Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

We still are made of greed

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

In the aftermath of the Burning of the Four Seasons, as the city healed; and those of the Freehold still kept their paranoid eyes wide.

At least the mundanes hadn’t said bomb, there had been no explosion, but with the recent bombing in Boston and the shootings in Chicago, it was difficult to get anything true from the media any more.

That was how the Keepers liked it, at least in Nova’s opinion.

She was at the park, her grey-storm eyes half closed as she thought of what was the free hold commons. Nova had no remorse for what had happened, it wasn’t her problem, she was not of their number. There had been no acceptance, only rules.

Rules and Oaths -- Those were things she would never hold to other than by her own will, even if it meant ostracizing herself.

At least this way she was free.

Nova sat on the grass in Granite Park, her white lace porcelain skin a stark contrast to the Clothes she had chosen for the occasion. She had needed something to change the whole mood of recent events.

Not that she cared, but the Scissors did, and she preferred to not be at that mercy

1suxx on makeup
    Date Action Roll Result
    2013-05-10 21:49:22 Nova rolls 8 to To be pretty (10 Again) 3, 2, 1, 3, 6, 1, 6, 8 1 success
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep.
    Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to.
    He says that only a few people are awake,
    and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Let's have fun!
    Mask

Mask: a swarthy 20 something middle easterner.

Mien: comical round monkey wars on the top of his head and a brown monkey tail.

PRE

Al-Adin is working off some pain and loss, losing himself in exuberance and the thrill of the run. His feet are still tender from his escape through the hedge, so he runs with his hands. He swings Tarzan style, throwing himself through the trees like they were parallel bars, before seeing something new, someone different.

He dropped down, and what is remarkable is the lack of hesitation, the lack of fear of the unknown. He walks boldly up to Nova, a broad smile on his face, and the laughter of happy children following him like a theme song.

"Hiya! I'm Al-Adin! The fastest thief in the city!"
    Beast: Runnerswift (monkey mien) Striking Looks2: Arabian Prince,
    Spring Mantle 5: Laughter of children
    Presence 3: Effusive

Nova was at a loss for words, people didn’t normally just drop into her lap and announce themselves...at least not with their own giggletrack...and not with a monkey’s tail.

On the other hand there was just enough weird things going on in her life that she couldn’t really help herself -- although it took a single shake of the head to get her words in order

Fastest thief?

Speculation dripped in her tone. “What have you stolen?

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Yup, no one is a faster thief than me. Nightfall was faster, but he wasn't a thief , so that doesn't count. I've taken a bunch of stuff, but I'm not supposed to talk about it. I could get in trouble, or get other people in trouble. Like with the kyes *chuckle*. Though I did raid a bad guy's office once and take stuff from him. Then he took my friend, so I stole her back. I wonder what happened to her since then? I think her sister took her home maybe. Have you seen anyone named Yata? She's kinda short and speaks funny and is a little shy but enjoys bowling a lot and is a really nice girl with black hair and raven feathers everywhere."
    He takes a breath.
    "So who are you?" He holds out his hand to shake, a huge smile on his face.

Nova just tipped her head to the side as she listened, this strange monkey person...Al-Adin had a mouth that ran faster than a jackrabbit. Actually the whole conversation seemed to make her spiral just a little.

What? No... I don’t think so.” she said as she tried to catch up again.

He was talking in circles. “Um, Astra. Astra Kris.” she said easily slipping her preferred secondary name, she never knew if she’d have to leave again, and it was easier this way.

No ties, no cages.

JUSTIN KINCAID

Justin didn't go out to the park very often, or nor had he gamed or done much of anything he used to enjoy over the past few weeks because it just didn't feel right. He was still alive, though others were not, and it was a struggle to keep his focus and try to not allow his own grief and sense of disconnection get the better of him. For an Elemental it was that ability to keep a healthy connection which enabled them to retain -- or at least mimic -- their humanity, Justin was never sure which.

Some Lost had gone to ground, rightfully so. Others were trying to live in defiance of what had happened. Justin was doing the best he could. He had been told that Spartan and the others weren't really dead, that as long as they were remembered then they were still present in spirit.

Noticing the other two Lost, Justin was at first annoyed, then curious, as to how they could be out and about when the rest of the world had seemingly gone to shit.

As he walked over towards them, because he just wanted to talk with someone long enough to distract him from his own sense of loss, he paused slightly when he noticed that the girl was a Manikin.

Justin had always felt somewhat like the odd man out, and for a moment his mood lifted when it became clear that he wasn't alone when it came to being a construct. The fact that the girl was the focus of Little Monkey Dude's attention haven't seen him for a long time made it somewhat easier to approach them. It didn't occur to the Manikin that he could be walking up on someone's date.

Let's have fun!
    Mask

PRE

"Oh. Oh well. Thats a cool name though! Astra. Do you want to be friends Astra? Hold on." Al-Adin spots movemenout of the corner of his eye, and then bolts over.
    "JUSTIN! Hey! Good to see you!" Al-Adin raises his hand for a high five. "I met a new friend!" He then proceeds to drag the manikins together. "Justin, Astra, Astra, Justin."
    He grins a proud grin, that reminds the two of a puppy that just succesfully played fetch.

Mouth open, just a little brain shattered -- that was the look that the porcelain girl was giving the over enthusiastic monkey. Of course it didn’t help that he brought over another person like it was a play toy.

She looked up from her place on the ground in her scene-ripped clothes and the lacework of her body.

You’re plastic.” It was less of a statement, and certainly not meant to offend, but that was what she could see. Another person similar to herself, but different.

Nova rose delicately to her feet, so as to not accidentally break anything, and held out a thin porcelain hand to the plastic man - Justin.

Hi, I’m Astra.

The monkey had said that already, hadn’t he?

Justin was nearly jerked from his feet by the exubriant Monkey Dude, but he didn't protest the sudden movement because it brought him closer to the unfamiliar girl. If anything, he felt the beginnings of a smile forming on his face, because Al-Adin's joy was just that contagious.

His eyes were wide behind his sunglasses as he was all but dragged over to where the porcelain Manikin was sitting. The young man was artificial looking, as though his skin and hair had been replaced by the same synthetic materials from which fashion dolls and action figures were made. There was a sense of awkward earnestness about him, but then his nascent Mantle swept around his body and there was an impression that he was built for performance which contrasted with his outward appearance....somewhat.

"Ah....yes, plastic. Yeah, that's part of it." He grinned, then, "I'm Justin. It's good to meet you, Astra. That's a pretty name, very unusual."

Noticing the offered hand God she is so delicate, I hope I don't do anything stupid that can hurt her Justin pushed his sunglasses back on his head so that he could take in the finer details of the girl without having them dimmed or darkened by the lenses. Why he didn't have it nowhere as bad as Rook had in terms of curbing his strength, he was still very much a construct which had been built for being durable in the face of extreme physical risk and part of him wanted to say I can't shake hands because I'll break you.

He took the offered hand as gently as he could, then, "For a while there, I was wondering if I was the only member of our...particular sort...in Sacramento."

Note to self....remember to thank Al for introducing me to her.

Nova could feel the ferocity of his Mantle buzzing around him. And she recognized it as a piece of Summer. It almost made her groan.

What is with all these Summers? she couldn’t help but ask herself. The whole court seemed attracted to her or something, they were always just popping up out of thin air.

Thanks, I chose it myself.” For a moment the wind of her mantle took her darkviolet-blue mohawk hair for a whip.

For a moment there was a sharp pain and her hand went to her left side. The Scissors were acting up again, she would have to retie the ribbons later. “I’m still kind of new...there was an issue at the last thing...at the...place.

She knew where it was, there was just that whole fact that it didn’t exist anymore, and the fact that she had spent most of the event under the banquet table because of her desires.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread