Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren rocked back and forth on his heels, enjoying the breeze that came through the doors every time they opened with a new guest. The ledger was filling up nicely and Toren planned to see that it was placed securely in the Athenaeum as a record of the occasion. It wasn't that anything momentous were being planned, at least as far as he knew. But it was the duty of Mystagogues to see that all knowledge was preserved for future Awakened. That thought sat in his mind as he idly checked his watch to see how long they had until the doors closed. Still some time it seemed.

As fewer Awakened arrived, Toren had a moment to look around to see how the guests were faring and allowed himself a moment to speak with others at greater length should they approach him.
    Oblations: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved gently rose from his seat and gently drifted over to where Toren was standing. "You seem to be doing the Consilum proud today," he said with a small appreciative smile teasing his lips. It wasn't much of a conversation starter, but it was the best the reticent could manage.

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

Toren turns to Uncarved, seeing his smiling face after receiving another greeting from the man. "Thank you. I do what I can, though all of the Mysterium helped to prepare this event. I'm just the greeter for the evening. So, Uncarved, I believe I recognize you from the last gathering. How have you been enjoying Sacramento since your arrival?" The question followed along the lines of small talk but how else were they to get to know each other?
    [Moros Meeting] Active Spells: Ward, Speak With The Dead, Grim Sight | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 9/9 | Def: 2
    [Library Galleria] Active Spells: Supernal Vision, Unseen Aegis | WP: 5/9 | Health 8/8 | Mana 7/7 | Def: 2

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

"I have enjoyed my wanderings greatly," Uncarved replied. "I have seen the city from the view of the street. I have not been able to appreciate where our society intersects." He struggled for words for a moment, then continued with a determined air: "If I recall correctly you are involved with a Cabal - the Keepers of Mimir's Well?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon stands a few feet away from Uncarved and Toren. He obviously wants to ask something, but doesn't want to interrupt the conversation.
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

"Ah, an attentive listener. You've heard correctly, I am in such a Cabal," answers Toren, raising a finger and wagging it slightly in an obscure gesture. "But even in the Streets you can see much of the City and hear the goings on. As the Fallen World is a reflection of the Supernal, so can we tell the Supernal movements by its subtle intricacies." He chuckles light-heartedly at himself. "Or at least it sounds proverbial if I phrase it that way. Really the city is a beautiful place and there's much to see even if it's not necessarily of interest to the Consilium."

After a moment, Toren notices Ermon standing nearby. The Moros turns and waves before beckoning the man to come closer. "Hello again. Ermon, was it? I'm Toren of the Mysterium, your hosts for the evening. Anything I can help you with?" Toren had saw the man enter though was between greetings and hadn't been able to pay him more attention. But he didn't have that problem now so long as Uncarved didn't mind the additional company.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved turned slightly and gave Ermon a slight bow. "I remember you," he said simply. "How have you been?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon returns the smile:

"And I - you. Thank you, I've been fine. On my way to joining a Cabal and generally meeting new people."

He turns to Toren:

"Which is why I wanted to bother you for a bit. I'm sorry, but could you tell me who's in charge here? What's the Concillium like? The only person of power outside their Order or Cabal or whatever I know is the Hierarch. Who introduced herself as George." - his smile crooks a little of the words. - "So if you could sum up in two words who the big shots are, I'd be grateful."
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Toren
    Toren

Presence •
    Status •• (Academics)
    Mysterium Status ••
    Consilum Status •

PRE

To Ermon, Toren replies, "Ah, yes. As you are new here you would not know of the recent changes to our hierarchy. In Sacramento, our Consilium has been subject to targeted attacks against our Councilors and other officers. As such, those that were not assassinated left or went into hiding. So it was decided to revise the Consilium into a more equal distribution of power. The Cabals are now the only recognized voices of the Consilium outside the Hierarch and Order heads. Though even the Order heads tend to only watch over their Order's interests. However, I have heard that Hierarch Avalon intends to reinstate those positions of power that structure the Consilium. Nominations for Heralds and Sentinels have already been made, though not publicly as of yet. So, to sum it up in two words, 'no one'. Though if I had three words I would say, 'no one yet'." Toren smiled at his last statement, reassuring the newcomer that the familiar face of the Consilium would be just around the corner.

If Toren were a cautious man he might consider that Ermon might have been fishing for names, and possibly targets. They had not yet discovered the identity of the assassins who had been targeting their officers and councilors. A spy in their midst would only set them back further. But Toren's smile was genuine and he imagined the Awakened man's question was a fair one.

Uncarved
    Uncarved

PRE

Uncarved looked as though he might speak, but with a sidelong glance and a slight smile towards Ermon the mastigos waits.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread