Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Byzantine Politics (Free Coiuncil Assembly)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Kite had arrived at the Citizens Hotel with over an hour to spare, and he found himself waiting in the Byzantine shortly thereafter. It wasn’t that he had a lot of equipment to set up, he only brought his laptop. Nor did he need to go over many notes, as there weren’t that many to review. Nor did he need time to call contacts or to set up details with management, as these were already taken care of.

Kite want the additional time to calm and steel himself, to mentally prepare for what would most likely be a violent, battering storm of a meeting.

With his cane leaning against what appeared to be an old boiler, the Syndic had taken to leaning against one of the small tables, his eyes closed as though to meditate. Occasionally he would take a sip of a diet soda to settle his stomach. In a way, Kite felt guilty. Reverb had spared no expense to catering for this Assembly. Dishes of Beer Steamed Pacific Clams and Mussels, Soil Born Kale Salad, and what looked like an ornately prepared Gnocchi, even handmade ice cream and sorbet, were all set out for the coming participants. But Kite’s nerves were so rattled that it was all his stomach could do to tolerate an occasional sip of his cola.

“I’m sorry Reverb… it smells delicious.” He took another small sip of his drink to settle his stomach, before casting a quick glance over to the new libertine who was fussing with his iPod. Kite quickly turned his attention back to the relatively small number of notes he took, not so much to review as to take his mind off of what he suspected to be an approaching firestorm. “Maybe my appetite will return after this meeting is over…”

Spells cast at Sanctum:
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-12-06 23:41:32 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Augment the Mind - Presence'(AM) (Gnosis + Mind +2(HS) - 2(Dur)) (10 Again) 2, 9, 6, 10, 9, 3, 3, 8 4 successes
    2013-12-06 23:40:05 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Third Eye' (Wits + Empathy+ Mind + 2(HS) -2(Dur)) (10 Again) 6, 9, 6, 10, 3, 7, 1, 4, 4, 4 2 successes
    2013-12-06 23:39:37 Kite rolls 7 to Casting 'Organic Resilience' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(Duration)) (10 Again) 2, 3, 1, 2, 10, 6, 1, 1 1 success

M
    Moe Ronalds

Buzz strolls in whistling, chest warmed by the still-cooling embers of the corncob pipe in his breast pocket. The smell of burnt, cheap tobacco creeps forth from him. He wears a brown leather jacket with fringe and a trucker's cap. He grins like a jackal as he takes in his surroundings. "Hey, these are some solid digs," he calls out to no one in particular. This thing still work?" he bangs on one of the boilers, cherishing the deep, low bong that reverberates through it.

His eyes settle on Kite, and he stuffs his cap in his back pocket before extending his right hand for a shake. "Put 'er there, ace. Name's Buzz. I am where I think I am, right?"

B
    Beej

If anything was ever going to bankrupt Vincent, it would be Kickstarter. At times it made him feel like Internet Caligula. A dolphin centric rpg? Money, done. A documentary on Ugandian Hollywood? Sold. Sitting at one of the tables with a rum and coke, Vincent searches kickstarter after kickstarter. There was a white whale of a project and he would find it. He probably should be more serious, contemplating the Hostel situation. But Vincent had already done all that he could and that particular ball was now entirely in Kite's court. This evening was triggering the Obrimos's 'dinner and a show' bone and he was fully prepared to enjoy the show.

Dressed in a grey suit, because he made shit look good, the mage looked like he belonged in the Byzantine. Glancing up at the unfamiliar man, Reverb gave a wave and a "Hi, welcome to the Byzantine." before glancing for Kite for any insight or recogniztion.

Son of a bitch. First mouse bone earnings now Duck Dynasty Mage edition.

R
    Rinny

Descending the steps leading down into the Byzantine, Hypnos surveyed her surroundings from the staircase, hoping to spot someone familiar. She immediately spied Kite, leaning against a small table whilst he conversed with Reverb, and a new face. After taking a deep breath, and tugging on the sides of her navy blazer, worn on top of a white blouse and mustard gap skirt, the young woman's black Mary Janes clicked against every tread as she made her way down the rest of the stairs.

Casually, she swipes a beverage from the appropriate table, ignoring the food and going straight for the conversation. Striding over to where the rest of the Libertines are gathered, Hypnos doesn't introduce herself immediately, but merely nods to the gathered party before taking a sip from her drink. "Hope I haven't, uh, missed anything too exciting or anything." She smiles, but her nose wrinkles from the smell of tobacco seemingly stemming from Buzz.

W
    WakingDream

Impulse figured that, though it was an official meeting, he had requested that it be kept informal, so he decided his clothes should reflect both his status as a Syndic and the informal nature of the event. After far longer than normal (around 30 minutes) of deliberation, the Thai enchanter threw on a grey vest and called it a success.

The polite mumbling of conversation is enough to drown out the soft clicking of his footsteps as he enters the meeting room, pocket watch in hand. He was 5 minutes early, and still somehow had arrived after what appeared to be the majority of the attendees. Impulse nods to everybody before approaching Reverb.

"Hey, man! Thanks again for helping us out! Good to see you, by the way!" he says with an enthusiastic handshake. "The food looks amazing! Did you hook that up?"

After exchanging niceties, Impulse makes his way towards his cabal-mate and fellow Syndic, Kite. He catches him just as he's putting down a diet soda. Impulse scrunches up his face, disgusted. "You know those things are terrible for you, right?" he asks before clasping his friend on the shoulder and grinning. "Good to see you, by the way!"

The smell of smoke draws Impulse's attention and he turns to notice the stranger behind him. "Oh, I'm so sorry!" he says, obviously abashed. "Were you two talking? I didn't mean to interrupt! I'll let you get back to it," he says as he starts to walk away before thinking better of it. Instead, the enchanter offers a hand and a friendly smile before adding, "I'm Impulse, by the way."

“Um… hello….” The libertine had cast a curious, unsure look towards the first new arrival ( Moe Ronalds ) when he walked in, though he did accept the handshake (albeit tentatively). “Uh,… are you supposed to be here?” Kite seemed to carefully evaluate the new arrival, and seemed unsure what to make of him. “This area is currently reserved for a private meeting. Perhaps you are associated with one of our associate groups…?”

When Hypnos and Impulse arrived, his mood sharply improved, though he still occasionally eyed the stranger somewhat warily. “Hey you two!” He offered a hearty wave to both libertines, before answering Hypnos’ question. “Nah. Both of you are early… nothing has started yet.”

At Impulse’s comment about his soda, Kite rolled his eyes. “I’m not looking forward to this meeting; it has my nerves on edge. I needed something to help settle my stomach.” It looked like he was going to say something else, but abruptly stopped himself, turning his attention once more to the stranger who just walked in.

“You said your name was Buzz, right?” Kite’s attitude was formal and superficially pleasant, but his eyes clearly reflected a certain amount of concern. “I'm apologize, but I don't recall us meeting before. Did you try to contact either myself or my friend here," Kite motioned toward Impulse, "before coming...?"

Eventually your own goddamn code is going to confuse us all and we’re gonna think yer a guardian.” a voice from the hallway said before a man who was obviously taller than Samdei walked into the room. No one (Except Impulse WakingDream ) had ever seen him before and his eyes seemed to take in the mages with simple and cold calculation. There was the simple air of ‘don’t fuck with me’ hanging around him. He simply took a seat casually near the door, not even rumpling his Best Buy Uniform Rip off (Blue Polo, Khaki pants).

Behind him Samdei walked, once again in his suit looking exactly what he was. In one hand he carried a brief case. He sat down directly opposite to Kite and nodded at Reverb ( Beej ) “Nice place ya got here, who do you have for Insurance?
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

B
    Beej

"Hey Hypnos. Grab a plate and a drink." he waves at the mage he does not know a heck of a lot about while putting aside his ipad and standing up.

"No problem Impuse." Reverb says, shaking the man's hand. "Yep. Perks of having a hotel kitchen upstairs."

Letting Kite and Impulse hand Ice Road Trucker Mage, Reverb's attention focuses on next arrivals in the room. Oh god damn it. Vincent thought. "Hi Samedi and...not ominous guy..." he looks down Samedi when he asks the insurance question. "Ordinarily I'd just say Allstate. But as we've suddenly moved into 'dramatic arrival phase' of the evening I'll mention an Arrow, a Guardian and a Mysti-Q on speed dial? Cause mayhem happens?"

M
    Moe Ronalds

Buzz grins. He's not unused to the attention, or the questions. He nods to the new folks that filtered in after him. "Nice to meet y'all," he says as Kite returns the shake. "Don't worry, I washed my hands earlier today. I uh, I wouldn't say I'm associated with any of you all yet, least not formally. I'm from Saskatoon- bit of a smaller community up there, do a lot of uh, spirit work."

He jerks a thumb at Impulse (@WakingDream). "I dropped a pot of honey to this feller when I got into town; I try to avoid the electric text, what with the NSA and all." At this he shakes his head, sadly. He perks up quickly with a toothy grin.Had an old SSB radio show broadcasting outta Canada a few years back. Y'ever listened to SaskWatch? I got a few episodes on tape back at the cabin, if y'ever want a listen."

Weird, we had da same insurance policy at da Hostel before we had a body dropped.” He said to Reverb with a disinterested look. “But since yer playing Host tonight, it’s yer show. So what’re we talkin’ about. Or is this going to be more inquiries into how the Hostel is not accessible anymore. ‘cause honestly,” he looks around at the conference room, “don’t look like it matters.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.