Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(1305) Emma and Velma

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Psychangel

”No harm done.”

And indeed, it surely seems the Herald is having quite a busy day.”
    She stated while her head is still turned towards the small group of kindred that had gathered around the petite woman.

”And you Doctor?” The songstress alts for a moment before continuing through her predetermined tread.

”Have you been keeping yourself busy?” the succubus inquires, apparently with no aim in mind.
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Emma French

PRE

Emma is briefly distracted as she watches her pricus sneak up on Daniella. With a slight shake of the head she looks back to Velma. "Oh I have been keeping myself moderately busy. How about yourself? I haven't seen you around much recently?" Emma smiles sweetly, thinking about the last time she did see her. "Have you been doing much singing?" Emma asked pleasently.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

She knows... In fact the doctor had given it away the moment she asked about her whereabouts. The two of them didn’t frequent the same places which meant it was somewhat usual for them to go on without actually seeing each other for some time… besides Sacramento had what? One million people living in it?

Just what does she want??

The songstress was actually intrigued to watch the savage playing the game, trying out some tunes, it was like music, folk music or country. She decided to play some chords of her own.

”Singing, yes, I’ve been doing some singing in the last few months, it has been keeping me quite busy…”

Lies Lies Lies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-06-17 17:28:19 Velma Star rolls 9 to lie to Emma French = Man + Sub + SL + ST (10 Again) 10, 4, 1, 9, 5, 3, 1, 1, 9, 5 3 successes

Whether or not the Doctor knew the truth, if she only knew part of the truth she would at least wonder… if she knew the entire truth she would dismiss it under the pretence of being at court, nothing to lose for Velma here…

”And you Doctor? How is the funerary business going for you?”
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma gives a crooked little smile with her dark eyes twinkling with pleasure. "I am so glad you have been able to do some singing. Do you sing at a particular club? I would love to come watch sometime. I am so envious of those who can perform on your level." Emma sounded very sincere. "The funeral business has been good. I have been dividing my time between that and writing an article for an archeology journal about the dig." Emma knew they were in court and that called for politeness, but she also knew Velma was usually one of those who could sweetly tell you to go to hell. Therefore, it was very nice to have a polite conversation with her.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma actually ponders the Gangrel’s words for a moment, quietly and silently. The songstress decided she showed improvements since their last meet up during the interview.

Her smile actually grew when Emma tried to pull the rug underneath her feet with what she believed to be a tricky question, or one that Velma would actually have to lie about…

The succubus closes in just a small step further as if to confide something to the Gangrel.

“Well Doctor, let me confide you with something…” she pauses as if to give more emphasis to the revelation.

“…in fact the Herald has trusted me with a job at the Ember. To tell you the truth she already had before we met during our interview…” There is a small grin painted on her face, the venomous sting was subtle but if Emma thought a bit about it she would understand what Velma was actually trying to say about the Herald’s intentions all along.

“In fact I remember a part when she mentioned we were going to be tested during the interview… I wonder… if they trust us, why test us?” the answer hangs in the air for just a few moments before Velma takes her step back to her normal stance. The message had been delivered it was now up to Emma to do the Math.
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma chose to ignore Velma and her attemps to hurt her. Emma reminded herself that Velma was not like her. Velma was a self-centered shrew. One to be pitied, sometimes. Emma smiled softly, "Tests are not bad. And trust is a tenuous thing. It is to be earned, guarded and tested. How we react to situatons is important in understanding who we are. For example," Emma lowered her voice a bit, "You did something not so nice to me in the interview. I could have whined about what you did or seeked revenge. Instead I chose to stand with my head held high, take my punishment and then let the fates decide your ultimate punishment." Emma smiled sweetly, satisfied in knowing that she was a good person and it didn't matter what Velma thought of her. Emma's beast choose now to remind her that others would not think she was such a good person. How much blood was on her hands, how often had she terroized the herd? Not all were the scurge of the kine. Emma pushed beast and beast's negative thoughts away. "I am very happy for you and your position. Does that mean you are singing at Ember?" Emma resumed her normal tone of voice.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Tssk tssk

Velma waves her index finger as if negating the words the savage was proffering.

“Those are just the lies you tell yourself to sleep better during the day…” her smile is actually friendly as if she was sharing confession with someone she knew from a long time.

”You see, what I did back then was nothing more than to just stir something you already have inside of you…" the ravager confided to the savage.

”I was expecting to see you cower in abject fear. Her head nods as if she was just stating the obvious.

But no, you stood up for yourself, proud and strong, in control!" Velma was certain her speech would call to something inside Emma.

"In a certain way that night you earned my respect. The fact that you had to be punished for that by others only means they don’t truly understand you or know what you are capable off…" The songstress pauses for a while as if to make her point across.

"…or perhaps they know and are just too afraid, seeking to keep you entertained so that you don’t actually realize you could be so much more…”
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

Emma smiled brightly at Velma. Emma wasn't sure whether to take Velma's comment about respecting how she handled the situation as a sincere compliment or that Velma wanted something. For now, Emma decided to take it at face value. Taking things at face value was not something to be done in general when faced with Velma, but what the heck. Emma nodded at the other comments, "I believe you are correct as to how the others perceive me. I tend to be quiet and mind my own business and that makes people underestimate me." Emma let a mischievious grin slip out, "What makes you think I want to be more than I am? I'm not saying I don't have goals, but you sound as if you think I have a need for power within the domain." Emma paused and considered, "I suppose if I wanted more power I could try for any number of vacant positions. However, with power comes responsibility. I guess I just prefer the sidelines. Being center of attention has never been a priority for me." Emma knew someone like Velma could never truely understand her views. And she did have to give Velma some credit for her perception of Emma. Damn, if she continued to stand here talking to Velma she might even begin to enjoy her company. "Anyway, I just wanted to come speak to you and let you know that I harbor no ill feelings towards you for what happened during the interview." Emme raised a hand as if to halt Velma's comments, "I realize you probably couldn't give a rat's ass as to whether or not I do. But I needed to say it for me, because you are correct, I am proud and strong and I need to be able to live with myself. Thoughts of clean slates and fresh starts came to mind. Emma stiffled a small giggle as she thought about cleaning smutch off her Priscus's face.

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma smiled quietly as Emma spoke.

The savage’s words were expected… there was a lot of work to be done with Emma, the Ravager had planted a seed almost half a year ago, hopefully in time it would grow and bear fruit, but in order to do that Velma needed to water and nurture it.

As the savage finishes the songstress smiles warmly.

“Oh, don’t say that, It might not look like but I’m interested in what you have to say…” she pauses for a moment.

“Sometimes others misunderstand my ways… I might come across as something I’m not… I think you probably understand a bit of what I might be going through.” She empathizes with an understanding smile.

“The truth though is that I care, like I know you do to. Otherwise we wouldn’t be here, right?” she lets the answer purposefully unanswered as if to make her point.

The succubus looks to her watch and realizes the night is coming to an end.

“Well, I hope we can meet again under better circumstances, I will leave for now Doctor, have a good night.”
    Velma Star*

Emma French

PRE

"Thank you for taking the time to talk with me." Emma offers a warm smile and quietly adds, "I hope your test went as well as mine." A quick crooked grin and her eyes twinkled, "Have a good evening." Emma ave a slight head bow and walked away quickly.

Closed Thread