Ended
Watch

Moonrise at Riverfront Park

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    c
    cannonfire

The moon sits high over the Sacramento River, casting its soft light over earth and water alike. A few birds can be heard landing in the shallows and the occasional fish splashes on the surface. Despite the noise of the city, the picnic area is relatively quiet. Only the occasional traffic siren seems to break the calm in the area.

Sitting at a picnic table, facing the water, is Adrian.

It is his first night in Sacramento and this peaceful scene has reassured him that his decision to settle here was a smart choice. Of course two years on the road leaves him looking a little less than sharp. A simple white t-shirt and a pair of muddy jeans form most of his attire. Only a sleek wedding ring on his left hand breaks the otherwise mundane appearance.

As it is, Adrian is facing the water and singing the Folsom Prison Blues to himself and enjoying the warm Sacramento evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWsuVuw5JO4

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh the joy of warm summer evening, yes finally it is summer. It doesn't matter a lot for Kindred, they can't see the sun anyway. But for their ghouls, walking around in hardly any clothes becomes quite a bit more comfortable. The fact that nights become short as hell is something Alice simply doesn't think about. Optimism is worth more than a couple of hours. It is partially the reason why she wears short jeans and a loose fitting shirt, it is also the reason why she's smiling broadly. Riverfront park might not be as beautiful and perfect as some places in France she has seen over the last months, at least it isn't raining. Californian weather now is a lot better than a European winter.

Alice was actually just making a quick walk through the area north downtown, she always lived east or south. Her ghoul is silently following her, wearing sunglasses like it's not dark outside. The Daeva is talking to him about all the ups and downs of every neighborhood, but he's not always supposed to reply.

She stops when she sees another Kindred and senses his weakness. Who's that?

While slowly approaching the man she softly clears her throat, in case he didn't see her coming. From a safe non-threatening distance Alice speaks, 'Good evening.' With both her hands resting on her waist she studies the man's looks and tries not to let her Beast seize control with its urge to rip the unknown subject apart.
    "If you're not having fun, what's the point of living forever?''

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

Since this is an open Scene in a public place, it has been moved to the main forum -- The Danse Macabre.

c
    cannonfire

When Adrian sets eyes on Alice for the first time there are to conflicting sensations in his mind. One is a sort of artistic appreciation for her beauty. The other is the sort of world shattering terror that had Adrian inches from swimming to the next city.

Rather than flee, he takes a breath and composes himself. "Great evening." Adrian smiles. "I'm Adrian Valreaux. Would you care to join me? This is a night to savor." His right hand points to rhe empty space at the table.

For all Adrian knows she is a priscus but since Alice hasn't eaten him yet, offering a seat is all he can think to do.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

After her Beast decided not to kill the new face, Alice manages to smile. It was not a bad looking face after all.

'I would love to join you, Mr Valreaux,' her accent becomes move obvious when she gets a chance to pronounce something in French, 'thank you.'

She and her ghoul sit down at the other side of the picnic table. 'This man is Nicholas Lemons, he is what he looks like.' Alice's smiles widens while Nicholas nods to greet Adrian.

'You're simply enjoying the night?'

Alice Brown, Blood Potency ••••, Presence ••• (Charming Elegance), SL 2: Angelic Face, Slight French Accent

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

"Pleasure to meet you ma'am, and you as well Mr. Lemons." Adrian passes over the name without worrying. If she saw fit to tell him, then the woman would. If not, there was no way to force it. Better to enjoy the company as it was.

Reclining back, Adrian rests his elbows on the table. "The first of many nights I hope. I rolled into Sacramento a few hours ago, found a motel, and since it was dull, I decided on a walk. I'm glad I did too. This park reminds me a great deal of New Orleans. Look at the water, the moon, the city lights. C'est magnifique!" He didn't speak a word of French, but Adrian hoped that his Cajun vocabulary would at least make the woman feel a bit more comfortable. Aside from the ghoul awkwardly hovering, he was glad to have some company.

Waiting for the woman's response, Adrian pulls a cigarette from his pocket and lights it, his Beast recoiling a touch. After a few drags of his own, he offers one to Alice and Nicholas as well.

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Your first night?! Welcome to the city then.' What a coincidence. 'I arrived last week, but I already think Sacramento is a wonderful place to live.'

Not a single lie there. Maybe not the full truth either.

Alice laughs softly, 'Yes, the Riverfront park is wonderful, it reminds me of some exciting things as well. Although most interesting events mostly happen at one of Sacramento's nightclubs. I can recommend Avalon Nightclub, or Club Ember.'

When Adrian offers the cigarette Alice shakes her head, Nicholas makes a gentle but rejecting gesture, 'No thank you, sir.' So many disadvantages. Even while they don't age, smoke still smells bad. It would make her ghoul look ugly. This Daeva hates ugliness.

Rotschreck

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

"Seems like most of my life has been lived in a bar. Part of the profession I suppose." Adrian chuckles and takes another drag. "The Avalon and the Ember. I will be sure to visit both once I've made the appropriate introductions."

Returning the cigarettes to his pocket, Adrian cocks his head back to Alice and her ghoul.

"Have you traveled much ma'am? Your accent certainly suggests it." The tone is welcoming not snide. There is genuine interest in his voice as he asks. Adrian had never gone overseas and America By Bar had not been the most enthralling of adventures. A French beauty on the far side of the country was an interesting surprise for him.

Not looking like a child in front of the very scary vampire lady

Presence ••• (Gracious)
    SL •• (Angelic Face)
    Invictus ••
    Alice Brown

Daeva Invictus

+1
    SL
    PRE

'Of course, of course, you should be properly welcomed by the city. In an official way too.

Alice nods first, in an attempt to be serious. Then she softly chuckles. 'Yes certainly, I have traveled a lot. Originally I'm from England, but I've lived most of my time in France. I like to travel from place to place, seeing what's special about every place. I was drawn to Las Vegas first, but now I'm in Sacramento obviously.'

There is no reason for many things. Irrationality, fun, lust. Daeva-ness.

She looks around, nobody else seems to be in the park at this hour. Still, she speaks only in a whisper: 'Are you in any Covenant, sir, if I may ask?'

Played by Dark Passenger

c
    cannonfire

Alice's mention of Vegas raised memories for Adrian. Memories of booze, drugs, long nights, and huge losses. He grins at the thought. "I rather enjoyed Las Vegas. A city filled with every kind of sin, it is a perfect fit for someone from my family."

When she mentions covenant, Adrian looks around to check for any passersby. With the coast clear for the moment, he speaks in a softer voice. "I have no covenant. My mother belonged to a certain democratic society, but she was just abusing it and that has kept me from joining. I don't have any problem with their philosophy, but it is hard to trust people who claim to be SO altruistic. Religion and I have never mixed, even when I was younger. My appetites typically put us at odds." He shoots a quick wink at Nicholas and then chuckles at Alice. "Academic pursuits have never been my fancy. Musical history is all I've ever given any study to."

There is a pause as Adrian wonders where this woman's loyalties lie. For all he knew he had offended her already. "Given my Southern heritage and our emphasis on proper manners and hospitality, there is one organization that holds some appeal for me. As I've said, though, I have been traveling for a while and haven't had time to dedicate to any particular group."

Turning away from the water and the moon, Adrian sits towards Alice and Nicholas, placing his elbows on the table and resting his head in his hands. "Are you committed to any of them?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread