Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Caduceus) Medstar's Academy of how to not die

THREADID

Miach

PRE

Miach had learned a lot from last year's attempt at teaching this course, and as he was walking through the basement of Idun's clinic, he rehearsed all the things he thought he would need.

All the gear is in place... Check. Danny is here, too, faithful in spite of the stains of blood. A white board, pens, and so on. Check. Some first aid kits. Check. Anatomy illustrations. Check. I've even got an answer to some freaking questions...

A smile crept on his face, and he wondered if they had sufficiently advertised the evening, and how many people would show up. And with which intent. The tall Acanthus was now pacing back and forth, waiting for Idun to finish the upstairs preparation, like food, drinks, and directions...

k
    kimura

First Aid was something the young Shaman had been wishing to grasp as a refresher since she'd moved to Sacramento and with this opportunity given she perceived it as a working of Fate, that The Lady intended for her to be more in line with what she knew her soul's calling to be.. That of a Healer.

Stepping into the Clinic The Adorable One curiously looked around, as if a cat would new surroundings, with her hands clasped gently behind her back and her head, and ponytail, bouncing as usual to some unheard song inside that questionably empty brain of her's while she looked about for any Wise she'd recognize.

Idun

PRE

Idun finishes up in her office and exits out of it. Her hair is two shades of blue, one dark with the other light. Her bangs are spiked up while the rest isn't bound by a hair clip or braided. She's wearing a cotton T-Shirt sporting an image of an Otter in water with a pair of fish near. Her jeans are slightly faded from washings.

She checks the other rooms as she walks towards the stairs, making sure that everything is in order. A quick tour of the next floor gives her a good view of the street in front of her clinic. With that, she heads for the basement, greeting Kiko and then Miach. "Hey, good to see you Kiko! Do you need help with setting up more stuff, Miach?"

B
    Beej

Dressed in blue gym shorts, sandles and a Doctor Who shirt Vincent walks through the clinic. He wondering again why he's shown up. The specticale of another train wreck? The chance to hopefully hang around Toby? Actually learn something? While all actual reasons, some were more promenint than others. Following instructions he makes his way down to the basemnt. "Hey Idun." He says to the otter clad, auqa haired medic. Kiko was here this time and his gaze lingers a moment remembering that her teacher had been in on Val's stunt. "Hey Kiko." he smiles and waves. And finally Miach. "Second time's the charm aye?" with a telling but joking look.

k
    kimura

Kiko turned and smiled warmly towards the Wise that regarded her as she walked after Idunand Vincentto glance curiously at Maich"So I have heard that I might be able to get a refresher course on helping people not die.. you know.. if it's possible and stuff." figiting around simply curious bout the whole new place to her senses.

It was time after all Kiko got out and about and perhaps, one could say, socialize more than she normally did. Yet one had to ask If Kiko was more social wouldn't the Seers and Banishers be.. you know.. not Jerks?

Miach

PRE

Miach greeted the first two participants with beaming smiles. Kiko and Reverb were most welcome to this course, though he could guess they had very different reasons. "Good evening Kiko, Reverb. Please make yourself comfortable while we wait a bit. Course is not due yet, and I had hoped there would be more people, actually... Saving other's lives is something I consider a valuable skill, after all..." and the Enchanter shrugged.

Then, to reply to the landlady, he looked around, but seemed satisfied. "I don't think so, but better safe than sorry. Would you mind looking around, and give me your appraisal of my preparations, please ?"

Kite checked his hair and outfit one more time, ‘preening’ as it were, before walking into the Caduceus Clinic. He was dressed as he usually was - semi-formally, but comfortably light for summer weather. He waved to everyone as he walked into into the room where Miach and others were waiting.

“Hello everyone!” He shot everyone a genuine smile as he took a seat. “I hope I’m not too late…”

'AtM' and 'Gain Skill' were cast respectively on the previous Saturday and Sunday morning with a week duration. Organic Resilience was cast this morning
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-07-20 16:25:18 Kite rolls 8 to Casting 'Organic Resiliance' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(dur) -1(S.A.)) (10 Again) 1, 1, 7, 6, 4, 2, 10, 1, 8 2 successes
    2013-07-20 16:24:28 Kite rolls 9 to Casting 'Organic Resiliance' (Gnosis + Life + 2(HS) - 2(dur)) (10 Again) 5, 6, 1, 6, 4, 2, 2, 7, 3 failure
    2013-07-20 16:23:07 [03] Kite rolls 9 to 'Gain Skill - Persuation' -w- A.M.; target suxx=5 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 2, 3, 7, 1, 5, 3, 3, 7, 6 failure
    2013-07-20 16:23:07 [02] Kite rolls 9 to 'Gain Skill - Persuation' -w- A.M.; target suxx=5 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 5, 3, 7, 5, 6, 8, 5, 5, 10, 5 2 successes
    2013-07-20 16:23:07 [01] Kite rolls 9 to 'Gain Skill - Persuation' -w- A.M.; target suxx=5 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 1, 9, 10, 9, 10, 2, 5, 3, 3, 10, 6, 6 5 successes
    2013-07-20 16:21:11 [03] Kite rolls 9 to 'Augment the Mind -Pres' -w- A.M.; target suxx=6 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 3, 3, 5, 2, 3, 9, 8, 3, 9 3 successes
    2013-07-20 16:21:11 [02] Kite rolls 9 to 'Augment the Mind -Pres' -w- A.M.; target suxx=6 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 5, 8, 8, 9, 3, 5, 2, 1, 3 3 successes
    2013-07-20 16:21:11 [01] Kite rolls 9 to 'Augment the Mind -Pres' -w- A.M.; target suxx=6 (Gnosis+Mind+2(HS)) (10 Again) 9, 1, 5, 7, 8, 3, 8, 2, 7 3 successes

Presence ●●●● (Fiery)
    Striking Looks ●● (Fierce)
    Status
    Arrow ●●
    Consillium ●●
    Culture ●
    Police ●
    Mana: Full
    WP: -2
    Vae
    Adamantine Arrow, ObrimosSentinel

Status (Culture) •
    Status (Emergency Services) • [Officer Gideon]
    ST INFO

PRE

Vaeltia was dressed as simply as she could be; it was a day off and considering the sheer levels of humor she was currently going through it felt like a great idea to have a bit of a ‘blast from the past’. Of course this time she had called in backup before going into a potentially dangerous situation alone.

They were blue jeans, hers and his. She wore the red tank top and he the white, she also wore an open white button up over the tank while he let the scar that raced down his arm show plainly to everyone and anyone.

And thankfully the directions were simple enough.

Vaeltia walked into the Clinic’s basement; suddenly wondering where Idun had stashed the bodies -- it didn’t much matter anyway, this time she was here for this Medstar Academy ‘how to apply bandaids 102’. Or whatever topic it was.

She had decided to google the stuff they were talking about the last go round, and still in her own opinions the most learning anyone got was while she was spending her time bleeding on the linoleum.

Hey, everyone, I hope we’re not late.” She said gesturing to Animus and herself.

Because I really don’t want to make a louder entrance with Ani behind me.

Who knew if this class was going to end up with someone bleeding out, if she had been just a little louder it might have started that way.
    Speaking {0FAF0B} || Thinking {8340A8}

nimbus

This Thread is on pause because of miach's kidnapping
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Closed Thread