Ended
Watch

Sandra Dee's Bar-B-Que

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    j
    jehboi

Alexander was a little surprised by the phone call. True Matt Grim had listened to him at court, and true he had expressed some interest in 'the only true path', but then again, many people seemed interested, but few actually followed up.

So it came as a bit of a shock that the Nosferatu called him up and asked if they could speak some more. Almost at a loss for words, Alexander suggested they meet for a bite to eat - a place close to Washington Park on the corner of 15th and F Street – F for Fabulous!.

A blue and white plaid cotton-button up, faded jeans, and a pair of black loafers, Alexander looked rather dressed-down considering the last time he saw Matt.

Button-Up Cool

But suits don't quite fit in the quiet neighbourhood of Mansion Flats where Alexander waited, flushed with the blush of life, for Matt in front of Sandra Dee's Bar-B-Que.

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt had wanted to meet with Alexander about the Lancea Sanctum since they had talked about it in court, it was obviously something he was interested in. And it sounded exactly like what he was looking for. It was the middle of the night and the moon was up in the air, and Matt couldn't help but stare at it a bit as he made his way to the meeting spot. Matt had taken care to make sure he covered up most of his body to hide his condition. He was wearing a old pair of beat up black sunglasses to hide his odd eye coloring, an old pair of fraying gloves, and he had his hood up to make it hard for people to get a good view of his face. The jeans were a bit of a problem, but luckily he was able to cover up the holes in them with a bit of duct tape he had laying around at his place.

As he finally got close to the meeting place, he would see Alexander and quietly make his way over to him with his hands in his pockets. As he got closer though he could clearly see the name of the restaraunt, and it brought up a few memories of his mortal days. Matt never really had the chance to eat Barbaque a lot but he did remember the times he did, the smoky baby back ribs with a side of Baked beans with a bit of brown sugar in them now that was food. But he was pretty sure he'd never be able to eat those ever again due to his new condition.

As he got up close to Alexander he would nod his head once in a greeting.

"Thanks for meeting with me here man, I appreciate it"

j
    jehboi

Alexander watched Matt approach with tactless appraisal – the coverings, the dress, the glasses. Inwardly he sighed and made a mental note: next time, they meet in the fashion district.

Outwardly he grinned, until something caught his attention and an eyebrow shot skywards:

”Is that.. duct tape?” he pronounced duct with overemphasis on the T, like someone not all that comfortable with the word: duck-tuh tape. When Matt was close, he knelt down and started to reach for a piece patching up a hole near the kindred’s knee, but stopped his curiosity.

His Beast slid up his back and hung-out by his ear, black whispers echoing darker thoughts. Like his curiosity, before he let his Beast take hold, he smothered it.

”Sorry, I’ve never seen that before, on clothing I mean” he rose, grin grown stupider.

He stuck out a hand, regaining some modicum of manners again, ”It is good to see you again Mr. Grim, I hope you like good old southern comfort food” a hint of mischief laced the last few words he spoke; they likely weren’t going to be sampling the ribs and collard greens.

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Taking his hood down with his right hand he would seem to look at Alexander through his sunglasses before giving him a grin.

"It's the latest fashion of course, you should probably get a new designer"

Staring around at the area for a bit he would begin to feel a little uncomfortable, he didn't exactly care for going into public places with his condition. But the way he was right now, it could easily be passed off just for being pale, as long as his glasses remained on that is.

"And it's nice to see you again as well, and I have-ta say that some food sounds quite nice about now"

j
    jehboi

His Beast was in full agreement with Matt, the mere thought of vitae passing his lips sent it slithering about his body - a blackened eel-like mass of writhing intent.

Alexander turned towards the homey looking restaurant, taking a minute to grapple with his urge.

"Just play along" he suggested, stepping into the BBQ joint.

It was not the fanciest placing, some might say a little trashy, but from the smells permeating the air, folk did not come for the atmosphere. Of course it all smelled like sulphur to the Daeva.

"Well hi!" called the waitress, "Just sit yourselves down where you like an' I'll be with you in a jiffy!"

Apart from the waitress, not an unattractive young woman, the place was deserted so near to closing time.

Alexander gestured for Matt to choose a spot, "Lead on dude" the word dude sounded foreign on Alex's lips, compared with his usual comportment. But he slid into the 'role' just the same, winking at the Nosferatu.

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

Matt would seem to get a bit of a smirk out of Alexanders attempt to use his slang, it just sounded a bit weird to him especially with his accent. Looking around the area for a moment he would finally decided on one of the booths sliding into his seat he would fold his hands together and place his wrists onto the table, and bend over a little bit as he looked further around the area. His face was blank, and it wasn't quite obvious what he was looking for but he seemed a little nervous. After doing so he would seem to wait for Alexander to be seated.

j
    jehboi

Alexander followed his new friend, looking quite at ease in contrast to Matt's undercurrent of nervousness. When seated, he stretched out, arms along the back of the booth, smiling first at Matt, then at the approaching waitress.

"Now aren't you a sight for sore eyes" he said, fixing her with his full attention.

Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-02 08:03:24 Alexander Stone rolls 8 to Awe (Waitress; Presence + Expression + Majesty) (10 Again) 1, 3, 2, 5, 2, 9, 4, 1 1 success

The waitress laughed softly, and shook her head, "Sorry boys, but the kitchen is closed, almost lock up time." she looked at Alex with a warm smile, and Matt with a... curious expression, "But I can fix you with a drink, and maybe heat you up a piece of pie?"

Alexander played a finger absently over the linoleum upholstery, "That's alright, me and my friend here were just passing away some time... so just a cold drink sounds great.. you got any of those cokes in the bottle?"

As she nodded enthusiastically, Alex turned to Matt, "You ok with a coke, or did you wamt something else?"

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

"Coke is fine"

Matt would seem to say bluntly and quietly to the waitress. Matt wasn't the most intelligent guy, but he knew from the way that she was talking that she was caught up in Alexander.

High school all over again

Rolling his eyes a little bit underneath his shades, he would just seem to remain calm and wait for Alexander to do his thing.

j
    jehboi

Alexander watched the waitress sway away, noting her casual look-back with a knowing grin. After a time, he turned his attention to Matt, asking simply, “Did you want some? I'm sure I could get her to with a little persuasion?”

In no time at all, the waitress, Leanne by her name-tag, placed two frosty bottles of Coca Cola Classic on the booth table, along with two plates of sugar pie, "Now this here is the best sugah pie you have ever tasted, and I won't take no for an answer" she declared, and promptly swished away.

Alexander shruged at Matt, "You heard the lady..." he said, taking a forkful of pie to his mouth. Rather deftly, he placed the sample in his mouth, then feigning a wipe of the mouth, spit out the sugary treat into his napkin.

"Tastes like pig shit... " he mutterd to Matt while giving Leanne a thumbs-up and a broad smile, "So, did you have any questions or something specific you wanted to see me about? You know, before the main course returns."

T
    TheRedHeadGamer

"I'm good, not really my type you know"

As the waitress came back with the pie and Coke he would seem to stare down at it for a bit before nodding to the waitress once in thanks, and picking up his fork.

"I'll take your word for it, and not really. I was hoping to learn a bit more about it all really, the history. The ultimate goal all that sort of stuff you know?"

Matt would begin to crush the pie up with his fork to make it look like he had been eating it, and after he had torn the piece to smaller bits. He would take his Coke and stick it up to his mouth, he wasn't going to drink it. Afterall he had learned what happens when you eat food the hard way, and he wasn't looking forward to puking it back up later. But he was going to wet his lips with it, to make it look as if though he had been eating.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.