Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1305) Halo, Vaeltia and West

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia stepped back to the space she had previously held next to West.

Yes, Sparking, I can’t get the sound of spell-work out of my ears.

It wasn’t all active, but it was enough to set off her sight as well - little flecks of magic practically everywhere. Perhaps being taught and generally being around West was making her into one of those paranoid ones, but if any gathering of Mages wasn’t a giant target on the map for any Cult or Pylon...

She noticed Kite walk in, it was in a move that she made, some how ending up with her back to him. But then she was in a police uniform, it wasn’t as if she was invisible -- unfortunately.

And that was when Gallows entered, there was something about him; some buzz that drew her eyes. He didn’t look any different, but he sure as hell felt different. The Obrimos had to replay Halo’s words to her in her head after she managed to look away from Gallows...she would figure out what was up later.

It’s going, this was all a bit of a last minute change of plans.” she trailed off as the fact that she was in her work uniform should indicate exactly what was going on in her mind.

And that was when she noticed one of the Fosters (if he was still considered a foster) walk in. She looked up at West and pointed over at Leo ( Xander ) with a questioning look on her face. They really hadn’t gotten that all hashed out.

"And what of you?"
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

S
    Sabeleth

The fact that West had actually acknowledged his presence made it a 100% more successful conversation than their last one. He gave them both a friendly smile and used his hands to straighten the suit jacket, not that it needed it.

"Thanks man. I remember you were a friend of Father Sam. I barely got a chance to know him, seemed like a really decent guy." Rather than let himself get dragged into the sadness of Samael's passing he let his gaze switch to Vae. "Yeah, no dress code either so I figured I may as well go all in." It wasn't like he wore a suit that often, this was perhaps the third time since he'd come to Sacramento.

"Guess I'm doing okay thanks. Got myself signed up to a gym, self-defense classes, and a range. Wanted to say thanks again for the invite to that training day you put together." He shrugged, it had shown him exactly what his weaknesses were, so he'd decided to go after all of them at once.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

"Hey guys." Leo barely maintained his smile as he approached the group. "What's happenin'?"

Hopefully they didn't hate him for leaving. On the way over Leo had cringed at the thought of what Halo and Kite might say after the circumstances Leo bailed on them under. He didn't see Weavebreaker around, and he tried not to think about what that could have meant. On top of that Leo hadn't even left a note for Vae after she had opened not just the Circle, but her own cabal to him. He couldn't help but feel this conversation was either going to be liberating or humiliating, but either way he just wanted it to be over.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

It definitely put some things into perspective.” Vaeltia agreed, considering the three fights that had happened, and the way the Arrow was so disjointed that it caused mistrust within it’s own members for a single training session.

Perhaps there will be a way to fix some of the mistakes that were made.

She considered Halo one of those guardians that probably would have gone to the Arrow if they had found him first. But then it was never too late to change.

And then Leo walked up, and Vaeltia only looked at him with a tiny bit of ice in her gaze.

At least he had shown up, but he was still a coward.

Hello.” There was no smile, instead it was the calm face of the uniform, extending like a mask of Police Authority.

nimbus

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West watched Halo straighten his suit... for once, it looked like he'd picked the right thing to say. He didn't have to look down to know his own suit could use a straightening -- but he also knew it wouldn't help much. There was only so much to be expected from a $50 suit. It also wasn't as if he particularly cared if it were neat or not. When ones clothing --by past experience-- could be subjected to tears, slices, bullet holes, and burning, investing in nicer ones was just impractical.

It also gave a focus for a person's attention. He was much more likely to be described as "some guy in a cheap suit" than more relevant details.

"Sounds good,"
    he replied to Halo with a nod.

So why isn't this guy an Arrow?

At Leo's joining, he gave a nod. It had nothing negative about it, because he wasn't much for the pot calling the kettle black.

"So..."
    Nimbus

S
    Sabeleth

Halo nodded at their responses, finding it only a touch ironic that he found these Arrows were some of the easiest people to talk to. Probably for the best though, the place wasn't exactly teeming with Guardians now was it?

"Will you give me a call if you put another one together?" He smiled brightly at Vae. "Seem to think you owe me a good shot, although I'd be happy to call it a draw all round." Halo could afford to be affable about the whole thing, and an image of Vae trying to rugby tackle him flashed through his mind. He'd gone into it knowing nothing about how the Arrows trained, and come out not looking like a complete tool. That was always a big win for the geeky Guardian.

As Leo approached ( Xander ) he considered how best to respond. Having just about managed to get to the level of, if not mutual respect then at least partial acceptance, being sarky with an Arrow was probably a poor move. Instead he just replied as politely as he could manage.

"Hey Leo, been a while. We were just chatting about the training day, amongst other things. What's new with you?"

S
    Solaris

Hachiman approached the group of Mages with a warm smile and stopped in front of them, facing more toward Vaeltia of whom he had met recently.

"Please forgive my rudeness. I did not want to interrupt your conversation. You might not remember me, but we had met recently at the Free Council headquarters. I believe you are of the Order of the Adamantine Arrow. I am pleased to meet you again." Hachiman bowed deeply to the group. "My name is Hachiman, an Apostate with aspirations to join your Order. Would you be so kind as to allow me a word to discuss the matter with you? At your convenience, of course." Hachiman gave a second smaller bow out of politeness, as was his custom.

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Vae

Status (Culture) •
    ST INFO

PRE

Of course, it’s not like the signs won’t be posted around the Circle anyway.

It was her way of being around the circle at all times, after all the fact that she was in uniform was a testament that in the realm of Sleepers she still had responsibilities beyond those that tied her to a higher power.

Vae had worked with him on the Bow before, but he was better with a gun... perhaps that was more up West’s alley, if West ever wanted to help someone else learn how to shoot better. The thought of him, more than a little drunk, just killing beer bottles on a fence came to mind.

At the appearance of Hachiman her thoughts changed, and she waved at West to continue talking. Vaeltia doubted he would, but at least he was making an effort. Maybe he was trying to be more social -- but then it could just be because he felt it was required of him.

And because apparently his Apprentice attracted people who wanted to talk.

Yes, Hachiman, I can talk now while we still have some time, actually.” She said drawing him away from the other two arrows and the guardian.

Hachiman and Vaeltia continue here

nimbus

Leo Lockheart

PRE

'Guilt? Anxiety? Then again those aren't that new.'

Deciding not to unleash his issues on Halo and the already slightly awkward West, Leo responds to Halo with a shrug and a short "Nothing much."

Leo watches silently as the Apostate introduced himself. He remained mostly still, only bowing his head slightly when Hachiman did his first bow. When Vae offered to take him aside, Leo just did a small wave to his fellow Arrow. The uniform made him nervous, and he was already a mess to start. Vaeltia's departure helped soothe his nerves.

It also helped that nobody was cussing at him. That's always good.

"So... you're both shooty types right?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

West wasn't sure where this "shooty" word came from. It had cropped up a few times in the last year or so, and... it annoyed him. If he owned a car, would he be a "drivey" type? Did that make Halo a "suity" person?

When did people start talking like Barney? Had he missed that memo? Was it 'cool' now? Watching Vaeltia leave, he made a mental note to ask her.

"I own a firearm,"
    he and slowly. "I guess I'm a passable marksman."

Fuck if he was going to agree to that silly label.

He needed a beer.

Maybe that made him a "drinky" type.
    Nimbus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread