Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1304) Aïleen and Chase

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

As she and Chase Ankers walked to the side of their former gathering, she looked at him with askance.

"I am glad we have this opportunity, Chase. But what is it you wanted to talk about, please ?" for he must have had a purpose, that much was obvious.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Striking Looks •• (handsome)
    Blood Potency •
    -Blush Active in Social Scenes-

PRE

Chase stands close to his fellow Supplicant, grateful for the distance between himself and Father Thomas. He smiles to the small demure figure beside him as she asks for an explanation of his intentions. "Ah that. Well I mostly wanted to see how your studies are going, the computer studies, that is. No doubt your studies of the Coils have improved as well. Congratulations, by the by," he says, his charm beginning to manifest once again.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

The smile she gratified the Lord was nothing short of disarming in its pure childish glee. "Thank you ! I must say, the feeling of achievement from the Chrysalis was..." she smiled, and shrugged. How could you explain freedom ?

''I'm glad you ask about computers, too, because I fully remember that I offered my services should I become proficient enough. And I think I am, or close enough. Computers truely are a wonder, when you get to know them !" They did exactly as they were told, they could be predicted and relied upon, and there were so many parallels that could be drawn with their studies that it seemed like an endless field of possibilities to the young Dragon.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Such mirth and joy, thought Chase, as he admired the Mehket in her response. That she felt so comfortable to express herself was reassuring. "They are indeed," agreed Chase and twirled a lock of his hair over his ear. "Obedient and advanced tools of this age. As society becomes integrated with devices of convenience it will be those who understand their nature who hold the keys. You of course are invited to join my company as a special staff member. The Kine in my employ are talented men and women. Being around them and seeing what they do will only further your studies and experiences. But there is no rush. If you choose, you needn't even work directly out of Ubiquity's facilities... Ah well, in any case, your real achievement is in the Coils. If I'm not careful I may soon ask to study under you." The Lord chuckles, only half-joking.

"Could I ask a question of you? I don't mean it to be rude or invasive. I'm only curious as to your true age, how long it's been since your Embrace. I often feel as though I'm the truly youngest here, but I'm curious if that's something else we share." Aileen did seem young and girlish at the moment. And when had first met her she was uncertain and introverted. Perhaps she were coming out of her shell, as it were.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

As Chase offered to help her further her knowledge of computers and programming, she could barely refrain from nodding frantically. Only the setting, and the numerous Beasts around, reminded her that they weren't in a private setting. "This is a great offer, and I'd like to talk further about it. How about we meet again in a few weeks, in private ?"

The second part of his statement, about the Coils, would have made her blush, but she was indeed proud of herself. It hadn't been easy, but it was oh-so worth it. "Thank you, Supplicant Ankers. But I'm still a far cry from being a Scribe, as our esteemed Miss Villiers, and so you need not worry about asking a request that I would of course grant you." She replied frankly. Though her tone seemed to imply she was diligently working to keep on improving her situation.

His last question made her think of Arnold Culler, and his stance that every information was valuable, and should have a price. She couldn't exactly agree, but there had been a lesson in it, she reckoned. "You're not being rude nor invasive, Chase. Though I'm curious as to your age too, if you go by that ? As for me, I'm but thirty. Total. Do we share that too, beyond the Ordo, computers, and swimming ?" she asked, hoping her truthfullness would be rewarded.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"As you like it," replies Chase coolly regarding the employment. She was no base Kine, so even if she did agree he would not treat her with any less respect nor expect her to be at his beck and call. "I think we all aspire to be as knowledgeable as Scribe Villiers though, so you may as well set your ambitions so high."

He smiles as she reveals her age to him. "So I suppose I am still the youngest then," he admits, rubbing the back of his head as if embarrassed, though he had already gotten used to the idea. "I'll be turning twenty-nine this year. Maybe that's why we get along so well together. Since I've already emboldened myself to ask that much, I might tempt you with another offer, something for you to think about until next time." Chase lowers his voice, if only to discourage anyone who had been eavesdropping on them. "Have you ever considered joining a Coterie?" He hoped the implication of the question said enough to carry his meaning. As two young neonates, they would last much longer if they banded together as allies. Their interests and ideals were congruent that it would work in their favor.

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Her smile to him wasn't one of an older sister, but there was something like... affection, perhaps... in it when he revealed he was even younger than her. Younger perhaps, but more self-assured, for sure. The Ventrue seemed to know what he wanted to achieve, to have his goal set. Aïleen merely wanted to be rid of her Dreams. Or at least to understand and control them. She envied him, if she were honest with herself.

When he leaned forward conspiratorially to ask his question, she couldn't help but be surprised. Had he really implied what she thought ? Was she being considered for a coterie ? Her ? Well... come to think of it, it was true that she could do things, as the last few months had proved... perhaps... perhaps... "Who hasn't, I ask you ? It has crossed my mind, yes." she replied honestly. Of course, she had more often thought about it in a very academic fashion, more than as a reality that might involve her, but that could Change too.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

"Good, very good," says Chase sweetly. "Then perhaps I'll leave you with those thoughts for now. I believe the evening may be winding down. A shame. I never did make it up to Heaven, but at least I found good company in Hell. Perhaps that gives even the Damned a silver lining." Chase took a step back, no longer having a reason to whisper in such close proximity, and tilted his head in a slight bow.

"We'll speak more on this soon. Until then, I trust you'll have a splendid evening. Maybe, if you'd permit me, we could meet at that pool you've mentioned before?"

Aileen McFarlane

PRE

Looking around, Aïleen noticed indeed the various groups dissolving as people took their leaves one after another. "I'll keep those thoughts in mind, yes." she replied with a smile, as she readied to exit too.

"I'll gladly welcome you to my pool next time, of course. It would be only fair, after all. I wish you a superb evening as well, Chase" and she took the sides of her crimson robe to give her fellow Dragon a quick curtsy.

Chase Ankers
    Chase Ankers

Presence ••• (charming)
    Blood Potency •

PRE

Chase leaves her with a smile and exits to the main thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread