Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Rooftop Meeting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Angel of Darkness
    M

Exactly one hour after hanging up the phone Dash is sitting on the rooftop where he and Animus had tested fate. Six floors above the street level of Sacramento, here they could me in private. Dash currently had more cash in his pocket than he'd ever seen in one place in his life. And in another pocket, some crazy ass street drug.

There was no way he was going to let some free council junky flunkies mess around with the stuff. He'd gotten there early and taken the time to take several precautions.

Spells up TD, TE, SoC
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-17 15:55:00 Dash rolls 6 to Omni -1 for Contagion (10 Again) 1, 9, 6, 10, 8, 3, 7 3 successes
    2013-05-17 15:50:05 Dash rolls 6 to Shielf of Cronos + HS (10 Again) 10, 4, 6, 9, 4, 3, 9 3 successes
    2013-05-17 15:48:54 Dash rolls 6 to TD + HS (10 Again) 9, 7, 9, 5, 2, 7 2 successes
    2013-05-17 15:48:12 Dash rolls 4 to Temporal Eddies (10 Again) 5, 9, 5, 4 1 success

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

It isn't long before Animus pokes his head up over the edge of the fire escape, walking out onto the roof with a wave to Dash. "I brought backup. I hope you don't mind."

Angel of Darkness
    M

The Dancer smiled and looked towards Animus seconds before the man's head poked over the fire escape. He returned the wave, but looked back at the entrance.

"Yup, so who'd ya bring?"

PRE

Animus had indeed warned Gallows that the meeting was on a rooftop, and Gallows had been fine with that. Still, he hadn't realized exactly how out of shape he had gotten since college until he finally reached the top. He would have blamed his nice clothes as being unsuited for exercise, but he knew the real reason was too many days spent cooped up inside a morgue, and not at the gym.

"Hey," he said, only panting a little bit once he had reached the top. "Gallows, of the Silver Ladder." He frowned briefly. "Have we met?"

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

Between the Bridge and the roof, West had changed. A dark pair of sweatpants and t-shirt had replaced the suit, and he effortlessly followed Animus onto the roof.

As the others exchanged greetings, he did a slow circuit around the rooftop, looking both for anything suspicious as well as points of entry/exit and sight lines to other buildings. He didn't like the exposure.

"Howdy."

They'd met... had they exchanged names? He couldn't remember.
    Nimbus

Angel of Darkness
    M

The rooftop was chosen for a reason. It was the tallest building on the block at 6 stories. The fire escape was the one obvious escape route, but there was a balcony 3 stories down on the side overlooking the street. Which is the side where Dash now stood near, he'd made the series of drops before and so had Animus, not many people would be willing to follow though.

This was shirtless guy from the Claire, his name was a cardinal direction, easy enough to remember the black dude he'd never met.

"West" he offers the man a nod before looking back to Animus. He regards the wolf-man, Dash's face devoid of emotion. "I see the gangs all here, eh?" He tosses a tiny plastic bag at Animus, it's contents glowing, blue and granular, like cocaine mixed with a chem light.

"That's the new street drug Glo, found it getting sold at work. Buncha Free Council junkies were there looking to get a hold of it. Shit's magic dude. I was thinking of Post-cog'ing, but I didn't wanna touch it until someone with better eyes got a look at it. Shit's so addictive kids are killing themselves and each other over it. I can only imagine that effects on our Community would be just as severe if not worse if the Awakened Ded heads of Sac-town started shoving this shit up their noses."

Presence •••

West
    Adamantine Arrow

PRE

"What's it do?"

West leaned slightly toward Animus, looking at the bag.

Personally, he favored psychedelics. Stimulant psychedelics were fine, too, but the glory days of good MDMA were long gone. Pure stimulants and opiates had never done much for him.

OOC Question
    Nimbus

It's blacklight reactive, so unless you have a blacklight it looks like light blue dust.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Angel of Darkness
    M

Dash shrugged, "Dunno for sure. I don't do drugs, saw too many people getting royally fucked from getting involved with that. But from what I've gathered it makes people see shit AND it's an upper like cocaine. I scrutinized the shit and since it's magical I wasn't sure what kind of effect other study would have on it or me. So I figured I'd call in a trusted friend." The last phrase is emphasized with a pointed look at Animus Surprise here's some people you may or may not know... not cool.

He shakes his head, "Anyway, that stuff is super addictive, kids killing themselves and each other over it, or maybe because of it, or maybe it's killing them. Who knows." He points into the direction of the Rage.

"My boss is letting the dealer's pedal the shit out of his club, I imagine he's getting a kickback, cause shit doesn't happen in the Rage without Jammer knowing about it. And since he's my boss... I can't exactly confront him about it, I like my job. But I don't reckon he's producing or part of the supply chain. It'd be ludicrous to sell that out of your own place of business." Dash sat down on the ledge. He wasn't the brightest, nor was he very book-smart, but the kid grew up on the streets and he knew how they operated.

PRE

Gallows raised an eyebrow when the stranger declined to introduce himself, but didn't press. He was assuming this was Dash--that was the name Animus had used--and if he wanted to get down to business rather than swap business cards, that was fine. It was time to get to work.

"I'm pretty sure selling drugs like this is a violation of the city charter," said Gallows, frowning. "We're supposed to abide by whatever laws we can without exposing ourselves, and selling magic drugs to clubbers definitely doesn't qualify." He took a step forward, looking at the sample. "If you don't mind, I'd like to take a look and see if I can tell what the chemical makeup of this thing is," Gallows said to Dash. "If we can get an idea of the ingredients, it might be a good starting point for where it's coming from or what it's really doing."

Assuming no objection from Dash, 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-26 15:13:38 Gallows rolls 5 to tries to discern the composition of the drug (10 Again) 1, 9, 1, 2, 4 1 success
    Results PMed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread