Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Free Council Assembly

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

The boardroom that Kite had rented out was spacious, professional, and had a very impressive view. The large windows in the 9th floor room granted a fine view of downtown Sacramento and a clear view of the Sacramento Capitol building. In addition, the room was well stocked with basic amenities – he had made certain that coffee, hot tea, pastries, and cold, bottled water was available to everyone attending. The room was fairly large as well; the table could sit at least 14 people, and chairs could be brought in if more people showed up.

To Kite though, the most important feature that the room provided was a semblance of privacy. The boardroom itself was out of the way, and the few offices nearby were unoccupied. It wasn’t as good as some of the other Order headquarters in Sacramento, but it was far better-suited than the current Free Council Base, the sleeper-filled Hostel. Combined with his own abilities, Kite was confident that he could guarantee the meeting’s privacy. Regardless, under the circumstances, the location seemed to be the best of what was, unfortunately, a very limited set of options.

After setting down his briefcase on his chair at the head of the table, Kite walked outside into the reception area. His briefcase contained the He stood straight and tall, leaving his cane by his chair, and waited patiently for people to arrive.

Sense Consciousness was cast the night before the meeting, the other two spells were cast the morning of the meeting. All spells have a 24 hour duration.
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-10 19:49:09 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Augment the Mind -Pres' -w- Ambient Mana-(Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)-2(Dur)) (10 Again) 9, 8, 2, 8, 2, 8, 8 5 successes
    2013-06-10 19:45:30 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Organic Resiliance' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(duration)) (10 Again) 3, 3, 5, 3, 10, 7, 3, 10, 4 2 successes
    2013-06-10 19:41:55 [03] Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Sense Consciousness' - extended - (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS)) (10 Again) 9, 8, 4, 2, 3, 4, 8, 5, 2 3 successes
    2013-06-10 19:41:55 [02] Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Sense Consciousness' - extended - (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS)) (10 Again) 3, 7, 3, 10, 7, 9, 8, 5, 9, 10, 6 5 successes
    2013-06-10 19:41:55 [01] Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Sense Consciousness' - extended - (Gnosis + Mind + 2(HS)) (10 Again) 9, 9, 9, 9, 5, 7, 4, 2, 7 4 successes

Epsilon arrived relatively early. He tried not to party too hard the day before ... well tried to but he had still been pretty wrecked then, the combination of pot and LSD being what it is. This meant he had one hell of a hangover and looked pretty tired.

He arrived at the reception where he recognized Kite there. Walking toward him, he offered a handshake to the mage (though the said handshake obviously lacked energy).

" Hey there man. You're Kite right ? I remember seeing you at the pizza party. Just in case, my name's Epsilon, coming straight from New Orleans. How's it going today ? "

He then waited for Kite to let him into the meeting room. He hoped there will not be more speech brawl between Kite on one side and Samdei and Anarchy on the other, he was so tired that he preferred a quiet, civil meeting.

He didn't have time to cast spells before the meeting ... not that he would have been able to, being hungover and all.

Kite nodded towards the new arrival. “Epsilon… yes, I remember” he smiled as he walked over and offered his handshake. “Both you and my roommate come from New Orleans, I remember our conversation. You can set your things down at the table in there,” he motioned towards the boardroom, “but there is still going to be a bit of a wait – you’re the first person to arrive.”

W
    WakingDream

Impulse jogs up the stairs towards the meeting room fairly easily. He wasn't even sweating in-- what appears to be-- his only suit. As he enters the meeting room itself, his eyes fall to the table with refreshments instantly. Food senses activated.

"Kite! Hey! Haven't seen you since... This morning!" He joked, patting his cabal mate on the shoulder lightly. He then nods at the other man in the room and smiles, "Hi there! I'm Impulse. Have we met before?"

As he converses with the two men, he subtly starts moving towards the table with the pastries .

Espilon nodded toward kite and then took his place at the designated chair. He took the opportunity to close his eyes and rest a little, he was very tired. He woke up suddenly when impulse came to greet him.

" Oh ... euh .... Hello there. I just doze off for a while.Sorry. "

He then straightened up and gave a handshake to the newcomer, while showing a tired smile. He was visibly hungover.

" I don't think we've officially met before. Were you at the pizza party ? My name's Espilon by the way. Nice meeting you Impulse. "

Seeing that tea was among the beverage offered at the meeting, the mastigos took the opportunity to grab himself one and proposed to the other two mage to pour them a drink.

" Ahhhh .... cafeine, tea ... sweet nectar of the gods when you're sleepy. Anyone wants something ? "

He drank from the cup he just poured himself before turning back to Impulse.

" Do you know how many people will attend to the meeting today ? I don't think I've met every one yet."

R
    Rinny

Hypnos wasn't necessarily sure just how formal everyone was going to be dressed. Though she still wanted to make an impression, she feared sticking out like a sore thumb. As Hypnos sorted desperately through her wardrobe, her Twilight familiar situated himself comfortably on her bed.

"I'm glad spirits don't leave cat hair behind..."

Lucky for you.

Hypnos studied her appearance in a large mirror propped up on the wall in the middle of her room, holding out a dress in front of her so that she could see how it might look when worn.

Don't wear that dress. In fact, don't wear any dresses.

The young lady sighed as she picked out another outfit: a black blazer worn over a simple white blouse. Skinny jeans, she thought, would give the outfit just the right mix of casual and formal. Neiro seemed to agree. It's the least terrible outfit we've seen so far, at least.

Hypnos dressed quickly, slinging her purse over her shoulder as she walked towards the door. With a wave of her hand, she motioned for Neiro to join her. Leaping from the bed, her familiar sprouted wings which carried him awkwardly onto her shoulder, shrinking in size with each flap. His front paws sunk into his body, and skinny, curved talons replaced the one pair he had left. Having changed forms from cat to crow tiny cat with wings, Neiro gave a little mew caw from his new beak before Hypnos left the building. She was running purely off her own willpower; having opted to skip the cup of coffee that morning (she usually didn't drink caffeine, but she had slept in late that day so she had considered it) to enjoy Neiro's company. But caffeine hadn't been the only thing Hypnos had opted against. Reasoning that there would be no need for magic at the meeting, she hadn't cast any spells that morning.

Arriving at the PBC Sacremento-Capitol building, Hypnos took a deep breath before walking inside. You're not gonna' freak out on me, are ya'? Neiro hopped down from Hypnos' shoulder, and taking a few strides forward, regained his original cat-like appearance. Just relax, kid. No need to sweat a meeting.

"I don't know, the agenda seemed pretty serious to me..." She kept her tone to a low whisper, so that the little people around her didn't think she was talking to herself. "But you're right, Neiro. I'll...I'll try to keep myself calm. Calm enough."

Nodding, she ascended the stairway to the 9th floor, walking so as to not let her breath escape her. She arrived at the meeting room shortly after, smiling at the other mages that had gathered for the Assembly. "Hello, everyone. I hope I'm not late?"

Nerio has changed forms as per Morphic form, using 4 of his 5 essence to change size and to give him a new form of locomotion (Wings). These changes will last 2 hours as per:

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-15 09:47:11 Nerio rolls 6 to P+F to Morphic form (10 Again) 7, 8, 10, 2, 1, 2, 4 2 successes
    to remove the wings and change size again would require another 4 essence.

Kite reached into his pocket and checked the time on his phone with a deeply troubled frown, before casting a concerned glance at the boardroom behind him. Impulse and another libertine both arrived shortly before the meeting was supposed to start, but he kept reflexively glancing down the hallway, past the reception area, as though he was expecting more people to come walking into view.

“Turnout isn’t what I had hoped” he mumbled to himself, checking his phone again for both the time and for any messages. “I wonder what’s keeping Samdei…?” Then, looking around one more time, the slim willworker finally turned around and entered the boardroom.

