration, as he attempted to understand and analyze the social dynamics of the situation he found himself in.

4 suxx on an Empathy roll, attempting to understand why the Spirits are acting as they are, including paying attention to some willworkers while ignoring others
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-09 22:28:48 Kite rolls 5 to Empathy Roll (For Thyrsus Meeting) (10 Again) 8, 10, 2, 9, 9, 7 4 successes

R
    Rinny

Hypnos had stood her ground, only staring back at the creature. Though she felt in her own mind that her Familiar was terrified, and likely moments away from fleeing, she herself found it almost impossible to turn away from the centaur. But as there began to be talk of a "hunt", a thought lingered in the back of her mind...

And as the centaur leaped over her and began to give chase to the cat, she knew her intuition had been correct. Her fear quickly turned to anger, and she whipped around to catch sight of the two Spirits currently involved in the "hunt". She wasn't about to just let her own Familiar be hunted down...

"Neiro! Get out of there!" Dashing a few feet ahead, Hypnos cried out to the cat, cupping her hands around her mouth.
    Her voice was notably more bolder than her normal, nervous-sounding tone.

Neiro uses Morphic Form in order to both change his size and gain a new form of locomotion for 4 or his 5 Essence.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-10 08:32:30 Neiro rolls 9 to 6 to P+F to Morphic Form (10 Again, WillPower) 4, 8, 1, 8, 3, 8, 1, 9, 2 4 successes

Shrinking in size to that of a sparrow, Neiro sprouts a pair of wings from his sides. Hopping into the air, the Familiar would focus on eluding the chasing centaur by simply flying away, soaring into the sky above Yolo Park, and eventually (and hopefully) making his way back towards Hypnos after the centaur was taken care of.

In the mean time, Hypnos gathered that it might be in her best interest to distract the centaur with another Spirit for him to chase, as to give Neiro a good chance to escape. Perhaps it could even offer some protection? But because she didn't know many other Spirits specifically, she did her best to call upon something that might provide them some aid.
    "Spirits of nature, please, hear my plea! I, Hypnos, have one request! May you bring us security and sanctity!" Clenching her fists, she kept her voice just loud enough as to not alert those in the other parts of the park in on what she was doing.

2 Successes to Improvised Casting of Lesser Spirit Summons
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-10 08:54:05 Hypnos rolls 6 to Improvised Casting of Lesser Spirit Summons, (Gnosis + Spirit) (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 6, 10, 6, 7, 3, 4 2 successes

Hypnos glanced back to to the rest of the gathered Thyrsus, but still continued to face towards the direction where her Familiar and the centaur had run off to. "Look, I'm not quite sure what these 'hunters' are after, but quite frankly, I'm not sure I care. It's obvious that they don't mean well." Her voice was surprisingly confident.
    "If any of you have a good idea as to get rid of it, now might be a good time to speak up. Finding it's Ban, to me, seems like the best idea. But it seems strong. I'd imagine it's not going to have a simple one."

A
    Ambrose

Flint's eyes widened as the Centaur leapt towards... and then over them. Apparently their meeting was arranged in some sort of spirit hunting-spot. He wanted to do something useful... All of his peers were either willworking, addressing the spirit or at least looked like they knew how to go about the situation... And there was him, standing wide-eyed, slackjawed and stupid in the middle of it all. What the fuck am I actually supposed to do right now?

You have called, Hypnos ( Rinny ), and so I come.” The fox had appeared at Hypnos’ bidding, it’s coat the inky blackness of the space between stars and the nightmare of falling, it coat seemed to smoke ever so subtly, giving the illusion that it was truly just a ball of darkness. It’s bright red eyes glowed as it looked at her.

R
    Rinny

Hypnos looked down at the jet black fox, a bit taken aback that she had actually managed to summon it. A small sense of pride surged in her chest, and she offered the spirit a small, but very quick smile.

"I thank you for answering my call." Hypnos gave a deep nod, then crouched down, meeting the fox face-to-face.
    "I apologize if we might be intruding, but, do you know of any way to calm down our very hunt-eager friend over there?" Hypnos pointed her thumb back in the direction the Centaur had run off in.

k
    kimura

Not having seen Neiro panic and bolt, as her attention was directed at the towering Centaur clad Spirit, a look of utter confusion plays across the young woman's face as the Spirit jumped over the group and a odd thought crossed her mind at that very moment at the same moment her eyes went WIDE

Now I know what a hurdle feels like...

"The Hell?"

As she turned to watch the goings on what came out of her mouth might one day be framed as the dumbest thing she's ever said "Wait where are you going?"

“Hypnos, I suggest we track down Neiro first… he and the Centaur already have a head start. Perhaps your new friend can help…” Kite looked curiously at the fox, before casting a worried glance towards where the Centaur ran off to. “Once we find Neiro, we can figure out something then. However, whatever you decide to do, I suggest you decide quickly.”

With that, Kite grabbed his cane and tensed his muscles, ready to run at a moment’s notice at his fellow libertine’s decision.

Kite’s initiative =13
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-12 21:37:14 Kite rolls 1 die for initiative 7

Initiatives all round

Please remember we are entering 3second combat rounds, you may say up to 15 syllables. (This means you could end up only saying two words, if you wanted to say "It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious")

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.