“Hello everyone.” Kite smiled and waved a greeting to the small group as he took his place at the head of the table. “I am expecting more people to show however, as most order members are here already and it’s already a few minutes past one,” he cast another concerned glance at the clock in the room, “I think it’s time we should start.”

After waiting for everyone to sit and get situated, Kite formally started the meeting. “Welcome to the Sacramento Free Council Assembly. My name is Kite, and I am the current Syndic. We have a lot to cover in the next few hours, so we’re going to get down to business quickly. However, before we start the discussion on the first agenda item , I think we should start with formal introductions; while we saw each other briefly at Anarchy’s party, some of us – like myself – may not have had the chance to do much other than exchanging handshakes, so…” Kite stood up from his chair. “As I am Syndic, I’ll go first.”

”My name is Kite, and I am currently the Syndic of our Order. In more ‘open’ company, you can call me ‘Steven Kite’ or simply ‘Steven.’ I awoke to the Thyrsus path several years ago, joined the Sacramento community back in December of 2011, and became Syndic in August of that same year after Rosh’s death. I am a member of a cabal known as ‘The Catalyst’, which currently claims Gallows and Animus as members. Impulse,” Kite motioned to the libertine sitting at the table, “is our foster.”

Kite paused before he continued. “On a more personal note, I’ve recently finished my doctorate studies in Psychiatry – as of this month in fact – and my focus of study was in Forensic Psychiatry. The Mind is my primary field of study, and I mean that in all possible interpretations… which, I admit, makes me somewhat unusual for a Thyrsus. My hobbies outside of my studies and duties include reading and playing chess.”

With his personal introduction finally complete, Kite sat back down in his chair. “So, who wants to go next?”

Samdei was not running late, despite whatever the time might say. No, Samdei was pulling a Wizard; which, as such, he was allowed.

He entered the room on a power stride, his short hair cut professional and echoed by the frameless photochromic glasses on his nose. He was wearing a suit, dark blue compared to his white shirt and black and purple tie. In one hand he carried a black brief case.

The Moros looked around at those gathered, and really didn’t may much attention. Instead he stopped near the side of the table and popped his brief case open before withdrawing a pen and a bundle of papers.

I just need you to sign this, Kite.” he said as he handed the pages to the Syndic. For once his voice didn’t seem any stranger than normally; and he wasn’t rushed, more like this was something he did every Monday at one.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

W
    WakingDream

Impulse smiles at Epsilon and nods, "Yeah! The pizza party! We must've rubbed elbows or whatever." He walks over towards the refreshments with him but pours his own tea. While filling a small plate with various pastries, Impulse continues, "I honestly have no idea. My first meeting I think there were only 4 or 5 people. But you aren't one of them and one of them did quit... So we'll probably have the same amount of people here today..." He laughs amusedly.

"When did you joi-" He starts before Kite walks in and cuts him off.

Impulse sits back smiling quietly as Kite introduces himself. He nods as Kite motions towards him and raises his hand when volunteers are called for. He stands up to speak and is cut off, yet again, as Samdei walks in. "Oh. Hey Samdei!" He says, waving. The Thai acanthus then waits for Kite to finish reading the document before re-starting his introduction.

“Thanks Samdei, I’ll look at this after the meeting.” Kite quickly glanced through the papers Samdei handed him before putting them aside. Then, he patiently, quietly waited for the other Assembly members to speak. He finally sighed when it was clear that no one was forthcoming, compelling him to address the Assembly once more.

“I realize that people may be concerned about personal privacy, but we do need to know some basic information about each other - shadow names, basic skill set, and so forth” he explained. “I’m not asking for your real names, or any personal information that you don’t feel comfortable disclosing. However, part of my job is in looking out for your interests… and having a basic level of information would help here.”

“So, who wants to go next?”

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread